Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

DJI IS SUING YUNEEC FOR PATENT INFRINGEMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am shocked.... utterly shocked... In China? No way, wait, isn't Windows XP still the main (pirated) operating system there. Ok... I see it now... never mind, nothing to see here....
I totally understand the windows xp thing. Who wants Windows 10.

I thought this was something new but this was the same suit from back in April of last year hoping to halt the initial sales of the Typhoon H in May.

I thought this was something new but this was the same suit from back in April of last year hoping to halt the initial sales of the Typhoon H in May.
I just got my drone Friday and joined this site on Saturday so it's all new to me.

I doubt it. I would be afraid of having to pay additional money to DJI.

This is a very old and laughable suit. DJI was desperately trying to halt the sales of the H. Since that didn't work they sent out an army of trolls to bash the H on Youtube and every forum they could get into.

No, your post is the laugh, this is from almost a year ago. Shows what you think about the members here.
It was posted with humorous intent. The Chinese suing anybody for patent infringement is ludicrous. I have respect for all members of this board and do not have an axe to grind with anyone.
My apologies.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people don't understand the important difference between Chinese patent control and the western method. The Chinese do have patents, but they commonly use design patents rather than the US use of utility patents to control rivals. This misunderstanding has meant that western companies have often failed to protect their products properly in China, whilst other companies have been unable to manufacture there even though their products would be fine under the Western system.

This particular item is old news now, as people have pointed out. It's likely though that DJI will be actively preventing Yuneec from using particular features in their upcoming models.

This particular item is old news now, as people have pointed out. It's likely though that DJI will be actively preventing Yuneec from using particular features in their upcoming models.

As you know, DJI also filed suit against Autel Robotics some time back, saying basically it was a clone of their P line.
I calculate they will try to keep Yuneec from making a white drone. But who knows.

It was posted with humorous intent. The Chinese suing anybody for patent infringement is ludicrous. I have respect for all members of this board and do not have an ax to grind with anyone.
My apologies.

No problem:).
The intent and integrity of the US patent system has been under attack for some time. Often used to bully small competitors, etc.

No problem:).
The intent and integrity of the US patent system has been under attack for some time. Often used to bully small competitors, etc.
I have had several patents in the past and have since expired.(The Patents not me expired)
Patents are some what of a joke to be honest with you. You put all of the information of how to do what you did and all methodology involved. Your trade secrets are laid bare to anyone who can read.
If a patent infringement occurs, the United States of America does nothing for you. If it is a foreign country you're out of luck.
YOU have to take the offender to court and prove your case. If you win the Government issues a cease and desist order. Then you have to sue in civil court and hope you win in that arena. If somehow the court agrees with you monetary damages have to be proven and you might never collect the damages. Deep corporate pockets can put and end your claims because you have to pay attorneys, court cost, and they can ask for a continuance killing time and your bank account.
Also a Corporation can take your basic patent make alleged improvements and side step your patent.
Usually it is the little guy who takes a bath and bankrupts his small business trying to keep larger companies from intellectual theft.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rayray
This is a very old and laughable suit. DJI was desperately trying to halt the sales of the H. Since that didn't work they sent out an army of trolls to bash the H on Youtube and every forum they could get into.

And still do to this day....More on FB at this point. Oh, My H flew away ask them for a ST16 video and nada. TROLL

so DJI is suing because of the visual tracking? The Yuneec products use GPS for tracking and the camera has no part of it. Sooooooo there is no case

In any case, DJI did not invent object tracking via camera view. It's been used by the military, developed and provided by corporate aerospace firms, since long before DJI came into existence. I started using it in 2006, and others were using it long before I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss