Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Compass Warning! Whats going on?

I tried in the grass a good 20 feet away from the sidewalk. Pointed the H to the East like I use to always do, Got the yellow tail light and compass warning. Powered down the H, turned it to the North, same spot, powered back up and had a great flight.
Behavior make no sense at all.

I tried in the grass a good 20 feet away from the sidewalk. Pointed the H to the East like I use to always do, Got the yellow tail light and compass warning. Powered down the H, turned it to the North, same spot, powered back up and had a great flight.
Behavior make no sense at all.
Thanks Bob. It's just one more step in narrowing down the issue. This one seems important.

OK so I had a couple of flights this evening.
Did compass calibration facing NORTH.
Started the ST16 and H about 15 feet away from each other.
Pointed the H facing NORTH.

Got the compass warning just one time during the entire flight instead of multiple times and that was when it was 1200 feet away.

Something is set to sensitive with compass warning, hopefully they will tweak it in the next firmware release.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I agree that they must have changed the set point for the compass warning. It seems a bit too sensitive. I flew three more times today without warnings. The only thing I have done differently is to keep the transmitter farther away from the H.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Great trial and error testing going on by very industrious pilots!!! Please notify Yuneec of your findings.

Same here, only mine started occurring before I updated the firmware... Out of frustration I made this video. I'm about to call my losses with Yuneec. See if what is in my video is what is happening to everyone else's H

I'm confused. Your Typhoon in the video was not representative of a drone with the problems the indicator lights are showing. It appeared to maintain stable height and positioning. Besides the messed up indicator light and annoying compass message, how does it fly?

I never got mine in the air. Would start the motors, do my usual quick visual check, by the time I would step back to take off, she would start flashing yellow, followed by the ST-16 warning about compass failure.

I'm confused. Your Typhoon in the video was not representative of a drone with the problems the indicator lights are showing. It appeared to maintain stable height and positioning. Besides the messed up indicator light and annoying compass message, how does it fly?
I've been in contact with several experienced pilots during the course of the past couple of hours. They have suffered catastrophic failures after the update. It appears to only affect some aircraft but loss of control is a huge problem.

After I thought I was making headway my compass warning is back with a vengeance today even trying all the different tricks above.

It's hard to just ignore the warning when it takes over the screen.

I hope Yuneec is on top of this problem.

I've been in contact with several experienced pilots during the course of the past couple of hours. They have suffered catastrophic failures after the update. It appears to only affect some aircraft but loss of control is a huge problem.
Catastrophic? As in loss of life?

If I was a betting man, I would say he is using a "figure of speech".

Catastrophic is relative to how badly the H was damaged and whose money went up in smoke from the wreck, plus loss of use while awaiting repairs. I am also one who tends to overreact when problems occur sometime!

They have suffered catastrophic failures after the update. It appears to only affect some aircraft but loss of control is a huge problem.

Joined just to chime in -- Brand new Typhoon H Pro (Latest firmware), on it's 4th fight (2nd of the day) it took off and immediately lost control. Set to home mode, kept going in the same direction but it managed to land itself in a treeline about 1,350 feet from "home". Previous flight was perfect, according to the telemetry it was compass failure. Sent all the telemetry in last week, waiting on a response from Yuneec as the gimbal is completely ripped apart and one arm is broken.

Joined just to chime in -- Brand new Typhoon H Pro (Latest firmware), on it's 4th fight (2nd of the day) it took off and immediately lost control. Set to home mode, kept going in the same direction but it managed to land itself in a treeline about 1,350 feet from "home". Previous flight was perfect, according to the telemetry it was compass failure. Sent all the telemetry in last week, waiting on a response from Yuneec as the gimbal is completely ripped apart and one arm is broken.
Sorry to hear that Pevo. Your description is very similar to some of the others. Did you see any warnings on the ST16?

Sorry to hear that Pevo. Your description is very similar to some of the others. Did you see any warnings on the ST16?

I don't believe so. The moment I noticed it flying away from me with no stick input other than altitude I hit the collision avoidance and switched the mode to home. Looking athe ST16 it was just complaining that the collision didn't enable then loss of video and telemetry. According to Exmaps, it was a compass problem. Telemetry_00014.csv Flight starts at 5:29:40 (Timecode at the top of the map), not sure what is with the data before that.

I don't believe so. The moment I noticed it flying away from me with no stick input other than altitude I hit the collision avoidance and switched the mode to home. Looking athe ST16 it was just complaining that the collision didn't enable then loss of video and telemetry. According to Exmaps, it was a compass problem. Telemetry_00014.csv Flight starts at 5:29:40 (Timecode at the top of the map), not sure what is with the data before that.
I have trouble with Exmaps but I did get it to load. Are you referring to the Yaw movements as the compass problem?

I have trouble with Exmaps but I did get it to load. Are you referring to the Yaw movements as the compass problem?

Lower right of the map, if you click the orange exclamation point it will show the errors reported as it flies. ECode 32 apparently = Compass Calibration Warning. I'm assuming Exmaps is interpenetrating the error code correctly... The GPS coordinates are correct, where it shows the last location is about 45 feet from where it actually was.

Lower right of the map, if you click the orange exclamation point it will show the errors reported as it flies. ECode 32 apparently = Compass Calibration Warning. I'm assuming Exmaps is interpenetrating the error code correctly... The GPS coordinates are correct, where it shows the last location is about 45 feet from where it actually was.
Okay, found it. Had to use Firefox to open Exmaps. I see what you mean. When I switched the map to 2D it show a lot of ! marks in the flight path but not info what they mean. I presume you would see the compass errors if you looked at the telemetry data.

As determined by you or Yuneec? If determined by you, what specific file did you look at to make this determination? Just wondering.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin