Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

compass calibration

If you watch the video, you can see the orientation change and it's CCW. Do not calibrate indoors. Do not do it faster as that actually can cause problems. The slower you roll it, the better it captures data to store into compass. While not stated anywhere, facing north helps immensely. Do not move your body left or right when you pick up the drone. Hold it as level as possible at all times especially while rotating. If you fumble a bit, finish the procedure and let it restart. Then try again. I do not have my camera attached or have props mounted. When it's correct, you will notice your GPS lock speed increase dramatically. A sloppy calibration will "take" but the system will work overtime to error correct for data gaps and that equals unstable flight, drifting, and even the dreaded fly away. I have never had a calibration fail which in itself is suspect as it should actually be harder to do than it is and be unforgiving if it missed any proper data input. I think it has a buffer that internal error correction fills the gap on to allow for non north oriented calibration start that goes "south" in flight when it gets too many or too big of an error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I agree, I hide my phone, use a compass, point it to the north, flip and turn, no problem

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace