Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Custome 360/VR Camera Mount

Reaction score
Here's the start of my new mount. I didn't realize until today that I would need two mounts for the custom build. I just ordered a second one from vertigo drones and it should be here this weekend. Can't wait to attach this 360/VR camera to my H. I'll be to post an updated once I've completed the build.
IMG_8147[1].JPG

Reactions: SkyDoctor and Foxs1
What about image stabilising ? Do you think this will work without a gimbal ?
There's no need for a gimbal since it records in all directions at the same time. I'm using shock mounts so i'll have to see how much the vibrations affects the image. I'm not expecting too many issues.

Jazz,
You going to mount this in place of the CGO3, or are you going to mount it on top?
I'm going to mount in place of the cgo, i'm trying to maintain the weight and balance as much as possible. I've seen top mounted 360 cameras, but I'm hesitant to mount a camera on the top of my drone.

Looks very nice. I'm curious to see what the footage will look like once it is mounted under the TH.
I am wondering if there might not be a some lighter hardware you could use the attach the camera to the bracket. The steel bolt and the huge metal washer look a bit on the robust side of things. You might also take into account the fact that that much metal under the body may affect the compass if it becomes magnetized.

Looks very nice. I'm curious to see what the footage will look like once it is mounted under the TH.
I am wondering if there might not be a some lighter hardware you could use the attach the camera to the bracket. The steel bolt and the huge metal washer look a bit on the robust side of things. You might also take into account the fact that that much metal under the body may affect the compass if it becomes magnetized.
Good point, i'll go buy some nylon washers and screws. In my day job as an engineer, I build air planes by hand and we build things to last forever!!!

Reactions: Murray Martz
So I got impatient and ended up building a camera mount from cardboard and DVD box. It took about 40 mins to build from scratch. Here's the final item. I have to wait until the morning to fly to get some test images and video so check back for updates.

Figure 1 - Camera Mount built with Cardboard and a DVD case
IMG_8184[1].JPG

Figure 2 - H mount, camera mount, and 360 camera assembled, side shot
IMG_8185[1].JPG

Figure 3 - H mount, camera mount, and 360 camera assembled, front shot
IMG_8187[1].JPG

Figure 4 - Visual comparison with CGO3+
IMG_8189[1].JPG

Figure 5 - Mounted to the H, above
IMG_8190[1].JPG

Figure 6 - Mounted to the H, level
IMG_8192[1].JPG

Figure 7 - Mounted to the H , below
IMG_8194[1].JPG

Figure 8 - Full shot
IMG_8195[1].JPG .

So I got impatient and ended up building a camera mount from cardboard and DVD box. It took about 40 mins to build from scratch. Here's the final item. I have to wait until the morning to fly to get some test images and video so check back for updates.

Figure 1 - Camera Mount built with Cardboard and a DVD case
View attachment 5905

Figure 2 - H mount, camera mount, and 360 camera assembled, side shot
View attachment 5906

Figure 3 - H mount, camera mount, and 360 camera assembled, front shot
View attachment 5907

Figure 4 - Visual comparison with CGO3+
View attachment 5908

Figure 5 - Mounted to the H, above
View attachment 5909

Figure 6 - Mounted to the H, level
View attachment 5910

Figure 7 - Mounted to the H , below
View attachment 5911

Figure 8 - Full shot
View attachment 5912 .
I have all of the parts needed to do the same. I think I am going to use a piece of black puck board or black plexiglass in place of the DVD cardboard combo. My problem is, I bought a used Samsung Gear 360, but didn't look to see if my phone works with it. So now I will have to dump another $300 into the project. But, I will be able to offset the cost, as I have jobs lined up for the Gear on it's own already.

Reactions: jazzman81
I have all of the parts needed to do the same. I think I am going to use a piece of black puck board or black plexiglass in place of the DVD cardboard combo. My problem is, I bought a used Samsung Gear 360, but didn't look to see if my phone works with it. So now I will have to dump another $300 into the project. But, I will be able to offset the cost, as I have jobs lined up for the Gear on it's own already.
I was going to buy a Samsung Gear 360 until i discovered it only works with a Samsung phone. Im testing out two different 360 Cameras, one is the 360fly 4k (~$350) and the other is the 360 Action Camera (~$60). If you can wait a day or two, i'll have a full review for ya. If you need get one today, get the $60 action camera - Amazon.com : Andoer 360 Degree Wifi 2448P 30FPS 16M Fisheye Film Source Panorama Camera for Virtual Glasses VR Action Sports Outdoor Activities Camera Camcorder Car DVR : Electronics

I was going to use puck board too, but then i realized i needed something thin to attach the shock mount to, hence my two layered solution. I'm eager to see what you come up with. The best option I think is to use two CGO3+ mounts.

I was going to use puck board too, but then i realized i needed something thin to attach the shock mount to, hence my two layered solution. I'm eager to see what you come up with. The best option I think is to use two CGO3+ mounts.
I even thought about adding a second gimbal and trying to hook them up in tandem, but I think that would be too much work.

I was going to buy a Samsung Gear 360 until i discovered it only works with a Samsung phone. Im testing out two different 360 Cameras, one is the 360fly 4k (~$350) and the other is the 360 Action Camera (~$60). If you can wait a day or two, i'll have a full review for ya. If you need get one today, get the $60 action camera - Amazon.com : Andoer 360 Degree Wifi 2448P 30FPS 16M Fisheye Film Source Panorama Camera for Virtual Glasses VR Action Sports Outdoor Activities Camera Camcorder Car DVR : Electronics
I did find a software hack that allows you to use other phones with the Gear, but mine was still too slow. Looks like I found a Galaxy S6 for $200, so I'm going to look at it today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval