Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Compass Calibration Peculiarities

Reaction score
Has any 4K Pilot been able to fly his or her drone without the compass calibration routine? And had at least 12 to 18 sat.locks between the transmitter and the drone as well as 9 to 12 sats.between the transmitter and the camera?

I pose this question because in my first two flights I have attempted numerous times to replicate the compass calibration sequence according to the manual and the numerous You Tube videos with no results.

Then, I look at the ST10+ screen and the drone and the message says "Welcome Pilot", and there are all the GPS sats.

I take off from my launch platform, get the drone up about 10 meters, release the sticks for a 30 to 45 second hover, look down at the screen, see the sat.locks, and fly.

It almost seems as if the drone defaults to a compass calibration without any of the requisite calibration maneuver.

I am also curious if using the GUI software allows the pilot to accomplish compass calibration indoors.

I would like to hear from other pilots about these peculiarities.

Thanks,
Jim
New 4K Pilot

If your flying, the drone is not in any kind of calibration mode.
How exactly are you trying to get to compass calibration mode ? It should be very easy to get into that mode.
Compass calibration should be done outdoors and well away from any electromagnetic sources that might influence the calibration.
The GUI is used for calibrating the Accelerometer and the Camera Gimble. There may be something there to trigger the compass calibration too but I don't recall.
Try reloading the firmware in the Q.
Let us know how you make out.
Good luck,
Jafo

How do you calibrate the Gimbal? I have had it hooked up to the GUI a few times and I must be overlooking the gimbal calibration or something. My camera has a ever so slight tilt and could use calibration.

How exactly are you trying to get to compass calibration mode ? It should be very easy to get into that mode.
Compass calibration should be done outdoors and well away from any electromagnetic sources that might influence the calibration.
The GUI is used for calibrating the Accelerometer and the Camera Gimble. There may be something there to trigger the compass calibration too but I don't recall.
Good luck,
Jafo
I

Good luck,
Jafo

No.1 I do not intend to load firmware into this drone! Doing so will only create unwanted problems.

No.2 Playing "spin the drone " does not work. I have made numerous attempts to follow the YouTube videos that illustrate the compass calibration. None of the attempts have worked.

No.3 I get satellite links to the transmitter after the transmitter and drone link up.

No. 4 Why I am repeating what I posted earlier? Does no one follow what I have said? Are the forum readers not following what I have said? Are these people just not paying attention to what I have said?

No. 5 Guess wh
Good luck,
Jafo

No.1 I do not intend to load firmware into this drone! Doing so will only create unwanted problems.

No.2 Playing "spin the drone " does not work. I have made numerous attempts to follow the YouTube videos that illustrate the compass calibration. None of the attempts have worked.

No.3 I get satellite links to the transmitter after the transmitter and drone link up.

No. 4 Why I am repeating what I posted earlier? Does no one follow what I have said? Are the forum readers not following what I have said? Are these people just not paying attention to what I have said?

No. 5 Guess what? To all these Yuneec pilots with their whiny complaints about
crashing, losing props, hitting trees, or other insignificant problems. Keep them to yourselves.Just fly the **** drones and and be done. No more having to read these puke stories.
I

I did read it and was not clear to me. Maybe I am a little slow. Good Luck getting the help you need.

Remember that the members of this forum do not work for Yuneec. We are in the same boat as you. No need to lash out at us.

Reactions: Jafo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss