Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Distance testing report - updates page 3 (FPVLR) & page 5 (DBS)

Greetings neighbor!, have a conference in Grandury in a month! nice town, Please let me know if I ever mislead you to purchase a DBS over a FPVLR as a nice gentleman on this forum has stated!

I allready have the DBS, honestly just chose it because I like the looks and its one piece if you leave it assembled...

Fly 12k out Harvey as Tony recommends and are you following FAA guidelines? I thought it was for better video and signal strength?;)
My new eyeglasses help me see clearly for miles. If I can go 12,000' that should confirm that my video feed for 4-5,000' will always be reliable, right?

I don't know if the gentleman comment above was a reference to me, but I've not stated any such thing and don't recall you ever trying to talk anybody into anything, just giving your own testimony from experience with the Phantoms.

Looked at the PDF
ZOOOOM.. Straight over the head :p
I want something that gives penetration ... not length (stop your snickering you 12yo's)
Got some large forests and National Parks (yes in Australia we can fly in National Parks... Just not Commonwealth Land .. which are only a few sites Ayres Rock is one of them unfortunately)
I want to be able to fly up and out of the canopy and for a distance looking at the bush, but the signal will be going through a lot of trees so I need the Big Penetration!
How does antenna choice then handle this scenario?

PS I have already ordered the DBS one prior to knowing anything about the FPVLR option.....
I just thought big flat antenna should be better than Stock as a rock antennas.
Sorry, first thing I did when I read this was well, snicker. You won't get good "penetration" at 5.8GHz. The lower frequency bands (2.4GHz, 1.2GHz, and especially 900MHz) are much better in this regard. The big downsides however are the requirements for bigger and bigger antennas plus interference from competing bands.

Looked at the PDF
ZOOOOM.. Straight over the head :p
I want something that gives penetration ... not length (stop your snickering you 12yo's)
Got some large forests and National Parks (yes in Australia we can fly in National Parks... Just not Commonwealth Land .. which are only a few sites Ayres Rock is one of them unfortunately)
I want to be able to fly up and out of the canopy and for a distance looking at the bush, but the signal will be going through a lot of trees so I need the Big Penetration!
How does antenna choice then handle this scenario?

PS I have already ordered the DBS one prior to knowing anything about the FPVLR option.....
I just thought big flat antenna should be better than Stock as a rock antennas.

I've FPVLR and if I get my H next week (most likely it would be week after) I'll able to try it in the bush (let say at Olinda) (depends if I will be confident to fly it) . there are a lot of IF unfortunately:(

Of course I wish everybody had great units in their hands now. Last Sunday I was really down after my crash, figured I'd be without for a while for repairs, etc., or at least over a week. Yuneec customer support was great. So was Peter at ACES for getting me my unit so quick though I know he's waiting for more now. I'm also waiting for extra props from ACES but hope I don't need them! ;)

Peter is awesome..check out my youtube channel hes giving a back pack away ends june 1st... idroneudrone

which antenna is the best choice?

i need a good signal for flying at Buildings ...don't look for big distances
i have ordered the DBS, but now i am not sure if this is the solution

Reactions: DroneClone
I got my FPVLR and I am very happy with the improvement in video transmission.... believe it or not the camera connects to ST16+ quicker now then stock.

Keep us posted on your results. I'm still very conservative around buildings. If i fly behind a 4" diameter cedar tree trunk at 60' out, my camera jitters. If I fly behind a bush at the same distance, it's lights out. I have FPVLR on order hoping it will help this. Max camera signal distance for me (in a field surrounded by houses, power lines, and a hi-way) is around 1100'.

You made the right choice... well proven reliability and the company is stellar.

Not sure what happened to a few of the posts on here.....
I have the DBS on order and was asking about the FPVLR, but it has gone.
If you want to ask questions about it , I have found here to maybe get answers.

Not sure what happened to a few of the posts on here.....
I have the DBS on order and was asking about the FPVLR, but it has gone.
If you want to ask questions about it , I have found here to maybe get answers.
The thread was cleaned. Unfortunately the owner of that company makes fake accounts on all our sites to sell his products. He is no longer allowed to sell here due to his deceitful practices. He was banned long ago but he makes new account regularly.

Reactions: dirkclod
The thread was cleaned. Unfortunately the owner of that company makes fake accounts on all our sites to sell his products. He is no longer allowed to sell here due to his deceitful practices. He was banned long ago but he makes new account regularly.
Ok. Was not aware.
Just a question are you allowed to still compare the products? Or is there a ban on that?
Just don't want to get banned on a site I am finding useful.

Anyone can participate provided the rules are followed. Advertising rules are enforced. So if a member happens to be a retailer or repair facility for example, they would be welcome to post on all subjects provided they do so as a member and not as a seller. Sales pitches or mentioning sales, discount codes, etc. would be reserved for sponsors only.

On the sister site, PhantomPilots.com, there are many threads directly comparing the FPVLR & DBS antennas. For the record, both companies make good antennas and they fill slightly different niches in typical drone use. What works for some may not work for others. Location and use should be at the top of the list of things to consider when purchasing.

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech