Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CHOPPY VIDEO ON PLAYBACK

Reaction score
Hello I find that when i playback videos off the sd card. on either my 4k smart tv or on a macbook. the videos are very choppy. they'll play smooth for a second and then just lag. any help would be much appreciated.

If you see jerky video playback it is simply the equipment you are using for playback and in particular 4K. It takes a high end graphics card to handle the job. The only way I have found to play 4K on my 4K TV is to upload it to Youtube and then play it back. That works pretty well and the videos look fantastic.
On your pc you might try Downloads · MPC-HC or you could also try VLC player. Both allow me to play 4K on my substandard pc.

I would think a slow SD card could do it as well. If it can't handle the throughput the 4k camera sends, I would think glitches would happen. Am I wrong?

I would think a slow SD card could do it as well. If it can't handle the throughput the 4k camera sends, I would think glitches would happen. Am I wrong?
As long as the card says U3 it should work. On the occasions I used a slower speed card I got a warning that no card was installed.
Your suggestion certainly has merit, but I have never seen or heard of that happening. In every case it has simply been the hardware causing the skipping.

Today i shot it in 1080p at 120 fps Vlc player shows it choppy i also tried it on a ps3 no luck same with macbook. I did upload it to YouTube and it's fine. Does anyone watch it straight from a SD card on their TV or MacBook or PC?

Last edited:
Today i shot it in 1080p at 120 fps Vlc player shows it choppy i also tried it on a ps3 no luck same with macbook. I did upload it to YouTube and it's fine. Does anyone watch it straight from a SD card on their TV or MacBook or PC?
That card should work just fine. However, before you play it you need to copy it to your computer. Also, the 1080p at 120fps is difficult to play as well. That frame rate is really intended to be used when you will be using slow motion in your editing program. You should be able to play 1080p 50fps or 24fps with no problem on most computers. Did you try the MPC-HC player?

Was having similar issues. From my research, SD cards are not designed for playback. Transfer files to an SSHD for best results for playback and editing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33