Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Compass calibration warning in q500log2kml

Reaction score
Hey Pilots, I have some concern regarding the compass calibration. I just read through my flightlog. I have several flights last weekend, both day flying at two different park (they are in the same area which 3.5km apart). I recall I did a compass calibration after flight 0002. As you can see 0004 and 0005 are going well. So 0006 is the first flight next day in the new park, as you can see there are few seconds occur "code32". Is this normal? My question is do I need to recalibrate my H everytime even I have flight close by (I think 3.5km is not a long distance...). Because there are no any error/warning message comes up from ST16, I just afraid my H will lose in the air....

bandicam_2017_01_24_22_52_21_100.png

bandicam_2017_01_24_22_52_49_540.png

bandicam_2017_01_24_22_55_00_491.png

bandicam_2017_01_24_22_55_06_518.png

Many thanks!

I will go out on a limb here and say by the duration they were caused by activation the landing gear and from what I've seen in my own telemetry files, they are normal. Do you recall if you possibly switched your landing gear at that moment?

It seems the latest version of the firmware is a little bit more sensitive to compass calibration warnings, but this does not appear to affect normal flight.

Brief warnings in the telemetry are not reported to the user - you don't get an alert unless the ST-16 detects a compass calibration warning for more than a certain amount of time. So you may see short errors in the telemetry even though you didn't get a message whilst you were flying.

On the whole I'd say this is 'normal', though I can't be certain. I'm working on something that will help us diagnose some of these problems more accurately.

Reactions: Guest22
I'd say a few are just warnings, but when does someone factor an excessive number of warnings (potential failing equipment)???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss