Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cruise Control Question...

Sorry, what is "Cruise control", how do you activate it?

Hi Dave,
Cruise control is a feature that came in after the Nov. update. Using the two D-pad on the bottom left and right next to the screen of the st16 you can respectively change the camera settings ( left) or move the typhoon at a constant speed/direction (right) of your choice without having to constantly hold the control input at angle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave Stingray
Thanks for the explanations. Im new to drones & the YTH/ST16 so didn't recognise it as a new feature - it sounds just like a trim function I was expecting from the RH pad and familiar with from my RC helicopter days.

Tried this function today in angle mode. As Tony said, it needed a significant yaw before a direction change was noticeable and any application of cyclic zeroed the trim/cruise.

Edited to add the d-pad is very sensitive - whilst cancelling out forward trim, I inadvertently dialled up full left hand trim.

I think I'd prefer to use a linear cable cam where possible but that means pre-flying the route or uploading it beforehand, and you're then stuck with a preset altitude but at least you know where your drone is without looking; it's easy to reverse or pause and it'll stop at either end - I'd hate to cruise into an obstacle whilst watching the screen filming a backwards shot!

Like many functions, good to know how they work in case you trigger them accidentally!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss