Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Disable ST 10+ Start Up Sound

Reaction score
The start up sound of the ST 10+ is loud and very annoying is there anyone out there that has found a way to disable it ??
I looked thru 16 pages of threads on this Q500 4K discussion and couldn't find one that said anything about it ..
Don't really like letting the whole neighborhood hear me firing up my Typhoon Q500 4K.
Thanks for helping !!

I simply put a piece of black tape over the speaker hole on the back and that quieted down the sounds significantly.
Another option but not advised is to open up the box and cut the red lead to the speaker. Of course, that kills all sounds including those you may want.

Good luck,
Jafo

Very easy solution, find yourself a cheap pair of earphones like those ones used for smart phones. If the end fits int to jack on the side just cut the cord and put the jack in. No sound till you pull it back out again. :)
20161123_151854.jpg

Reactions: Chewman
Thanks a bunch guys ... Wedbster .. tried to follow that vid .. wow .. pretty long and drawn out, too many chances for me to screw it up .. besides I couldn't even get my ST10 to show up in the device manager.

Jafo & Augustine ... thanks for your tips ... I'll have to try one of those.

Very easy solution, find yourself a cheap pair of earphones like those ones used for smart phones. If the end fits int to jack on the side just cut the cord and put the jack in. No sound till you pull it back out again. :)
View attachment 4193

Found an old pair of ear puds and plugged them into the ST10+ and fired it up ... couldn't hear the start up sound ... didn't have the puds in my ear though ... however ... when I cut the cord to the puds and plugged the end back in ... well ... the sound was back ... darn ... so guess I'll by the cheapest set of ear puds I can find and use them when I fire up the ST10+ then put'em in my pocket ... I hate that start up sound and I'm sure it would be a very simple fix with an update from Yuneec to give us the option to turn on/off ... probably too simple and don't want to waste any tech time on it.

I'm going to try that trick (earphone jack). I thought I was losing my mind because I couldn't figure I out.

The headphone thing works .. just don't put'em on your ears and make sure and don't cut the cord other wise the start up sound is back and loud as ever .. at least that's how it worked for me.

Found an old pair of ear puds and plugged them into the ST10+ and fired it up ... couldn't hear the start up sound ... didn't have the puds in my ear though ... however ... when I cut the cord to the puds and plugged the end back in ... well ... the sound was back ... darn ... so guess I'll by the cheapest set of ear puds I can find and use them when I fire up the ST10+ then put'em in my pocket ... I hate that start up sound and I'm sure it would be a very simple fix with an update from Yuneec to give us the option to turn on/off ... probably too simple and don't want to waste any tech time on it.
Physically plugging in the plug into the jack doesn't disable the speaker.
You likely need a complete circuit. When you cut the cord, your broke the circuit.
You just have to join the two cut wires on the plug together to re-complete circuit and should be good to go with the plug.
Just strip the ends a bit, join together and tape it with electrical tape.

Physically plugging in the plug into the jack doesn't disable the speaker.
You likely need a complete circuit. When you cut the cord, your broke the circuit.
You just have to join the two cut wires on the plug together to re-complete circuit and should be good to go with the plug.
Just strip the ends a bit, join together and tape it with electrical tape.

Tried that ... didn't work ... I thought for sure it would because it would be completing the circuit as you said ... oh well ... at least the head phones I ruined were cheap ones ... found another pair ... ear pud style that I use. Thanks for the input though.

Tried that ... didn't work ... I thought for sure it would because it would be completing the circuit as you said ... oh well ... at least the head phones I ruined were cheap ones ... found another pair ... ear pud style that I use. Thanks for the input though.
That's too bad. I assume you also joined the 2 ground wires as well. Hopefully others may have an easy solution than hacking the software.

That's what I was hoping for was an easier solution than hacking .. like maybe in a firmware update to have an on/off option or at least a volume control for it. I know there is a plus and minus for volume control on the controller but it does nothing for the start up sound. And I didn't know there was ground wires in the headphone leads ... I just twisted the two wires together and tried it ... darn I may have to ruin another cheap pair ... have you tried this before ??

I haven't yet - been meaning to. The guys at the flying field always razz me when I boot up the st10+ "Windoze, Windoze - get a real transmitter!" LOL.
The volume doesn't bother me, but I'd love to just easily change the tune on the ST10.
I get a kick when I boot up the Taranis and it plays the Darth Vader march theme and then plays Princess Leia for the warnings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio