Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Defective battery

Reaction score
Have anyone else ever seen this error? I’m going to discard the battery because
c8ae21ee7d138f0401578a6eaa418575.jpg
c8ae21ee7d138f0401578a6eaa418575.jpg
80ede7d18249a5f91a45285426648d1b.jpg
I don’t trust it.

Did you try disconnecting the battery from the charger, waiting a few minutes, and then plugging it back in again. You might also want to try plugging another (of the same type) into the charger, as well as plus that first battery into a different charger.

Sometimes, the charger can "misread" the battery (I've had that happen with all 4 of my chargers - TH, Traxxas, Hitec X2, and iCharger 406). If the same battery gets read the same way on a different charger, but a different battery gets read as 'good' on the first charger, then, yes, high probability the battery's usability had come to an end. Any other reading, and the one in the photos was probably just an "anomaly".

Reactions: Steve Carr
Yes I've wiggled the battery and it's been OK, a dodgy connection with the charger points, and also the charger it's self can be temperamental.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I disconnected the charger. Played with the battery and I got it to read the battery and start charging. The battery never fully charged. The charger was running for hours then I got a security warning. After that I removed the battery and unplugged the charger. I plugged up the charger an inserted the battery to check the voltage. The results are pictured below. Tomorrow I’m gonna low hover to bring the battery down to 40% then I will try one more re charge.
87ee463cd71b2a4054b3393a07e3ce56.jpg
303588a0ee92357903ac5452c0d2afe1.jpg

I have nothing but trouble with ev peak. I just use the one it came with

You can buy a cheap LiPo Battery checker, it can test total voltage, individual cell voltage, difference between cell voltages etc, and some even read IR, well worth it as another way of making sure everything is OK.Using the original isn't wise for the long term health of the batteries, there is no way of checking voltages, IR or putting batteries into storage. A third party charger is much better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextsi