Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Does anyone ever have regretted purchasing the Typhoon H after all the issues with software and fly

No regrets at all so far. Flies great, gets some real nice footage and so many options for dual operator with 360 gimbal that 'the other brand' only do at almost twice the price of the basic (not to mention an iPad/tablet addition factored in). I hope to see more hardware upgrades, in particular a micro 4/3rds camera somewhere in between the CG03+ and CG04 that's H compatible. That would be really nice. I'm in the UK, so know that if I have any issues with mine, judging on everyone elses experiences I'll be well looked after. Can't beat the whole package for the price in my opinion.

Reactions: Jonyslobo
Absolutely no regrets from me. I got one of the earlier batches (standard H, not the Pro) to hit Australia and have enjoyed every flight. I have come from a background of building my own multi rotors (20+ so far) so this was my first 'commercial' build. It did take a little time to get used to the different flight characteristics as I have predominantly flown 'manual' previously, but I am loving the H.
So far, my only 'concern' is the intermittent break up with telemetry but I have ordered the upgrade antenna kit (for the ST16 and the H) which I am sure will fix this issue. I am not wanting to fly out to some crazy distance, but I want a strong, reliable link at all times.

Buyer's remorse, huh? Probably a common thing for all of us, whether it's drones, a new house or car. I think a lot of P-4 owners have the same feelings in reverse. Hang in there, call Yuneec for help when you need it (they answer their phones), and you'll work through the problems.
Best of luck.
Work through it? Huh ! Two replacement H's and one 16+ replacement, Three trips from Texas to California Yuneec and back ( I am sure a fourth!), and they still can't get it right! That's about all they do is answer their phones and say "Send it Back" I know 7 friends that have a H and 2 have no issues from day one till now, the other 5 + me spend our days at the UPS depot so much, they know us by name and who the package is going to, before we hit the door!

Reactions: SkyDrone
Work through it? Huh ! Two replacement H's and one 16+ replacement, Three trips from Texas to California Yuneec and back ( I am sure a fourth!), and they still can't get it right! That's about all they do is answer their phones and say "Send it Back" I know 7 friends that have a H and 2 have no issues from day one till now, the other 5 + me spend our days at the UPS depot so much, they know us by name and who the package is going to, before we hit the door!

I'm starting think this week might be a " I hate Yuneec and they all suck kind of week" for you DC. Never seems to end for you does it.

No regrets here. I trust my H far more than I did any of my Phantoms. Customer service has been great.
Go read the Phantom forums if you think they are not having problems. Even the new Mavic which is not on the street yet is suffering from soft focus and tilted horizons in every review video.

I obtained one of the first H's available and have not regretted it for a second. Is the camera perfect? Probably not but using the photos below you can tell me if it's good or bad. One is the original JPG and the second is the same JPG after some light work. Look at them on a 32"-40" screen with 1080 or better resolution. Natural setting, lighting set to sunset/sunrise, no filters, camera set to 4k, 24fps. Still shot with a 14-17mph wind blowing.

I read about problems with every make and model multirotor there is on various forums, leading me to believe people prefer complaining over praising. A fair number of people complaining turn out to be the cause of their problems because they lack the knowledge and experience needed to fully comprehend how to use what they have, or elect to "cowboy" their equipment in ways contrary to what little is provided for general operating instructions with any of the models out there. I have little sympathy for people that modify antennas and other factory equipment and/or fly well beyond the distance people can see the aircraft to effectively control it, or have failed to learn anything about GPS and their flight control systems, who come back complaining about loss of control, fly away, or video drop out issues. Might as well blame a compass for pointing north. Others have some real issues but they are not as many as it might appear. Then you have the group that is part of the cheer leading team for any given manufacturer, but one in particular, that go to great lengths to disparage any equipment that may compete with their chosen manufacturer's sales volume.

So I don't regret anything about my H purchase. It has worked like it was advertised to. Camera focus is no big deal for anyone that really cares about it. Mickeyboo posted a real nice video showing people how to adjust it. It's not hard. All you need is an HDMI cable and a large screen to watch the results of your adjustment efforts. This one is the way it came out of the box.
Glad for you Pat, I am experienced, and I know my suas's, and I use them professionally as well as for fun ! I had one about the time you did, and never had a issue till July upgrade, since then it is in constant transit between Texas and Cali, They can't even send you a LiLo battery that isn't drained beyond charging! It's one thing after another! Poor QC and poorly experienced repair techs, that "check" the box on the 27 point inspection, "New Firmware Updated, and Test Flown" but they lie, I got it back after, well after the last upgrade and it still had July's upgrade on it, I went into telemetry, and the last flight was the day before I sent it in ! *** sheet was "Pencil Whipped" and an outright "LIE". But if we complain, we are whiners! Just sit back time after time and take the "shaft" Hmmn!
When all the "Praisers" have an issue, and I guaranteed you will, send it in, then, sing your praises !;)

DC,

I respect your experience and ability and you are clearly one of those that has had true issues. It's unfortunate but I have yet to see a consumer level multirotor company not have issues with their firmware upgrades. Some much more than others. FYI, it happens with larger stuff to but when it does the issues are across the board and every unit has a problem, not just a few. But those use standardized control and communications equipment, removing transients like different anti virus and operating systems from the potential causes. Nor are larger sUAS systems rushed to market like our toys are. Why some function correctly and some don't is beyond me, but I suspect the haste in putting products on a store shelf instead of performing functional test flights is part of the reason. Why employees of a company will lie and state work was done when it was not is another mystery, and one that suggests some employees have severe ethical issues.

Reactions: DroneClone
DC,

I respect your experience and ability and you are clearly one of those that has had true issues. It's unfortunate but I have yet to see a consumer level multirotor company not have issues with their firmware upgrades. Some much more than others. FYI, it happens with larger stuff to but when it does the issues are across the board and every unit has a problem, not just a few. But those use standardized control and communications equipment, removing transients like different anti virus and operating systems from the potential causes. Nor are larger sUAS systems rushed to market like our toys are. Why some function correctly and some don't is beyond me, but I suspect the haste in putting products on a store shelf instead of performing functional test flights is part of the reason. Why employees of a company will lie and state work was done when it was not is another mystery, and one that suggests some employees have severe ethical issues.
I agree Pat, I am not riding you about this. it's just a dead end street with my relations with Yuneec and my patience with them has reached it's limits. I am through complaining about them for good, it does no good to complain as I have here on the forum, And apparently Yuneec tries to resolve my issues, but I comes to a point where they have to replace either the whole complete package, or refund the money! I have been more than patient and forgiving with them, I just don't have anymore faith in them to handle my issues is all !
Take care Pat ! I hope your H never gives you a single issue my friend!

No regrets as I expect there to be issues, but alas I really haven't had any except the lens focus. And there was the rant about how Journey works, but I don't take selfies so it doesn't matter there.

For what I use it for there isn't a RTF MR out there that compares.

No regrets here. I trust my H far more than I did any of my Phantoms. Customer service has been great.
Go read the Phantom forums if you think they are not having problems. Even the new Mavic which is not on the street yet is suffering from soft focus and tilted horizons in every review video.

I think the soft focus on the mavic was due to not adjusting its auto focus. But ya, I see a lot if not all of the videos taken with the mavic have horizon tilt which baffles me. Yuneec have this aspect nailed with the H.

If anyone cares, just as the older Phantoms had cracking arms, it is now being discovered the P4 also develops cracks.

I think the soft focus on the mavic was due to not adjusting its auto focus. But ya, I see a lot if not all of the videos taken with the mavic have horizon tilt which baffles me. Yuneec have this aspect nailed with the H.
The same reviewers are still posting less than sharp videos after learning that they need to pre-focus the camera. I have yet to any really good video from anyone but DJI. I think this will be huge issue for the Mavic. If the user forgets to focus before flying and uses up a whole battery, shooting an important video, only to discover later that it it is too soft to be usable, they will be really upset. You cannot tell, looking at the tiny screen on a phone, whether the image is sharp or not.
One of the first reviewers has already had a flyaway. A lot of Phantom 3 and Phantom 4 users are dumping their Phantoms to buy the Mavic. I expect many will be disappointed.

If anyone cares, just as the older Phantoms had cracking arms, it is now being discovered the P4 also develops cracks.
At least cracks are a sign that is has been up in the air flying, more than I can say for my Yuneec ! LOL !;)

Have you ever looked closely at some of the women that spent too much time in the sun and tanning beds? Aged and cracked without ever getting in the air:)

A bit more seriously, with all the history of software, firmware, and hardware issues that have plagued DJI since the beginning it would have been reasonable to assume anyone coming out with something new would have learned from that and gone the distance not to repeat those errors with their products. You cannot maximize profit potential when spending excessive levels of resources on repairs. That Yuneec appears to try to make things right is a commendable but getting it done the first time a correction is required is equally important. Finding good, qualified help may be part of the problem, but not all of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DroneClone
My only regret was updating the firmware. While the new features are nice, they have made the H totally unreliable. Now Yuneec service has screwed me over.
With the old firmware, I loved every minute of flying. New firmware sounds like you better be on your game.
Oh did I mention I can take great pictures from inside the box.

My H has been back to Yuneec a total of 4 times and still problems exist..The techs either don't listen or they are told to rush it thru...i really don't have the answer...I am fed up and my love of the hobby has greatly diminished ....I can't sell it because i will not pass the problems onto a buyer....

Mine back twice, bricked firmware up-grade, and now the compass error issues, and they still sent it back with the older firmware.
I agree Raymond, their service center needs and upgrade.

yes they put on the repair notes that all firmware was up to date....and of course it wasn't....however that was NOT a big deal....to keep the craft and return it the same way it was sent is totally unacceptable.....

I understand that there can and will be issues ...I am a patient man but when a company repeatedly gets it wrong, sends you the wrong replacement part, does nothing but re- calibrate the controller, and tells you its fixed and passed their inspection is nothing more but ********...

Reactions: SkyDrone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Siyaco