Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Chasing my tail over N-number

do not know but I just had to cough of 5 bucks each for my to H's to re-register them commercially :( grrrr
One number is assigned to the operator. The same number is for any and all aircraft that you operate. Drones, fixed wing, helis, etc. You must have the wrong form. I did it online and was finished in a few minutes.

Capture.JPG
One number is assigned to the operator. The same number is for any and all aircraft that you operate. Drones, fixed wing, helis, etc. You must have the wrong form. I did it online and was finished in a few minutes.

Well I went back into to check on registration and when I logged in I got these choices, so since I will now use it commercially I chose Non Model - commercial use -- It will make your register each one --

Your partially correct my friend! hobby one number for all, correct! Commercial one number for each of your Drones! Check FAA small uas registration, there is a choice for hobby and one for comnercial☺

Is my registration # (issued by FAA) the same as an N-number? here is a link to a form, but in order to submit it you need an N-number?:mad: http://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Form/AC_8050-1_5-2017.pdf

The topic of 'drone registration' hasnt had the straightest answer from the FAA... when you do a web search you can get several different 'authoritative' answers. So this summer I asked the FAA rep for my state for just that - a straight answer - he sent me a link to sUAS Registration

In a nutshell - if you meet the criteria here, and have passed your 107 exam, then this registration is all that is required. I have a complete inventory of my large fleet, each registered for 3 years for a fee of $5/aircraft. The website keeps track of your company's inventory, and assignment date, and Registration Number assigned.

This is NOT the classic FAA 'N-number' or tail number. While I have a block of those reserved for my aircraft, the new registration site supercedes the N-numbers (finally the FAA realized that they would run out of 5 digit numbers really really fast if they persisted in requiring them from drone operators).

The registration site does ask some key questions, and under some conditions you WOULD need an N-number, but its unusual.

Hope this helps.

DocV

Reactions: PatR
UAS Registration.jpg UAS Registration_2.jpg Copied and pasted from Part 107-2 signed. Those that have passed 107 testing should know this stuff, or at least where to find the info.

Aircraft Registration. A small UA must be registered, as provided for in 14 CFR part 47 or part 48 prior to operating under part 107. Part 48 is the regulation that establishes the streamlined online registration option for sUAS that will be operated only within the territorial limits of the United States. The online registration Web address is http://www.faa.gov/uas/registration/. Guidance regarding sUAS registration and marking may be found at Aircraft Certification aircraft_registry/. Alternatively, sUAS can elect to register under part 47 in the same manner as manned aircraft.

5.4.1 Registration of Foreign-Owned and Operated sUAS. If sUAS operations involve the use of foreign civil aircraft, the operator would need to obtain a Foreign Aircraft Permit pursuant to 14 CFR part 375, § 375.41 before conducting any commercial air operations under this authority. Foreign civil aircraft means, a) an aircraft of foreign registry that is not part of the armed forces of a foreign nation, or b) a U.S.-registered aircraft owned, controlled, or operated by persons who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States. Application instructions are specified in § 375.43. Applications should be submitted by electronic mail to the Department of Transportation (DOT) Office of International Aviation, Foreign Air Carrier Licensing Division. Additional information can be obtained at Foreign Air Carrier Economic Licensing.
View attachment 3618View attachment 3619

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yeezygaphoodie