Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

Distance?

Discussion in 'Q500 4K Discussion' started by Rick K., Aug 9, 2016.

1. Rick K.

Just curious Q500 4K what would you consider a safe distance as in how far you can fly the Q away from you with out I guess possibly losing any kind of connection if that is possible to happen, not height but distance away? I have flown like 5 -6 times so far and just kinda cautious about how far away I can actually go.

2. FilmIdol

Hi Rick. Because I am always "filming", I go by when I lose video transmission to the ST10. The UAV will fly a bit further, but I come back when I lose video. If you are in a low signal are, like a field with no wires around, it is usually around 1,000 to 1,300 ft, and about half that in a city or around power lines, for example.

Jersey Jigger likes this.
  3. Rick K.

oh wow ok, I was trying to take a photo of this castle which is far up on a mountain. Didnt get very close but than came across a video someone last year actually flew from where I was standing and was right on top of it, seems his drone took off and got up there quick thinking maybe a DJI but he stated in his video he was up 500ft and 2000ft out , I kinda get nervous flying so far away , havent had a crash yet etc so little cautious.

FilmIdol likes this.
  4. m5zealot

Can you clarify what is happening when the quad initiates the return home after losing signal with the ST10? My logic was, how does it know where to come back too if it can't tell where the ST10 (or myself) is located at that point? I get confused about this because in watch me and follow me, it is relying on a connection with the transmitter. Does the quad keep a "memory" of the last known GPS location within its "brain" and return to it without any communication with the actual ST10?

Thanks,