Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Curved Cable Cam close call

Reaction score
So I wasn't to excited about programming this route. The hop over the gate was kinda freaking me out. But the shot would be good. SO when I hit start and forward the minute it went right I tried hitting exit. Then it went left and for the bushes I was running for the gate. As it went over I thought for sure it would be crashed on the other side. But when I busted through the gate it was making the sweep across the yard and finishing like a champ. Let me know if it was worth the heart attack and new undies.

Reactions: Bosse_A
Haha........lucky pilot I'd say. First rule with CCC is to allow lots of room and elevation from obstacles. The route flown is never precise because the altimeter changes during flight and the GPS is not pinpoint accuracy. In addition, it will fly an arc to make smooth turns at way points, hence the name Curved Cable. :)

Reactions: rdonson
Hi Greg V, I would certainly say at least two pairs of undies and new pants, boy were you lucky but very good to watch someone else's H getting close to everything. Now you can have a rest and put the feet up and have a beer while the undies and pants are drying on the outdoor clothesline. Johnno Hennessy ( Australia) .Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Need to set up the same shot, have some helpers open the gate just as you get to it.
Glad you managed it though, I have only used CCC once. I stayed up high, that mode is nice but takes some getting use to.

I am in the process of finishing a video about Curve Cable Cam, I may have it uploaded this weekend. I really like what you can do with it but you do really have to get into a different mindset to set up, start and stop a CCC mission. I have found some interesting aspects about speed that are not mentioned in the manual. To the OP video, wow, I thought the bush at the gate had the typhoon, but then that tree and bush just behind the wall. Glad it turned out Okay.

Reactions: 0verload
CCC requires the H to be in smart mode? did u moving towards the unit make it think it need to scram or act strange due to the geo fence?

Hi All, I must have a different H to you,Texas Typhoon. I have never had the H in SMART MODE because it is not very smart. All of the additional functions will work without being in smart mode so long as the features are activated in the settings on the St 16, I think the option is in the hardware section and that has to have the switch turned on in the transmitter. We use our 3 H's for inspection work on ma5inly roofs and use it a lot of the time for ease of planning in the office before we go to the job. I believe along with Patr and others that smart mode should not be used until you can fly the H to a good standard as it gets alot of people in trouble with the geofence around the controler. The first natural instinct to do when there is a possibility of trouble you go towards the H , if it is in smattering mode it will back away or flip if you are landing. My opinion and observation of various videos of flipping is just that they have it in SMART MODE and like I said it is not that smart. When doing a flight plan always remember that it CURVES and your HEIGHT CLEARANCES. They are a fantastic machine and touch wood that we have not had one incident yet and adhere to a very strict pre flight check list which includes not being in smart mode. Johnno Hennessy ( Australia ) Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

I realize this is an old post, but it told me what I needed to know. My first attempt at CCC wasn't so lucky. I was testing the accuracy of CCC. My test run found the GPS was accurate, but the altitude was 15 feet to low and my first run ran into the sign post, I set as a navigation point. I lost 4 blades (three A and only one B) and scuffed the drone body. Had to reset one of the camera bushings, but no other damage. Plan to do another CCC test, but will use plastic disks as the navigation points.

I realize this is an old post, but it told me what I needed to know. My first attempt at CCC wasn't so lucky. I was testing the accuracy of CCC. My test run found the GPS was accurate, but the altitude was 15 feet to low and my first run ran into the sign post, I set as a navigation point. I lost 4 blades (three A and only one B) and scuffed the drone body. Had to reset one of the camera bushings, but no other damage. Plan to do another CCC test, but will use plastic disks as the navigation points.
Altitude and clearance from obstacles are high priorities with CCC. Since the route flown is curved both vertically and horizontally, an allowance has to be included in the altitude and waypoints. More is better.

So I wasn't to excited about programming this route. The hop over the gate was kinda freaking me out. But the shot would be good. SO when I hit start and forward the minute it went right I tried hitting exit. Then it went left and for the bushes I was running for the gate. As it went over I thought for sure it would be crashed on the other side. But when I busted through the gate it was making the sweep across the yard and finishing like a champ. Let me know if it was worth the heart attack and new undies.

I think it lost one of its nine lives!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vrcgroup348