Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Created a Thread to Introduce Yourself!

Tim from Yuneec in Ontario, CA. If you have any questions or concerns send me a message here or email me.
Newbie here from Madtown, WI (Go Badgers)! Why is US website down? Trying to get firmware update for H Pro. Gracias.

So we can get to know you a bit better!
HELLO
Hello everyone Most people call me crusin...but my name is Jodi I have been interested in Rc Hobbies my whole life, live here in Denver Colorado. I have 2 drones now. one is a Traxxas Aton then recently purchased the Q500 4k Typhoon. They are both fun to fly but very different animals. Still working on my video skills on the Q 500 not sure what to set the camera settings, it seems to be in slow motion with erratic speed bursts any imput would be appreciated. thanks Crusin...

Tim from Yuneec in Ontario, CA. If you have any questions or concerns send me a message here or email me.
Hi Tim, maybe you can help me out, I'm looking for a good duel charger for my 4k,any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thx taffy5565.

So we can get to know you a bit better!
Hello Everyone, new pilot from Chandler Arizona.
Flying a Typhoon H Pro, in search of The Lost Dutchman's Gold, not really however exploring mountains and canyons really appeals to me.
My wife and I chose the Typhoon H Pro so my wife and I could have fun together in team mode using the Wizard.
I wouldn't mind getting together with other area drone pilots to learn the ropes of Typhoon H.
Thanks and have a great day!

Hi,
I just found and joined this forum. I purchased a Q500 when they first came out a few years ago and it's been flying great. When Yuneec came out with the CG02+ camera I sent my CG02 in for the upgrade to the +. Now I am going to upgrade to the Typhoon H Pro. I will use this forum to do my research before I purchase. Thanks and Hello again.

hello all my name is al coffey i live in sunny florida i bought a typhoon h with real sense about 3 weeks ago
and this is my first drone i have been flying rc planes for three years now and i really like the hobby
and i really like the typhoon h it flies so good i am new to all this tech so please be kind thank you

Hello fellow pilots! Name is Wolfy and I got my first "real drone" the Q500 4k Typhoon a month ago. Its been a dream come true! Im grateful for finding and being part of this forum. Ive been reading off and on over the last couple of weeks. It can be a lot to digest.

Hello from Anacortes WA.

I have built and flown RC airplanes since before there was dependable RC...circa 1960 and we flew on reed radios. Very challenging to say the least. A friend introduced me to Drones when his 14 year old kid, flew it from my boat moving at 15kts. I was dumbfounded, it was as if I had been transported into the future. Long story, short I bought a Typhoon H. Now I am trying to wrap my head around this thing and figure out what I really need to know and understand. Great fun, just wish there was a better "book" of instructions to refer to. Been told a dozen times "Don't worry about it, it's so easy to fly", but there seems to be a good deal to learn.
Cheers,
Bish Wheeler

Reactions: JizzyGillespie
Hello fellow Yuneec owners. Tom from Kentucky here. I have plenty of RC airplane experience but this in my first foray into drone flying. I purchased the Typhoon H with Intel RealSense about a month ago. I have 5 flights on it and love it so far. Looking forward to perusing this forum. I have found a couple of very helpful posts so far.

Hello all. My name is Len and I'm from Pennsylvania. My father gave me a Typhoon H for Christmas so I'm trying to read as much as possible to learn about this awesome looking bird. I look forward to learning from all of you veterans.

My name is Chad from South Florida. Just got into the drone world. Bought a q500 4k. Charged everything, took it right out and had a blast flying it! Can't wait to get more and more practice

Hello from the Seattle area of Washington state. Just purchased the high end "H" and it should be here on the 4th or 5th. I creeped the forums prior to buying one for information and was pleased at how much information I was able to glean from here.
Will B. ~

Greetings from Middle Tennessee. Was pleased to learn that my first larger drone purchase, (as opposed to AirHogs, etc) a Blade QX 350, was also a Yuneec aircraft. It flew very well, until a tragic case of pilot error resulted in severe damage to the airframe. I decided to practice more on less capable and costly UAV's until I gained more experience in what NOT to do, which turned out to be a wise choice. A hi-alt flyaway with an off-brand hexacopter wised me up to something I had not considered fully. A Typhoon H represents (for me) a fairly sizable chunk of change, but I am now the proud owner of said drone. Even though I was fairly itching to fly the beast, I resolved not to take to the air until I had obtained some sort of tracking solution, in the event I was unfortunate enough to experience another uncommanded cross-country excursion to parts unknown. To that end, I purchased a Marco Polo tracking unit; I discovered to my pleasant surprise that the transmitter unit is light enough to fly on all but the very smallest of drones. (I daresay an Inductrix would be able to lift it.) However, in the wait for more favorable weather, I may wear out the case on the Typhoon; the thing is just so **** beautiful, in the way that an A-10 attack aircraft is; that is, completely functional. My only worry is that some idiot will find it intimidating and try to blow it out of the sky or simply decide to use it as a skeet target. Eventually, I plan to use it as a business tool, so I am studying to pass the appropriate FAA exams. I registered my drones with the FAA back when they were doing the rebate for the registration fee.

I also discovered by accident that drones can be useful in storm spotting work; they allow a less obstructed view of the horizon in areas where there are many trees/foliage at ground level. (Example below. First five seconds is all you need to see.)
http://tinyurl.com/govhmg9

The Typhoon H appears to be more suited to this use than many others, due to its reported resistance to wind.

I hope to learn much while I am here.

Last edited:
Hello All,

Newbie here. Krampus was kind enough to gift me a Typhoon this past Christmas That being said the manual that is downloadable from Yuneec sucks butthole. Thank Christ I have been training on a disposable quad copter for a year to ease my transition into the H:) I'm impressed with the H so far. I just wish Yuneec spend a couple of pennies more on the manual and someone should develop a flight training lesson plan!

Hello there,

Marian here, just got a Typhoon H with the Intel RealSense and I love it! :)

Hi, Great to find this forum for Yuneec pilots. I am working on getting my UAV certification to enable me to shoot commercial video. Just purchased the Yuneec Typhoon H Pro with InteliSense. Wow, first flight was incredible. Very responsive craft. Learned a few things though. Don't get too close as the manual says when in smart mode and landing yourself. I can see why they recommend to learn asap to fly in angle mode. If you walk to close while landing it will run from you. Luckily enough I was aware and able to save it from turning over while landing. Love the cable curve and point of interest capabilities. It's a beautiful thing. Looking forward to visiting this forum often and getting some tips from more experienced pilots and pass on any info I can give.

Hi every body ! I am french and live near Paris, I just bought the Typhoon H, and plan to work the photo and the video to this drone. I am an independent graphic designer, this drone will be a working tool when I have passed the flight certificate, to the DGAC (french civil aviation)! Meanwhile, I'm going to train alone with the Typhoon H, in the country !
See you soon on the forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430