Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

DONE WITH YUNEEC!!! FURIOUS!! Sent me a crashed H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I purchased a Typhoon H brand new from Frys Electronics 3 months ago.

The drone had issues from the get go.
It has been sent into the Ontario Yuneec USA facility 3 separate times, and ST16 sent In 4 times total.

Mostly for the same issue, disconnecting for ST16 mid flight.

This last time it disconnected, it was unrecoverable. Flew into a deep cliff.

I sent I'm telemetry and after reviewing it determined it was NOT cause by pilot error. They proceed to send me a replacement unit.
This is where it gets fun.

This was shipped to me today.
With glued on landing skids
Missing led light stroud
Clear marking & scratches(not a big deal)
Antenna coming out non O.E.M

ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE
Sorry Yuneec, will never spend money with you again. 20170414_161803_HDR.jpg 20170414_161922_HDR.jpg 20170414_161922_HDR.jpg 20170414_162002.jpg 20170414_162035.jpg

Attachments

• 20170414_162023.jpg
    20170414_162023.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 30
Reactions: JizzyGillespie
I know what I'd do. I'd let them know your issues. Then explain that for letting something like this slip past quality control, you'd like 2 extra batteries for the inconvenience when the drone is repaired properly and returned, or what ever makes it worth it to you in parts. I have a ton of batteries, so I'd be asking for 2 pkgs of A & B props each, a pair of complete A & B arms, a complete landing leg, 1 set prop guards. Get it in writing through email so there is no question of who agrees to the extras and what they are.

Things like this can happen from time to time, but any company that values it's customers will be willing to work through a problem with them. Keep the lines of communication open and friendly with Yuneec, show them with the complimentary items you are willing to stay on as a customer, but that you feel you should be compensated for this.

I know there are many different ways to approach this, but that would be my way.

Reactions: Dadjvs and Jussaguy
, show them with the complimentary items you are willing to stay on as a customer, but that you feel you should be compensated for this.

It seems pretty obvious that someone within the company has made a mistake and going on past feedback from members here, I am positive that Yuneec will rectify it, however, trying to squeeze more out of a company that is already over generous with their replacement policy (in my opinion) may be taking things a little too far.

Don't know about the rest of it, but the picture of the antenna is exactly how the original wire antennas exited the body, all the way to being captured by the label.

You said you sent yours back three times before getting this one. Perhaps you still have the ticket/RMA numbers you might share?

Reactions: Dadjvs and abinder
It seems pretty obvious that someone within the company has made a mistake and going on past feedback from members here, I am positive that Yuneec will rectify it, however, trying to squeeze more out of a company that is already over generous with their replacement policy (in my opinion) may be taking things a little too far.
I don't feel that is trying to squeeze them, it is a bargaining tool. Buy a car, try to get a better price. Have an issue, use a bargaining tool to have your issue resolved. The cost of the items far out weighs the loss of future sales. When you bargain, you never expect to get everything you want, but it allows for a compromise from both parties involved.
When I bought my car ( 5th from same dealer ), this was the first time I asked for anything. I always felt the price was fair and never asked for anything, paid sticker price. This year I asked them to throw in Yuneec Typhoon H, they didn't even blink and said yes. So now I have a new car and new drone. It will be up to the OP as to how he handles it, but input from anyone on here that reads his post may also have other ideas on how to be compensated for a major screw-up.

You can't - or shouldn't - browbeat a company that has tried to make things right at least three times already and has been VERY responsive, according to the OP's own admission. Yuneec IS responding to his problems, and as always it sucks to be him right now, but obviously it's just the OP's turn. Heck, it was MY turn a month or so ago, and all I can say is Yuneec treated me fantastically and remedied EVERYTHING to ensure I was made whole as soon as possible. I can't speak highly enough about Yuneec'sexcellent customer service.

I have no doubt that if Yuneec is responsible just for the hot glue job on the landing gear alone, as depicted in the OP's photos, the CS reps in Ontario, CA will do everything in their power to rectify this situation immediately, as I KNOW they would not find such workmanship acceptable. But that does NOT mean now is the time to capitalize on this obvious error on someone's part and attempt to leverage Yuneec's obligation to the consumer into something far more than is deserved from the company. The OP bargained for a workable Typhoon H. That is all he is entitled to get. Not SWAG; NO ONE should get SWAG just because of a problem with a product they have purchased. If that were to be a common practice in the U.S. and world marketplace, none of us could afford to buy a darn thing. The costs of SWAG would only be passed along to us, the consumers. It's just like with new public social programs that politicians and other folks come up with every year. The ideas are good, but who is going to pay for them? Not the people who use them; it's the rest of us who foot the bill.

Contact Yuneec, be polite, and follow through on your conversations with them, giving them everything they ask you for in a timely fashion.Cooperate with them. And then be patient. You WILL be taken care of, but I suggest walking into them calmly and with your simple agenda and facts in front of you instead of running into them frustrated and making demands that have nothing to do with the business at hand. You're there to get a working drone,period. Not to rummage through their closets looking for freebies.

I know what I'd do. I'd let them know your issues. Then explain that for letting something like this slip past quality control, you'd like 2 extra batteries for the inconvenience when the drone is repaired properly and returned, or what ever makes it worth it to you in parts. I have a ton of batteries, so I'd be asking for 2 pkgs of A & B props each, a pair of complete A & B arms, a complete landing leg, 1 set prop guards. Get it in writing through email so there is no question of who agrees to the extras and what they are.

Things like this can happen from time to time, but any company that values it's customers will be willing to work through a problem with them. Keep the lines of communication open and friendly with Yuneec, show them with the complimentary items you are willing to stay on as a customer, but that you feel you should be compensated for this.

I know there are many different ways to approach this, but that would be my way.
I find it amazing now I bought mine in December zero problems so far. How could it be that another identical product has so many problems..clearly it's a lemon and it's good they replaced it..but to send u what they did is totally inappropriate..also gives the rest of us a lousy feeling if we ever have problems is this what we can expect..id give them 1 more chance and if they don't send out a brand new unit I would contact as many consumer help and investigative services as possible..one of them will get on it I have no doubt..IE: BBB NBC consumer program Fox investigative..companies tend to come to life when any of these get involved.. Hate that I'm saying this about Yuneec but that's not cool to send something like that out...

Sort of amazed at the amount of people sticking up for this.

Clearly an oversight and yes, Yuneec has good CS, especially compared to some unnamed others but look what he just got.

Every right to be upset.

Reactions: abinder
I'm not all that sure they did. Glueing gear together when a new leg can be installed with a couple screws makes no sense. That was a home repair. Having several experiences with Yuneec's CS I know what has been presented in this thread is not consistent with how they work.

When the H first came out I saw a thread at another forum where the OP posted pictures of a broken H. Said it arrived with broken landing gear, broken gimbal lock, rubber finger grips that had fallen off the -16, and other defects. Since I already had one I knew the grips could not fall off and had to be pried off. I just happen to use the same adhesive material that secures the grips to the -16. It's plenty strong enough to secure a flight surface servo in place for 100+ hours. The gimbal lock had to have been forced open and pulled apart at the top to break it. The shipping box was more than adequate to prevent the gear from breaking in transit. Later it became evident the OP was a staunch DJI user and supporter. There has been and continues to be efforts by DJI to discredit the H when and wherever they can. RCG, Facebook, YouTube, Yuneec Forum, here. It has been rampant. DJI people at RCG are mining negatives about the H from this site to post or reference at RCG. That the H has turned out to be a very capable and extremely stable camera rig troubles them greatly. Should the 520 work as advertised their troubles will only increase.

In short, until I see RMA's from Yuneec describing the issues I'm not buying the story. Yuneec references the reported problems on their RMA's. Anyone can take pictures of something broken and say someone else did it. I don't believe everything I read, and even less of things people say.

Last edited:
The other odd thing is that the poster doesn't appear to know what a 'normal' Typhoon looks like, despite having sent his back so many times. The aerial wire always looks like that. It's hard not to be a little cynical at times.

Sort of amazed at the amount of people sticking up for this.

Clearly an oversight and yes, Yuneec has good CS, especially compared to some unnamed others but look what he just got.

Every right to be upset.
People should be vocal none of us bought a 200 dollar GooL and there is a reason for that.

Indeed. I noted and mentioned that earlier in the thread. I have an H here with the antenna wires in the exact location. It's how the H standard is made. That post was intended to get people to take a little better look at the photos and think a little before drawing any conclusions, and was a vague inference to what I posted just before yours. BTW, have you tried to remove any of the LED covers yet? They don't fall off.

I will not be surprised to start seeing a bunch of new posts supporting the OP from new members with only 1 to a couple of previous posts. They will for the most part be DJI shills jumping in to draw more viewers to the thread by keeping it at the top of the page. That is very common at other sites. When DJI negativity appears, there is usually a large number of new threads started or added to in order to drive the offending thread off the first page of the site. People are lazy, they often only read the first new post, and rarely review more than page one in a thread or forum.

I'm not all that sure they did. Glueing gear together when a new leg can be installed with a couple screws makes no sense. That was a home repair. Having several experiences with Yuneec's CS I know what has been presented in this thread is not consistent with how they work.

When the H first came out I saw a thread at another forum where the OP posted pictures of a broken H. Said it arrived with broken landing gear, broken gimbal lock, rubber finger grips that had fallen off the -16, and other defects. Since I already had one I knew the grips could not fall off and had to be pried off. I just happen to use the same adhesive material that secures the grips to the -16. It's plenty strong enough to secure a flight surface servo in place for 100+ hours. The gimbal lock had to have been forced open and pulled apart at the top to break it. The shipping box was more than adequate to prevent the gear from breaking in transit. Later it became evident the OP was a staunch DJI user and supporter. There has been and continues to be efforts by DJI to discredit the H when and wherever they can. RCG, Facebook, YouTube, Yuneec Forum, here. It has been rampant. DJI people at RCG are mining negatives about the H from this site to post or reference at RCG. That the H has turned out to be a very capable and extremely stable camera rig troubles them greatly. Should the 520 work as advertised their troubles will only increase.

In short, until I see RMA's from Yuneec describing the issues I'm not buying the story. Yuneec references the reported problems on their RMA's. Anyone can take pictures of something broken and say someone else did it. I don't believe everything I read, and even less of things people say.
I'm not saying you're wrong and my personal CS with Yuneec has been stellar but as someone who owns the whole fleet of enthusiasts UASs from both companies, as long as you don't have a problem, DJI innovates and makes better products. It's just a fact. I know it's actually an opinion but DJI is not even worried about Yuneec, even if the 520 delivers. Even if it does deliver, it's biggest problem is it's delivering with the CGO3+.

Yuneec would be wise to release a new camera that doesn't need to be sent to somewhere like peau to even be useable.

25bps for Gorgeous or whatever it's called. I absolutely love and enjoy flying my H and like the form factor (not because of redundancy) as I've never had a crash because of a failing motor on a quad but that said I just enjoy flying it more until I can't get far with it and I also after all this time am still uncomfortable with the ST16. Too much software to feel safe and I'm also a freestyler so I'm not afraid to have a big remote with lots of buttons but too much software.

You might be right. Not saying you're not but that person is wasting their time. DJI owns the world right now. Their evaluated market cap if they were public is about 18x that of GoPro. Don't think they are sending trolls out to websites. They are busy not only innovating after other products, they continue to out do themselves.

The P4P shoots with a much better camera at 100mbps, not to mention there lines of SSD cams that shoot at 3.6gpbs which can make real footage comparable to Alexas and Reds.

Sorry, I know it's not a popular opinion here but there is no comparing (at the moment) Yuneec and DJI. It's like Honda and BMW and that's being generous.

Again, not saying you're incorrect but DJI needs no help winning the race of UASs. The first 4 rounds are over and DJI won all 4 and this one might be a TKO. And I AM A FAN BOY, I own all types of brands and have loyalty to one.

I know some of the real specs coming on the P5 and Yuneec is going to have to do a LOT better than the 520 to compete.

Last edited:
Reactions: thoneter
I took my H in a week ago and from what I saw the cutbacks at Yuneec are real. They only have a couple of techs now when there used to a dozen or so and the greeter at the will call is also a sales rep that has to comes out when you page her from the phone at the desk. My guess is that your unit was probably accidentally switched with another unit. I agree with PatR I have dealt with CS on a number of occasions and have never had anything but great service. With the cut back in staffing the techs are really doing the best they can under tough circumstances. I used to get my H back within 3 days, now It's been a over a week and there are 2 units still ahead of mine :mad:. My biggest concern here is with the H520 due out in May what's that going to do to wait times??? That's why I think they're farming out the repair and service out to Frank's and Vertigo and the like.

Reactions: thoneter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval