Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Current State Drone Regulation Activity

VERY scary and disturbing trend. This article should be seen by everyone who wants to be a part of the ongoing drone "movement" nationwide and be motivated by it to react. Politicians - especially those on a local level - will ALWAYS listen to the voters first simply because they need those precious votes come election time. On a local level, every vote counts and is wooed much differently than national level votes and voters are.

Let's not forget that "WE, The People," MAKE our government, and therefore drone pilots should be willing to step up to the plate anyway they can and make their voices heard. Letters to editors promoting OUR agenda should be going out to publications and websites worldwide, easily done with today's technology and communication abilities. Contact your local senators and representatives - jokers who actually affect our lives more on a daily, intimate level than do our national leaders.- and tell those buttheads what WE want to see passed, too. Lobbyists are LOUD but FEW. There voices CAN BE droned out by private citizen voices united in purpose and shouted out together.

Time to put our controllers down long enough to actually get involved in this issue and write and send those comments to our leaders and and call them on the phone or demand an audience with them to let them know how we drone pilots feel about having yet even more laws passed to limit our access to the skies or abolish them altogether.

Thanks for sharing this, Rayray. My fingers will start working tonight.

Reactions: Cranky Trapper
Rayray and Cranky Trapper: I was mad enough - and it was cold enough outside this morning to keep me inside fuming - that I wrote out what could be a template letter of protest against future drone regulations for drone pilots to have to simply personalize and send out to print publications, websites, social media, and their local politicians. I am not a Thomas Jefferson, but I felt it necessary to do something to perhaps motivate others to combat the ongoing state-by-state drone regulation trend despite the thrusts intended by the latest FAA regs of 2016, while we still have time to do and say something about it. I have included it here as an uploaded file.

I am also going to open up a new thread solely concerning this matter and offering up the letter I have drafted for others to see, comment on, criticize and even suggest changes to if they wish. Perhaps we can stir up enough interest among Forum members that they will personally take up the fight themselves and actively work to ensure that our rights and agendas as drone pilots are both heard and felt. Since I also belong to the Mavic Pilots Forum, I plan on bringing this issue and letter to their attention over there, too. The more onboard the merrier.

Please feel totally free to make any comments and offer your feedback about this letter. It is written in computer memory, not etched in stone, and I am not married to one single word I have written, so everything is fair game

Am I taking this matter to heart? Darn right I am. I abhor anything that stifles our civil and personal rights or liberties and always oppose government regulation by people who sit in ivory towers and throw down their laws and edicts from on high, far removed from the common man and woman they are supposed to serve. As an American Indian who has fought successfully for years for our indigenous native rights to be honored and upheld by government - especially those rights concerning the respect and protection of our sacred burial grounds, a subject very near and dear to my heart- I am quite knowledgeable about just how civil movements go about securing their demands and am willing to toss in any of my own personal experience and insight into the mix if it wanted, welcomed, and needed.

Thanks again, Rayray, for the article you presented in this overlooked post. Time to make others aware about it.

Okay. A slight glitch. For some reason, the "Upload a File" button would not allow me to upload the Microsoft Word document I created, regardless of how I saved it or tried to do it. Therefore, I have no choice other than to paste it into this post. Sorry for the error. But here it is:

LETTER FOR DRONE PILOTS TO SEND:

March 12, 2017

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

I am an average citizen whose voice must be heard concerning drones and their place in our State. I strongly and vocally oppose any measures to further curtail my rights to fly a drone safely where I live and travel, and am addressing that issue here.

I AM a drone pilot who observes all current FAA regulations every time I fly. As such, I am a safe, responsible pilot whose “Pursuit of Life, Liberty and Happiness” includes having ongoing access and the ability to continue to enjoy this avocation/vocation of mine. The freedom which the skies naturally offer me as part of my allodial rights, granted to me at birth, must not be interfered with or disposed of by mere laws written by the hand of man. This natural right was guaranteed to me by a much Higher Power than that.

Drones and drone pilots have become the targets of one of this Nation’s latest witch-burning trends, something that mindlessly occurs in politics when only certain voices are listened to and the concerns of others are summarily dismissed, and when the facts are only partially revealed and the feelings of the people affected take a backseat to even more proposed regulations designed to satisfy a select few, a very un-American thing to do.

I represent many others who feel the same way - and just as strongly - about this issue as I do. We are currently mobilizing locally and nationally to further our voices and ensure that our will shall be felt in the hallways of our governments, locally, regionally and nationally. In short, WE are the seeds of a grassroots movement ready to become the NRA of drone pilots who share common beliefs and will work hard to present and further our agenda to our government leaders and public entities. We are NOT going to just go away.

The skies above are vast enough to accommodate everyone and their interests, including those held by drone pilots themselves. The current FAA regulations have adequately addressed ALL public concerns that have been expressed related to drone flying; therefore, an additional and cumbersome patchwork quilt of lesser laws haphazardly stitched together across the country is wholly unnecessary, contradictory, unwise, and stifling to the ongoing advancements of “We, The People,” technologically, personally, socially, and even spiritually, too. Do NOT take us down this dead-end road. It did not work with guns, equal rights, or civil liberties, and it will not work here, either.

Moreover, please understand that for every letter you receive from us about this issue, 10 more pilots echo our sentiments and are simply waiting. More than 1,000,000 new drones were sold in the United States just this past holiday season alone. The numbers of us are just now being amassed by us as we organize against new drone regulations, but in the end those numbers – and the numbers of our supporters – shall be staggering and impossible to either ignore or squelch. We’re near, we have no fear, and we’re here, here to stay. Therefore, you must deal with us.

Please feel free to contact me personally about this matter. I can be reached at (123) 456-7890. I urge you to take this letter and its message seriously. As a group, we will pursue every opportunity to openly and legally oppose future drone regulations through every act of civil disobedience available to us, as well as doing whatever it takes for us to be heard and listened to. Thank you for your time and attention on this matter that is of great personal importance to me and WILL influence the switches I flip during the next election season. That is a sincere and unequivocal promise.

Sincerely,

Joe/Jane Drone Pilot

12345 Main Street

Hometown, ST 00000

Not wanting to complicate matters but air space is a federally regulated area.
State vs. Federal who wins? State vs. Federal Law: Who Really Holds the Trump Card? | The Huffington Post

Interesting read and a great synopsis of the current gap that unfortunately exists between We, The People and the bureaucrats within the Washington, D.C. Beltway.

To me, this article only further illustrates the need for drone pilots everywhere to make their voices heard by all levels of government to ensure we are heard and listened to. Maybe I saw Jimmy Stewart too many times as a kid in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, but I firmly believe in the right and the responsibility the little, everyday man and woman have to speak out and be heard. I've seen some amazing things done when people just get interested, invigorated, involved, and in action.

I am giving my support to those organizations that seek to further my viewpoints and views of the world and which will actively attack and attempt to bring down those forces that oppose me. That's the Warriors Way and the American Way, too.

Reactions: ThunderChicken
From one WARRIOR to another, well said my friend.

I have never been a member of "The SHEEPEOPLE."

Last edited:
Reactions: CC Rider

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio