Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. Brent

Does this image look out of focus? CGO3+, .dng, white balance locked gorgeous, .jpg processed in Photoshop. The fence and Arborvitae on the left side of the image are about 35 feet away. Trying to decide if I should send the camera back to Yuneec, try to focus the stock lens, or get a new lens. I don't like the idea of not having the camera for three weeks.

Attached Files:

2. DerStig

No that image is not sharp. look at the trees in the distance. If you have a GoPro shoot a photo from the same spot and compare, or don't if you don't want to be upset

Brent likes this.
  3. JulesTEO

I believe the best way to find out where your focus is is to set your H on a flat area (perhaps a road nearby) and take a couple of pictures or video (I would recommend video and some camera movement to make it more evident).

You will very clearly see where the focused area is (in my case it was a couple of inches away from the camera).

Anything in the foreground and in the background of that sharp area is out of focus.

4. Brent

Yeah I did. The GoPro was sharper at the fence line. The trees in the distant background were about the same. Like I said, the fence line is about 35 feet away. I would expect that to be sharper at that distance.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

5. BillyTexas

The chairs look pretty good but the fence and trees in background are out of focus

Bill W.

6. Brent

Agree Billy. In all my pictures the items between 1-5 feet are sharp, the items in the distance not sharp. I am pretty sure it needs tweaked.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

7. BillyTexas

I have a gopro 3+. I need to try the same thing.

Bill W.