Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

convince me.....

Reaction score
I've been reading a lot about the typhoon H and it sounds like it has the same problems as all the others in it's price range. So convince me that this is the one ...... PLEASE......

No :) Convince yourself then it's only you who is to blame if you don't like it. It's too bad there's no way to demo these systems and decide from that. Is this your first drone purchase?

Reactions: seansting70
I have a phantom 3 and a ghost 2.0. I want the typhoon but it seems that they all have their problems. ......

No :) Convince yourself then it's only you who is to blame if you don't like it. It's too bad there's no way to demo these systems and decide from that. Is this your first drone purchase?
have a phantom 3 and a ghost 2.0. I want the typhoon but it seems that they all have their problems. ....

I have friends that have 500, 650 and 750 class helicopters that have been flying for years and they all have their 'problems'. Quad/hexa copters are no different and in many cases the 'problems' show up even more glaringly. So yes, they all have their 'problems'. I dont think you are going to find any hobby RC vehicle, be it car, boat, plane...whatever that doesnt have its 'problems'.

I bought the Yuneec H because I have a Q500 4K and when I had an issue caused by pilot error, Yuneecs service was there to help. I've heard horror stories about DJI.
I decided to upgrade my camera platform with the H because of the obstacle avoidance, redundancy of 6 motors in case of a failure and the fact that I live in area of the US (North East Coast, on the coast) that is windy almost all the time and the H takes on conditions that my Q500 wouldnt even look comfortable flying in.

Chris you decide , it can be the best or the worst decision you have ever made.

Reactions: QuadBart
have a phantom 3 and a ghost 2.0. I want the typhoon but it seems that they all have their problems. ....
You've really got it bad you're repeating yourself already that's a bad sign haha. Hard to really tell how many are actually having problems but one thing stands out and that's Yuneec is standing behind their product and taking care of customers. I've had no issues with mine. Yesterday I filmed over the ocean with my P3pro even though I had my H with me because at the moment I'm more comfortable with P3 because I've flown it for way longer and had it 3/4 of a mile out over the ocean several times. Now that I have 5 batteries I'm getting more confidence as I fly the H more often. A more robust interface and easier camera control regarding exposure/iso adjustments on they fly would be great since I mostly fly FPV. I love the H.

I've been reading a lot about the typhoon H and it sounds like it has the same problems as all the others in it's price range. So convince me that this is the one ...... PLEASE......

I think it's your wife you need to convince!
Lots of sweet talk helps. ;):)

I have friends that have 500, 650 and 750 class helicopters that have been flying for years and they all have their 'problems'. Quad/hexa copters are no different and in many cases the 'problems' show up even more glaringly. So yes, they all have their 'problems'. I dont think you are going to find any hobby RC vehicle, be it car, boat, plane...whatever that doesnt have its 'problems'.

I bought the Yuneec H because I have a Q500 4K and when I had an issue caused by pilot error, Yuneecs service was there to help. I've heard horror stories about DJI.
I decided to upgrade my camera platform with the H because of the obstacle avoidance, redundancy of 6 motors in case of a failure and the fact that I live in area of the US (North East Coast, on the coast) that is windy almost all the time and the H takes on conditions that my Q500 wouldnt even look comfortable flying in.
I live in the windy city

I live in the windy city....... I take my ghost out on Lake Michigan and use the follow mode...... I like the "point of interest " feature on the typhoon

Sounds like a future TH owner. Give you another week my friend.

Reactions: chris Mittelbrun
This video was taken at the site where we fly copters and quads. The wind was about 15 - 20 mph with some higher gusting. I wouldnt have even put the Q500 up in those conditions.

This video is the one that sold me big time.

Bought one Friday. Lots to learn. Taking my time. Learning a new feature on each flight. On my third battery charge with a bunch of flights short flights. Land take off land etc etc. . Got it set at turtle speed. First two flights were 1) waist to eye level in back yard. (camera removed) 2) Up to 250 feet with no camera. This flies beautiful. P4 looks great too but this looks cooler and our local hobby shop owner did not have nice things to say about DJI service. I am really enjoying this thing. Putting camera on tonight.

One word of warning. . If you fly at head to waist level, Pay attention to the DRONE. I got busy playing with the ST16 and it started getting louder because it was DRIFTING TOWARD MY HEAD. I

The only thing holding me back is deciding weather to go with the standard or the intel
The real sense module (which by the way is another great aspect of this bird) is modular and can be added later. As well as there are other gimbals being designed for other purposes, all of which can be interchanged with the existing gimbal. The Phantoms, as far as I know, only come with the one gimbal and its single purpose.

Yea I own a P3 and now a Typhoon H. I can say without a doubt the Typhoon h handles the wind better. alot of that has to do with the weight. The H heavier then the P3. So heavier things are more stable. Only thing is the H dont have the fancy google map flying guide. I love using that map when flying long range. They may get it, just dont know when.

Last edited:
Bought one Friday. Lots to learn. Taking my time. Learning a new feature on each flight. On my third battery charge with a bunch of flights short flights. Land take off land etc etc. . Got it set at turtle speed. First two flights were 1) waist to eye level in back yard. (camera removed) 2) Up to 250 feet with no camera. This flies beautiful. P4 looks great too but this looks cooler and our local hobby shop owner did not have nice things to say about DJI service. I am really enjoying this thing. Putting camera on tonight.

One word of warning. . If you fly at head to waist level, Pay attention to the DRONE. I got busy playing with the ST16 and it started getting louder because it was DRIFTING TOWARD MY HEAD. I
I downloaded the manual a week ago..... wanted to get familiar with the typhoon before I buy it..... so far I like everything I've read...... oh.... and I'll remember what you said !!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis