Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CHARGER DIFFERENCES

I have another question and hopefully I will know everything after that lol.
On the charger there are 6 different settings. When I press the + or - it will scroll thru them. They are...
LiPo Balance
" Charge
" Fast Charge
" Storage
" Discharge
Assuming what ever function I'm using the battery or batteries must be set at 5.4 and 11.1. Is this correct? Ok when it is time to charge a battery do I set the charger on the setting that says "LiPo Balance" abd then immediately hold the start button down to start the charge or is the setting on the word "LiPo Charge"
It also seems if I bring the Q500 down at the sound of the first warning and remove the battery at that time it appears that the reading is exactly at the storage setting of 3.8, how convenient! Is it supposed to be that way. I've never ran beyond this point. Can you go past this to the second warning? And if your at the second warning abd it's vibrating like crazy how much time do you have to land. I mean if the battery is totally gone it will fall out of the sky I guess. I mean the instructions said it will land on its own. My point is what if it's 400 feet high and the second alarm happens, yikes!!
I wish I could fly with somebody so I know what I can and can't do. My husband knows less then me and thinks I'm the expert.
I'm sorry for all these questions, I understand if you don't want to answer them.

You will want to charge your batteries on LiPo Balance, this is the best setting for your batteries.
I'm guessing you have it set to 5.4 because you think the battery label is correct at 5400mAh but its not. All yuneec batteries where and still are 6300mAh batteries. Its a well known fact and has been discussed many times.
So it will be safe to charge at either 5.4 or 6.3 amps. 6.3 amps being the faster charge time.
On your first battery warning it states to take the Q down to a certain elevation, off the top of my head I can't remember but its something like 160 feet. When you get your second battery warning about 4-5 minutes after the first you will have about 2 minutes to land. If you don't it will land for you.

Oh thanks again KB. You told me some things that I remember reading months ago about the time factors involved with landing procedures. I will make a mental note to exercise decent to the 100/140 foot range and remember that within 4/5 minutes later I will hear and feel 2nd warning and to immediately land. I realize if you don't do that the drone will land itself to the closest point of earth. So if you were over houses it very well might crash into someone's house or land in a swimming pool.

As far as the charging you confirmed that I could charge at either charge rate setting and the other gentleman who chooses to continue with the 5.4 setting is merely a personal choice. So really the only benefit is the fact that in will charge a little faster. Also that at 6.3 setting it will not give any more flying time vs the 5.4 so with that being said I can understand the idea behind just staying with the 5.4 also.

Oboy! So with all this new information about the batteries being 6300 and not 5400 you are saying you still leave things at 5400?. Is that only because you feel you want to play it safe?. When I charged the other day I did that quick charge thing and it was set at 5.4 and 11.1 which is what it says on battery. So when I hook up the two batteries then I just want to make sure that on channel A and B that they say the same which is the 5.4 and 11.1
The confusion I have is this darn mistake and that its 6300mAh and that the charge rate can be 6.3 and the volt setting at 10.6. If this is the true mah on the battery why do you leave it at the 5400. I think another person wrote in response to a question I had which was its sound like the 6.3 is a better thing and the answer to that was it would make no difference in the amount of flight time and that it would be less time charging. That answer did not make sense!!! If it's 6.3 and not 5.4 how does not mean less time charging

i know that the battery is a 6300 MAh it's been proven many times but like i said i charge my batteries to what is printed on the label 5400 MAh and 5.4 amps 1C . it really not that importation to me to charge the battery a extra 900 MAh's . a lot of people charge at 6300 no biggie that's ok a few extra MAh's .
yes on each channel has to be set to what ever the battery you are charging MAh.
you should get more air time how much , let us know if you try it .

I watched that neat video that Frank did at Carolina Dronz. He compared three different batteries where he put one of each battery in a Q 500 and flew all three of them at the same time to see which one would and First and one of the batteries he used was the venom 7000 mA batteries and that's the one that this particular test was the winner. I believe it was like 25 or 27 minutes so it got like an extra four minutes longer then the unique batteries it was pretty cool. Granted all 3 drones were in a hover but that don't matter because all 3 were the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval