Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

climbing and descending

Reaction score
The "tortoise and hare" slider on the right has to be in full "hare" position to make the H climb and descend. Moving the slider to the "tortoise" position at the bottom stops the H in mid air. Forward and backwards work correctly as far as speed goes but not up and down. On the simple setting check on the ST 16 it shows the slider going up and down correctly. Any ideas?

It will descend in tortoise, but very, very slowly. The speed control is intended to limit aircraft response to control input. Users need only to remember to change the slider position to one with faster response should such be desired. Essentially, learn how your system works and adjust the slider for what is desired accordingly.

The "tortoise and hare" slider on the right has to be in full "hare" position to make the H climb and descend. Moving the slider to the "tortoise" position at the bottom stops the H in mid air. Forward and backwards work correctly as far as speed goes but not up and down. On the simple setting check on the ST 16 it shows the slider going up and down correctly. Any ideas?

Hare?:rolleyes: Rabbit you mean...:D

Clarify a bit. Are you saying it will not climb or descend even slowly in Turtle (not Tortoise):(.

IF that is the case, call Yuneec cause something is wrong. Has it been working OK and just started this? I know you've been a member (good member) quite a while.

Cheers...:):)

Reactions: gwhuntoon

Clarify a bit. Are you saying it will not climb or descend even slowly in Turtle (not Tortoise):(.

IF that is the case, call Yuneec cause something is wrong. Has it been working OK and just started this? I know you've been a member (good member) quite a while.

Hare, hare, hare...

Reactions: Rayray

Sorry about the British nomenclature. Concerning the Turtle and rabbit (sic) slider. It used to work in the correct manner put the slider up to the top and the H would climb quickly and would also come down at a good speed although not quite as fast as climbing. Push the switch right down to the bottom and the H would climb and descend much slower . Now if I put the slider in the down position when the H is in the air it will not climb or descend. When I put the slider to the top it acts as if it was in super turtle mode i.e. it climbs slowly and descends even slower. I have to make sure there is plenty of time to return the H as it takes a long time to come down. When going forward or backwards and side to side the slider works as it should. Slider right up H goes very quickly Slider right down the H goes slower. I have emailed Yuneec for their advice.

My H acts the same way, rabbit is much slower or less responsive than original firmware was and on turtle it has very little elevation or descent control, if any at all.

There is a very clever chap in Ireland and this is what he recommended. Basically set everything back to factory defaults. Go into Flight Mode on the pad and clear the cache and clear the settings to default. The re bind the model and rebind the camera. There are videos to show this on You tube. Once I did all that and everything was rebinded , it took a couple of rebinds, before it finally took. After that the H climbed exactly as it should and descended as it should. Important to recalibrate i.e compass accelerometer and gimbal before flying for real.

I've had this same issue eith my H, decend is erratic as ****, in either position the slider is in. Tony suggested I call yuneec. 45 min wait time & a recording. 1st day I left a message as it was lunch time with no call back. 2nd day 65 min wait, so I hung up. WTF has happened to my yuneec customer service, like a restaurant when they first open, then go back 6 months later?
Everything else is on point, I might rebind, might not kind of feel like the control tower is taking a nap

After consultation with Yuneec UK I am taking the H back for inspection. This is not a problem they have come across. Certainly if the H stops descending if you move the "rabbit" slider down towards "turtle"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annamiller