Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Does video resolution settings affect still photo jpg's?

Reaction score
I have had my bird for almost 3 months.
I have been reading several posts about focus issues from the CGO3+, but have had a hard time determining if mine was the same way.
I had always been checking the video files and there seemed to be a small amount of softness, but I kept telling myself that it was probably from motion blur.
I have wanted to post some clips, but YuneecPilots won't allow me to upload raw clips from the copter.
(I even tried jpg files, but still no good)
I just bought a Q500 4K for my brother and we both took our birds to a field to fly together. (I used my Typhoon H)
When we got home I checked out the footage from both cameras and there was a huge difference.
Now, I didn't realize it until we got home, but he was shooting 30FPS 4K and I was shooting 60FPS 1080.
However, the difference was so drastic, I don't believe it was a resolution issue.
Plus, we were shooting jpg and not while the video was recording. (I had read that if you take a still photo while recording video, it will only take a frame grab from the video and not a full quality jpg.)

I guess my question before calling Yuneec is whether the video resolution settings will change the quality of the still photos?

We are going out tomorrow to take some more shots while both birds using the same resolution, but I wanted to find out if anyone else had tested the jpg resolution settings.

Thanks!
When I reshoot tomorrow, I will do just that.

I have had my bird for almost 3 months.
I have been reading several posts about focus issues from the CGO3+, but have had a hard time determining if mine was the same way.
I had always been checking the video files and there seemed to be a small amount of softness, but I kept telling myself that it was probably from motion blur.
I have wanted to post some clips, but YuneecPilots won't allow me to upload raw clips from the copter.
(I even tried jpg files, but still no good)
I just bought a Q500 4K for my brother and we both took our birds to a field to fly together. (I used my Typhoon H)
When we got home I checked out the footage from both cameras and there was a huge difference.
Now, I didn't realize it until we got home, but he was shooting 30FPS 4K and I was shooting 60FPS 1080.
However, the difference was so drastic, I don't believe it was a resolution issue.
Plus, we were shooting jpg and not while the video was recording. (I had read that if you take a still photo while recording video, it will only take a frame grab from the video and not a full quality jpg.)

I guess my question before calling Yuneec is whether the video resolution settings will change the quality of the still photos?

We are going out tomorrow to take some more shots while both birds using the same resolution, but I wanted to find out if anyone else had tested the jpg resolution settings.
If you just stop the video and snap a photo, you will still get the same resolution as the video. After you stop the video you have to change it to photo mode.
There is a huge difference between 1080p and 4K. The higher resolution has 4 times the amount of detail over 1080.
As alsey7 indicates you can shoot photos in DWG provided you have the someware needed to edit that format.

Reactions: Rayray
This is a reference sheet we use for the CG03 which is pretty darn near to the CGO3+ so it might help you understand the settings better.

Attachments

• Video Mode Sheet.pdf
    83.8 KB · Views: 95

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval