Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Does anyone ever have regretted purchasing the Typhoon H after all the issues with software and fly

Buyer's remorse, huh? Probably a common thing for all of us, whether it's drones, a new house or car. I think a lot of P-4 owners have the same feelings in reverse. Hang in there, call Yuneec for help when you need it (they answer their phones), and you'll work through the problems.
Best of luck.
LOL! Love your philosophy. Hey, when did you become "Staff"?;)

Reactions: raymond captuo
Work through it? Huh ! Two replacement H's and one 16+ replacement, Three trips from Texas to California Yuneec and back ( I am sure a fourth!), and they still can't get it right! That's about all they do is answer their phones and say "Send it Back" I know 7 friends that have a H and 2 have no issues from day one till now, the other 5 + me spend our days at the UPS depot so much, they know us by name and who the package is going to, before we hit the door!

I'm sorry to hear that, I consider myself lucky after reading your comment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The same reviewers are still posting less than sharp videos after learning that they need to pre-focus the camera. I have yet to any really good video from anyone but DJI. I think this will be huge issue for the Mavic. If the user forgets to focus before flying and uses up a whole battery, shooting an important video, only to discover later that it it is too soft to be usable, they will be really upset. You cannot tell, looking at the tiny screen on a phone, whether the image is sharp or not.
One of the first reviewers has already had a flyaway. A lot of Phantom 3 and Phantom 4 users are dumping their Phantoms to buy the Mavic. I expect many will be disappointed.

I created a poll thread at RCG 'DJI Mavic Pro vs Phantom 4'. According to ~90% of Mavic Pro owners (zero), the Mavic wins. Never mind none of them have flown one yet.

One of the huge criticisms of the H by DJI sycophants was the "small" screen on the ST16. Funny how the even smaller Mavic Pro screen is plenty good now.

There are so many DJI paid shills at RCG it's hard to keep track. Free batteries, props, even RTF units....lots of good stuff, dangled in front of posters to keep the DJI paradigm in place by never saying anything negative and jump on those that do. I know this to be true because at least two have PM'd me stating as such. Another, who frequents here and owns an H and Solo, I highly suspect is being lured into becoming a DJI convert by giving him a Mavic Pro to provide glowing accolades of praise.

I have several MR's, mostly Arducopter powered, the most recent a Solo (had one last year and returned) mainly for fun flying. Despite 3DR's apparent demise and abandonment of the Solo, as a pure flyer it completely blows away anything DJI has, including the P4. Flight modes like Drift, Sport, Acro, Flip and other options in addition employing the best FC available, for $380 at BB it was too much to turn down. I didn't get it for doing video (fried my GP4), but am considering getting it replaced because quite honestly the Solo still does special shots better than anything out there. Plus there is a new 3rd party app called Solex that looks to be excellent according to guys at 3DRPilots.

One thing is certain; DJI knows how to create a positive image and hold the masses of zombies no matter how crappy the code and hardware is, not to mention the worst CS reputation ever (yes, even worse than Yuneec although it has improved in the past year). Somehow all the negative issues are brushed under the carpet and forgotten.

I bought the H as purely for doing video particularly like using a tripod with the 360 deg gimbal. For this copter I have no interest in having the ability to fly missions, or OA. Again, no regrets.

I created a poll thread at RCG 'DJI Mavic Pro vs Phantom 4'. According to ~90% of Mavic Pro owners (zero), the Mavic wins. Never mind none of them have flown one yet.

One of the huge criticisms of the H by DJI sycophants was the "small" screen on the ST16. Funny how the even smaller Mavic Pro screen is plenty good now.

There are so many DJI paid shills at RCG it's hard to keep track. Free batteries, props, even RTF units....lots of good stuff, dangled in front of posters to keep the DJI paradigm in place by never saying anything negative and jump on those that do. I know this to be true because at least two have PM'd me stating as such. Another, who frequents here and owns an H and Solo, I highly suspect is being lured into becoming a DJI convert by giving him a Mavic Pro to provide glowing accolades of praise.

I have several MR's, mostly Arducopter powered, the most recent a Solo (had one last year and returned) mainly for fun flying. Despite 3DR's apparent demise and abandonment of the Solo, as a pure flyer it completely blows away anything DJI has, including the P4. Flight modes like Drift, Sport, Acro, Flip and other options in addition employing the best FC available, for $380 at BB it was too much to turn down. I didn't get it for doing video (fried my GP4), but am considering getting it replaced because quite honestly the Solo still does special shots better than anything out there. Plus there is a new 3rd party app called Solex that looks to be excellent according to guys at 3DRPilots.

One thing is certain; DJI knows how to create a positive image and hold the masses of zombies no matter how crappy the code and hardware is, not to mention the worst CS reputation ever (yes, even worse than Yuneec although it has improved in the past year). Somehow all the negative issues are brushed under the carpet and forgotten.

I bought the H as purely for doing video particularly like using a tripod with the 360 deg gimbal. For this copter I have no interest in having the ability to fly missions, or OA. Again, no regrets.
Love your H, I tried too, my P4 blows anything I have flown, other than a pro grade out of the air! My third H just,arrived with a shorted ESC board! Love it, till it fails, as with all electronics, it will !

Last edited:
I had fun with the H, still do. Had a few problems but over all a good flyer.

Compared to my Phantoms the H was more of a novelty toy more than anything.

I am moving on to DGI's latest drones and unless Yuneec steps up its game in
the future probably will not look back. ;)

I have a typhoon H pro, I like it but issues with the software and the camera being out of focus it just stopping me from loving it.

Sometimes I think that a Phantom 4 was going to be a better purchase

Guess I've been lucky. Camera images are razor sharp and it's been flying nicely, at least with the previous firmware. I'm quite happy considering it's a fairly new platform that is bound to have some bugs.

I had fun with the H, still do. Had a few problems but over all a good flyer.

Compared to my Phantoms the H was more of a novelty toy more than anything.

I am moving on to DGI's latest drones and unless Yuneec steps up its game in
the future probably will not look back. ;)
Oh! Jimmie!, Don't desert your H ! LOL !

It is hard for me to imagine a person being so dishonest as to constantly trash DJI competitors for profit. What a sad life that must be. I wondered if some were just rabid fanboys or mentally ill, but knowing they are getting compensated is just sad. Competition is good for all of us.
I also considered buying one the Solos on sale. What a bargain. Still the best cable cam.

Oh! Jimmie!, Don't desert your H ! LOL !

Ha Ha DC, I actually just sold one of my Phantoms and am keeping the H because I like flying it.
The Grandkids like it and think its cool looking. LOL

But I have the Mavic on order and that will be exciting especially once they port my favorite apps over. :):)

Reactions: DroneClone

Blah Blah Blah, Do you have this non sense recorded so you
can post it every once in awhile to start a flame war.

Is Yuneec paying you to do this? There I said it, works both ways. LOL

Reactions: QuadBart
Like many of us, I pre-ordered the "H" early in the year and waited for its release. Yuneec never created anything that interested me prior to the H. I'd been flying Phantoms since version #2 and wanted an Inspire, but then the "H" came along so I jumped on board. I don't think the "H" is state of the art technology (DJI wins hands down in that category), but the "H" is smart technology.... except for the battery. Homer Simpson could have designed a better battery... Yuneec, what the **** were you thinking???? And the camera issues. Not all resolutions & FPS look great, nor has the White Balance been fixed.

Do I regret my purchase? **** no, it is what it is. The "H" does some things extremely well and other things not so well. Some of the camera functions work very well and I can capture amazing video. The battery life is pretty poor, which makes me really think out my shots before I fly and not waste time, which ends up being a good thing. I just make sure I only use it for what it excels at, then I remain happy with my purchase.

Like many of us, I pre-ordered the "H" early in the year and waited for its release. Yuneec never created anything that interested me prior to the H. I'd been flying Phantoms since version #2 and wanted an Inspire, but then the "H" came along so I jumped on board. I don't think the "H" is state of the art technology (DJI wins hands down in that category), but the "H" is smart technology.... except for the battery. Homer Simpson could have designed a better battery... Yuneec, what the **** were you thinking???? And the camera issues. Not all resolutions & FPS look great, nor has the White Balance been fixed.

Do I regret my purchase? **** no, it is what it is. The "H" does some things extremely well and other things not so well. Some of the camera functions work very well and I can capture amazing video. The battery life is pretty poor, which makes me really think out my shots before I fly and not waste time, which ends up being a good thing. I just make sure I only use it for what it excels at, then I remain happy with my purchase.

What are your thoughts on the new 7000 MAH batteries?

Everything you are saying it's true I gess I need to start enjoying my TH more than I used to, BTW I like your youtube videos

Reactions: Brian Mackey

Well stated Captain, I will be back on the "like" bandwagon tomorrow at 10:30 am, when my 4th H and second replace "new" Pro arrives and I test her out, I am just at a loss that every repair and every new H I have received has had issues, bad luck, bad karma? who knows, but this is my final forgiveness, so they had the manager hand test before shipping, so I hope all is well, I want to like it again, believe me!

Well stated Captain, I will be back on the "like" bandwagon tomorrow at 10:30 am, when my 4th H and second replace "new" Pro arrives and I test her out, I am just at a loss that every repair and every new H I have received has had issues, bad luck, bad karma? who knows, but this is my final forgiveness, so they had the manager hand test before shipping, so I hope all is well, I want to like it again, believe me!

good luck on you tomorrow

Reactions: DroneClone
Blah Blah Blah, Do you have this non sense recorded so you
can post it every once in awhile to start a flame war.

Is Yuneec paying you to do this? There I said it, works both ways. LOL

The gimbal stopped working the second day I had the H....forgot about that. Yuneec replaced it with new unit, got it back inside two weeks.

Other than that, all I've done is charge batteries (ruined two with water in backpack), adjust focus, later exchange for Peau lens, install updates and fly. Probably have over 150 flights by now. Sorry for you guys having issues. Mine is one of the early ones. Maybe it is possible something changed in the hardware causing a conflict, hard to say.

I own a P4. First ever DJI. No I don't like DJI, rarely fly it. Prior to the first Solo, I've only had DIY builds ranging from 650 quad to 1100 octo. Y6 is my favorite. Down to six MR not including the micro's. Over the years I crashed and lost thousands of dollars of RC planes and gliders. We didn't have the internet to go and whine every **** day. If a receiver failed, tough ****, down it comes and either start rebuilding or take what's left and build new. If we lost radio contact, there was no "RTL", just waive goodbye and hope to find it. No failsafe period. No GPS. No logs. No CS to complain to or about. There were only two types of RC planes. Those that crashed and those that were going to crash. Today I wouldn't build a plane without a FC system.

How many crashes have I had with MR's? Exactly one, and it was a flyaway due to a hardware defect in a AUAV-X2 FC. I had a close call today with the Solo in Acro mode; never dared use that with larger machines, obviously need some practice. Fortunately there's a 'Pause' button and saved it. Technology is great isn't it?

The only correspondence I've had with Yuneec is 1) RMA for camera replacement 2) ripping them for what I consider poor coding.

It is becoming nauseating reading the same bitching and moaning day after day. Believe it or not, some of us actually try to find posts with useful information. I wish there was a way to ignore complete threads.

So yep, I really like my Typhoon H. Oh yes, I did crash this thing, almost forgot.....< 1 ft off the ground when it tumbled.....had to replace one arm/motor. I don't keep track of all the money I spend in this MR hobby, would probably make me sick. So I take the good with the bad, fly in all conditions except rain, fly over water with no concern. If it fails, oh well.

Maybe it's time to cut your losses and sell.

I lost over $7k in one bird due to a bad FC. Aside from that I've had two minor crashes in the last couple years. Both my fault through dumb thumbs. Totally my fault. Fixed them both. Never crashed my 810, X8, or H. I fly the crap out of my H, with much of that over the Columbia River. That happens solely because I have confidence in it. It always does what it's commanded to do.

I come from the same era of RC that Glider does but I flew 3D gas giants where a single mistake would put $5k in the trash can every time. It came with the territory. 3D carries risk, a lot of it, and if you weren't capable of bearing the loss you didn't play. The same applies to consumer drones. Yes, they are pretty high tech, but none of them high enough, or good enough, to obtain FAA certification. Despite what we pay for them they are pretty cheap for what they are and can do. Their pricing should be enough to let us know we should always remain wary. Any of them can fail at any time.

It is becoming nauseating reading the same bitching and moaning day after day. Believe it or not, some of us actually try to find posts with useful information. I wish there was a way to ignore complete threads.
l.

Agreed, and I can't figure out how to turn it round - it upsets me because I have a great machine and want to share how much I'm enjoying it. That was why I created the competition thread, just to try and get people to focus on flying rather than bitching.

Reactions: Rayray

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval