Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3 vs CGO3+ ?

How can I tell if my Q500 4k has a CGO3 or a CGO3+?
The Q500 4K ships with a CGO3. The H ships with the CGO3+. The mounts are different and are not interchangeable. Also the base voltage on the Q is 11.1v and the H is 14.8v so the cameras are set up to operate on different voltages.

How can I tell if my Q500 4k has a CGO3 or a CGO3+?

CGO3+

Yuneec_CGO3Plus_Side.jpg

CGO3
Yuneec_CGO3_Side.jpg

You can use a CGO3 wirh a Typhoon H but not a CGO3+ with a Typhoon Q500 (ST10(+))

Reactions: Rayray
Thanks, I've got a CGO3. The way some threads talk about each almost interchangably, I got confused.

As for voltage, can I run my CGO3 on a 3S Li-Po, on the handheld camera holder (in place of the 8 AA)? In other words, it 12.6 volts too high? I've seen this mod on other threads. Tks.

Excellant, I was hoping someone would say that. Don't like using qty 8 AA when I've got plenty of 1000 maH 3S Li-Po laying around. You guys are the best. Tks.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Hello can someone explain, now I'm going by memory, but when I get into the camera settings of my new 500 4K via the st10 one of the options is CGO pro. I have not set it to that' yet but just wondering if our cameras are the regular CGO or pro. Is the pro version the "+" referenced by others here?

Many tks

Hello can someone explain, now I'm going by memory, but when I get into the camera settings of my new 500 4K via the st10 one of the options is CGO pro. I have not set it to that' yet but just wondering if our cameras are the regular CGO or pro. Is the pro version the "+" referenced by others here?

Many tks
You should select CGO Pro simply because it opens up additional camera settings on the ST10. Gives you much more control over the cameras exposure.

Reactions: Chitown harry
I was really hoping that the camera system would be more modular and allow for upgrading the camera without the bird.

I understand weight restrictions, but I can't imagine a CGO3 and 3+ are that different in weight.

I was really hoping that the camera system would be more modular and allow for upgrading the camera without the bird.
I understand weight restrictions, but I can't imagine a CGO3 and 3+ are that different in weight.
The system is modular and the camera series was CGO2, CGO2+ and CGO3 that fit the Q500. When the CGO3+ was introduced it was designed with a 360 degree rotation. The ST10 doesn't have enough channels to add the rotation to the controls. The H will have more camera options later this year.

Thanks for the explanation Steve!

That's understandable about the channel limitation, though I still wished Yuneec would focus on this modular idea a bit heavier.

If the CGO3+ is really an improvement, I'd rather have it even without the addition of 360 rotation, which seems like it could be an easy fix using code.
If it was a weight/voltage thing, that makes for a harder and more understandable limitation.

I'd just love more options for selecting the right camera combinations + platform. I don't like the look of the H, so that forces me to switch brands if I'd like better optics.

Thanks for the explanation Steve!
That's understandable about the channel limitation, though I still wished Yuneec would focus on this modular idea a bit heavier.
If the CGO3+ is really an improvement, I'd rather have it even without the addition of 360 rotation, which seems like it could be an easy fix using code.
If it was a weight/voltage thing, that makes for a harder and more understandable limitation.
I'd just love more options for selecting the right camera combinations + platform. I don't like the look of the H, so that forces me to switch brands if I'd like better optics.
When the Q500 was introduced the only malfunction that seemed recurrent was ESC failures. It soon became apparent to Yuneec that a quadcopter had a significant disadvantage when one motor circuit failed....a severe crash. I think that led them to abandon the quad design and develop the H which can still land with a failed motor. Although you may not like the look of the H, it represents a more reliable design in terms of speed and stability in wind. For those who have an interest in improved camera quality the new series of cameras soon to be released should satisfy that need. None of those will work on the Q because the voltage and channel requirements are different.

Would you happen to know exactly to wire up the CGO3 to a Typhoon H since the connections are different? Thanks in advance.

The CGo3 came in two versions.
If you have the white CG03 (Chroma), it does not have the hotshoe contacts on the camera mount. It uses only the pigtail connector. Does the Typhoon H have the body connector that works with the pigtail?
If you have the black version pictured above, (Q500 4K) with the three "hotshoe" contacts on the mount, the camera will just slide on and work as is. The three connectors it has will match with the three appropriate connectors on the "H", and just not use the other three on the "H". (However, please be aware that the hotshoe connectors on the black version may have been disconnected either by accident or intentionally, making it essentially the same as the white version.)

The CGo3 came in two versions.
If you have the white CG03 (Chroma), it does not have the hotshoe contacts on the camera mount. It uses only the pigtail connector. Does the Typhoon H have the body connector that works with the pigtail?
If you have the black version pictured above, (Q500 4K) with the three "hotshoe" contacts on the mount, the camera will just slide on and work as is. The three connectors it has will match with the three appropriate connectors on the "H", and just not use the other three on the "H". (However, please be aware that the hotshoe connectors on the black version may have been disconnected either by accident or intentionally, making it essentially the same as the white version.)
Thank you very much for the quick reply.

When the Q500 was introduced the only malfunction that seemed recurrent was ESC failures. It soon became apparent to Yuneec that a quadcopter had a significant disadvantage when one motor circuit failed....a severe crash. I think that led them to abandon the quad design and develop the H which can still land with a failed motor. Although you may not like the look of the H, it represents a more reliable design in terms of speed and stability in wind. For those who have an interest in improved camera quality the new series of cameras soon to be released should satisfy that need. None of those will work on the Q because the voltage and channel requirements are different.
@WTFDproject Hey man ! Does @Steve Carr think ESC failure at motor stop aka crash or ESC failure while in air with normal motor load ? If in the air then im worried lol

In the air.
I don't often hear about it any more. Maybe because they fixed something, maybe just because not as many flying as there once was. I fly pretty much everyday, and have not had a failure on a Q500. (Had it happen twice on 350QX, but I was really "pushing it" both times).
That doesn't mean it's not going to happen. "Fall from the sky' is a possibility, and ESC failure is one of the ways it can happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my