Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO4 and Steadygrip as main 'on the ground' rig

Reaction score
Hi all, just looking for some opinions...

I'm sold on the H920 plus for aerial work (I'm coming from a DJI Inspire 1 Pro) but also need a rig for ground based filming. I was going to go with my GH4 on something like a Ronin MX for stablilsed ground work. I'd then rig an external audio recorder and 7" monitor alongside so I can see what I'm doing.

I realise that the CGO4 isn't as accessible as a full GH4 in terms of buttons etc, but is it still usable in a run'n'gun style shoot, using the menu through your phone/tablet device? Can it record from external audio?

The GB603 seems like a good idea to be able to stabilise my GH4 when ground-based, but the H920 plus doesn't support it.

Any feedback from you guys on the ground already using the system would be welcomed.

All the best :)

I don't have any first hand knowledge of the CGo4 but can only speak to the Cgo3 and steadygrip.
The audio isn't of very good quality due to the noise from the cooling can and gumball motors. I have heard of others doing a mod to install a Jack for an external Mic though I have not looked to deeply for that option. I'm sure someone could comment if the cgo4 has similar sound issues. Everything else about the steady grip in my opinion is outstanding and always invites interest from many who see me out and about filming which has led to paid gigs. I don't claim to be an expert but with this setup have been able to put food on the table by recording on another device (early on, my cell phone lol) and importing the file in post. Hope this helps a bit.

ALX
AERONAUTICAL IMAGES
SCIENCE OF FLIGHT & ART OF PHOTOGRAPHY

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval