Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Did my Typhoon H refuse to land?

Reaction score
I honestly thought I had my first "My Typhoon H wont land" Experience, a few days ago.

But just as I was reviewing the footage I realized it was just me. Plain and simple pilot error.

The very first thing that came to my mind was the thread by @CraigCam "always the machine, never the operator".

Reactions: Tuna and zandoli
Interesting video. Out of interest, how did you capture the ST-16 screen?

I am not sure how the Typhoon H knows if the landing gear is down or up. I don't think there is any feedback from the servos. Maybe it is just the switch position. I discovered that it is possible to power up and launch the H (without RealSense) with the LG down but the switch already in the up position. It seems that I had to cycle the LG up and back down once to get it to land.

I honestly thought I had my first "My Typhoon H wont land" Experience, a few days ago.

But just as I was reviewing the footage I realized it was just me. Plain and simple pilot error.

The very first thing that came to my mind was the thread by @CraigCam "always the machine, never the operator".

Thanks for sharing g that. Brings up a good point that if we are not completely able to focus on our flight we should not operate our equipment.

Regards

I am not sure how the Typhoon H knows if the landing gear is down or up. I don't think there is any feedback from the servos. Maybe it is just the switch position. I discovered that it is possible to power up and launch the H (without RealSense) with the LG down but the switch already in the up position. It seems that I had to cycle the LG up and back down once to get it to land.

My check list has make sure gear switch is down at launch. It ignores switch position at take off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My check list has make sure gear switch is down at launch. It ignores switch position at take off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes I also make sure its down before take off. I guess my confusion may have something to do with the fact that when the auto-landing sequence begins it lowers the gear automatically, so it is possible to leave the switch UP with the gear down after an auto-land; then you have to switch down and have it do nothing, then back up to retract again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me