Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

DONE WITH YUNEEC!!! FURIOUS!! Sent me a crashed H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. I noted and mentioned that earlier in the thread. I have an H here with the antenna wires in the exact location. It's how the H standard is made. That post was intended to get people to take a little better look at the photos and think a little before drawing any conclusions, and was a vague inference to what I posted just before yours. BTW, have you tried to remove any of the LED covers yet? They don't fall off.

I will not be surprised to start seeing a bunch of new posts supporting the OP from new members with only 1 to a couple of previous posts. They will for the most part be DJI shills jumping in to draw more viewers to the thread by keeping it at the top of the page. That is very common at other sites. When DJI negativity appears, there is usually a large number of new threads started or added to in order to drive the offending thread off the first page of the site. People are lazy, they often only read the first new post, and rarely review more than page one in a thread or forum.

I thought he was showing the dirty camera mount -- :)

Reactions: PatR
Sub contracting labor is cheaper than maintaining labor yourself. The downside of sub contracting is depending on someone else to maintain quality. workmanship. Sub contractors are cheaper for a reason. Lower pay, fewer benefits, less qualified labor, fewer QC checks. Could be anything but there's always something that allows them to function for less. Yuneec does not have the sales volume DJI has, not the history, and therefore has to maintain a closer watch over operational costs. They can't afford to dump products in order to undercut other makers in order to attempt having a market monopoly.

I wish it were otherwise but until someone goes into this to get ahead of the market instead of playing catch up or achieving parity I'm afraid things aren't going to change much. I believe such is happening with high end equipment but it's not going to happen here in the cheap seats. OTOH, drone sale doubled this year from last and the projections are that sales will increase further as markets become better defined. There's plenty of opportunity open if the margins and volume, or margin for the volume, are good enough.

Last edited:
I rest my case.
Give your case a break and go look at my VLOG and you'll see I've put many hours into how to's on the Yuneec H and that is in general settings, repairs, and other things.

Do you think I made those videos for any reason?

I didn't even read your initial post that you then responded to. Sometimes you can predict what someone is going to say by WHAT IS.

If it's raining outside I can pretty much easily predict that someone will say on FB "I love rainy days" or "man, I wish it wasn't raining so I can go surf".

Don't lump me in with what people are saying about the OP. I said the accusation about the OP could very well be true at least twice in my post if I remember.

I am an owner; even a proud owner of a Typhoon and I even have a Tornado. I once had two Hs. I have the pro. I changed the lens. I modded the antenna.

I bring it with me to a lot of places. It's quite possible that my H has seen more countries than most Americans.

Don't lump me in. I've done more for the community just via my various vlogs on how to repair minor things on the Typhoon. I sold my base model (then non pro) with 3 bats and like 18 props for almost no money because that was the rate.

I am not just saying things because I have something against Yuneec. In fact, when dealing with the company, I like Yuneec 100x more than most of the people at DJI. I'm lucky enough to have some friends that push me through at DJI but when I have to call their "CS" it's often laughable but Yuneec, the guy knows me sometimes by my voice which can't be good. It's apples and oranges and it shouldn't be.

There is no company in the world innovating like DJI right now. Business Insider JUST called them "possibly the greatest company in the world" at the moment and they didn't mean UAS company. They meant a company that is innovating, marketing and serving well!

Of course Yuneec won't compare with that. Nobody is. Don't take everything so personally. If DJI could manage decent, even decent CS, they would own the world. If they could figure out how to get Apple's CS with their current innovation and when a company is just competing with itself and doesn't stop, it means it's got lots of tricks up its sleeve.

Give me a break. Yeah, you guessed what I said because it's true.

Doesn't mean I don't love my H, Q5, I dispise my Tornado and honestly lament ever purchasing it. It was the biggest waste of money I've ever spent but I love the H and I hope Yuneec continues to innovate and create but the CGO3+ is terrible and I was really hoping it would have a better camera on the 520 even if Chang's Take Out Menu called it Best In Show at CES 2017. Wasn't even close to that.

If you want the best non-DJI UAS coming soon to a theater near you it's by PowerVision and it isn't their Egg which is awesome btw. However, the I2 with the X5S, dual bats x2 (4bats), license for ProRes and uncompressed and an X5S or 4S and 3SSD drives, and you have the best integrated bird on the market and a lot less money. But this bird right here is the first to give it a run. A rotating gimbal is actually goofy and certainly doesn't make it an Inspire competitor I am amazed every time someone says the H is an Inspire competitor. They aren't even in the same class and everyone knows this. This guy will have a version that will. It is my prediction that PowerVision (unless Intel or Sony buy Yuneec) will be DJIs first competitor for integrated UAVs.

Last edited:
Sub contracting labor is cheaper than maintaining labor yourself. The downside of sub contracting is depending on someone else to maintain quality. workmanship. Sub contractors are cheaper for a reason. Lower pay, fewer benefits, less qualified labor, fewer QC checks. Could be anything but there's always something that allows them to function for less. Yuneec does not have the sales volume DJI has, not the history, and therefore has to maintain a closer watch over operational costs. They can't afford to dump products in order to undercut other makers in order to attempt having a market monopoly.

I wish it were otherwise but until someone goes into this to get ahead of the market instead of playing catch up or achieving parity I'm afraid things aren't going to change much. I believe such is happening with high end equipment but it's not going to happen here in the cheap seats. OTOH, drone sale doubled this year from last and the projections are that sales will increase further as markets become better defined. There's plenty of opportunity open if the margins and volume, or margin for the volume, are good enough.
I can tell you from experience that the Vertigo guys are not "sub-par" to the Yuneec techs. In fact, I would rather have one of the Chris' working on my H any day. They know it well!

Last edited:
I was not aware that Vertigo is an "official" sub contractor. Be that as it may, companies sub contract work for only a couple reasons; efficiency or cost. Sorry I misread where you were coming from.

BTW, the PowerVision shows a lot of good features but they've just got to get away from using a cell phone.

Don't think they are sending trolls out to websites.

You are perhaps not aware of the threads that get deleted regularly from people claiming to have had a crash, who subsequently turn out to be lying. The Mods on this forum do a really good job of tracking down the people who post stories that simply aren't true. It's fairly widely accepted that there is a persistent and apparently organised attempt to discredit DJI's competitors.

It's fair enough that people can be passionate about their machines, and of course we can have different opinions. DJI and Yuneec have different platforms with different strengths and weaknesses. That's great - it's good for competition and healthy for the industry. What's less healthy is the 'fake news' that floats around the forums and social media. It's a shame to see people engaging in that sort of behaviour and it leads to the sort of defensive arguments we're seeing in this thread.

I find it amazing now I bought mine in December zero problems so far. How could it be that another identical product has so many problems..clearly it's a lemon and it's good they replaced it..but to send u what they did is totally inappropriate..also gives the rest of us a lousy feeling if we ever have problems is this what we can expect..id give them 1 more chance and if they don't send out a brand new unit I would contact as many consumer help and investigative services as possible..one of them will get on it I have no doubt..IE: BBB NBC consumer program Fox investigative..companies tend to come to life when any of these get involved.. Hate that I'm saying this about Yuneec but that's not cool to send something like that out...

Yeah I bought mine 12/2016 with zero problems too. Yuneec should just replace it with a new unit. The original unit obviously has gremlins in it and they aint leaving it either

You are perhaps not aware of the threads that get deleted regularly from people claiming to have had a crash, who subsequently turn out to be lying. The Mods on this forum do a really good job of tracking down the people who post stories that simply aren't true. It's fairly widely accepted that there is a persistent and apparently organised attempt to discredit DJI's competitors.

It's fair enough that people can be passionate about their machines, and of course we can have different opinions. DJI and Yuneec have different platforms with different strengths and weaknesses. That's great - it's good for competition and healthy for the industry. What's less healthy is the 'fake news' that floats around the forums and social media. It's a shame to see people engaging in that sort of behaviour and it leads to the sort of defensive arguments we're seeing in this thread.
Yes but to put that on DJI is goofy. They are demolishing Yuneec outside of forums. It only takes a couple goofy trolls to organize that campaign and DJI hardly needs to.

They were certainly in high gear prior to and after the release of the H. The 520 is about to be released and they have become quite active again on this and at least one other forum. It's not goofy at all, it's DJI's megalomania.

Sorry but I don't support anyone who starts slagging a company off before they have a chance to sort it out or even be informed of the problem, in fact I treat it with suspicion. I would have contacted them first and if they didn't deliver would have resorted to using this platform as some type of leverage.
It makes me chuckle when I see snippets saying how good and innovative DJI are, we have just seen the piss take of all piss takes, taking something OFF a drone and releasing as a new model, that's not innovation that's creaming the consumer for all its worth, that's the Apple philosophy ingrained into them, greatest company my ***.
And, how a thread about a Typhoon H end ups with an advertising campaign on a drone that is about four times the price and no relevance to the thread beats me.

Yes but to put that on DJI is goofy. They are demolishing Yuneec outside of forums. It only takes a couple goofy trolls to organize that campaign and DJI hardly needs to.
If you really think it is not organized by DJI, you are just not paying attention.

Reactions: Mutley and Tuna
Indeed. I noted and mentioned that earlier in the thread. I have an H here with the antenna wires in the exact location. It's how the H standard is made. That post was intended to get people to take a little better look at the photos and think a little before drawing any conclusions, and was a vague inference to what I posted just before yours. BTW, have you tried to remove any of the LED covers yet? They don't fall off.

I will not be surprised to start seeing a bunch of new posts supporting the OP from new members with only 1 to a couple of previous posts. They will for the most part be DJI shills jumping in to draw more viewers to the thread by keeping it at the top of the page. That is very common at other sites. When DJI negativity appears, there is usually a large number of new threads started or added to in order to drive the offending thread off the first page of the site. People are lazy, they often only read the first new post, and rarely review more than page one in a thread or forum.
It really is Nuts I look at those pictures and that H isn't even close to mine. My antenna is very neat both wires are shrinked and have their own holes each one is attached to landing legs on each side.Before my H was ever airborne I did a complete tear down to find whatever may be wrong before I found things in-flight..just like buying a used Cessna. I was very impressed with all aspects of assembly molding and materials used all screws and fasteners were right on the mark..I've had over 20 hrs flight time with zero mishaps or failures...They must have sent you either a return or maybe a test unit either way not cool not fair. I'm really sorry you're going through such crap.please keep us informed

You know I'm so naive it never crossed my mind this whole deal could be something like that. Do you think a company would do something crappy like that? That Sux if it's true..and I feel silly now falling for it.

I own an inspire raw and fly professionally.

Its funny to hear all the fan boys stoking Djis leg after my experiences coming from long term r/c to commercial operation.

In less than 12 months weve had nothing but hassle with the inspire and have fast learned that most of its fans are full of it.

Yes its idiot proof and offers in air camera control like nothing else but thats it really it if you to take how nice the x5r is out the equation.

Batteries...cost a fortune and are crap. Id much rather use my own chargers as they are better and id rather use my own lipos. Accessories.. Cost a fortune too and are quickly defunked/ replaced so your always chasing. The whole company thrives on hype and yes they are leading the way but thats as much through sneaky tactics as it is innovation.

They are showing their neck more and more with every mistake they make and someone is about to take a swipe at the jugular.

Since the last update for example i lost landing gear, my slave feed is now useless and constantly poor ( really pro ey) and the app keeps crashing mid air. Its seems they are now moving to only letting apple products work well too on the Go app.

We are desperate to find another rig that runs raw to replace it. As soon as another company brings out a good raw/ sd running rig that offers redundancy equal to the Dji a3 system we are there.

This is mobile typed so sorry if it does not flow well but i think it proves the point that there is space growing daily among frustrated professionals looking to ditch them.

Go over to RC Groups and go back to the early pages of Typhoon H threads to see the truth of it. You'll see the same in Autel and 3DR Solo threads. In addition there has been the same kind of activity on the Yuneec Facebook group pages, and trash talk comments on You Tube H review videos. Total warfare, with a lot of it written by people with near zero comprehension of the English language. In several forums the first post from someone was a poorly written attack on the H while praising DJI, It got so bad new H threads had to be started that were moderated by the OP to remove all the bashing from DJI shills. That OP also posts here from time to time under a different name. To this day there is a group of people dedicated to pimping DJI products while demeaning other products to boost the DJI image. Based on comparing their writing styles a couple of them post here under different names.

Reactions: RiverRunner
Glumick,

If you have the inclination, contact Aerial Alchemy down in the northern Los Angeles area. They custom build rigs to the user specifications, can carry almost anything, have a max all up weight up to 35lbs or so, and use flight controllers that are totally user flexible. Battery choice is wide open, as are payload choices. If you have seen any of the open sea whale videos of late the professional ones were done with Aerial Alchemy rigs. More often than not they are Y configuration hexacopters but they can be whatever you want. They also offer a drop and swap lift package that permits changing from a heavy lifter to light lifter of smaller dimensions by changing the arms, motors, and props in a plug and play manner. They are not cheap but you get what you pay for and they are constantly expandable, accepting components from many manufacturers. The owners name is Chuck and if it's not high quality he won't have it on his rigs. He also has a very long history with the motion picture industry and well understands the needs of the aerial videographer. Oh, there are no NFZ or GEO functions on his stuff. He believes a licensed professional is qualified to read maps and make their own decisions.

Not trying to down talk the tools those of us in here use, but if someone is looking for a truly professional rig that's durable and flexible what we have falls far short of what could be had.

Glumick,

If you have the inclination, contact Aerial Alchemy down in the northern Los Angeles area. They custom build rigs to the user specifications, can carry almost anything, have a max all up weight up to 35lbs or so, and use flight controllers that are totally user flexible. Battery choice is wide open, as are payload choices. If you have seen any of the open sea whale videos of late the professional ones were done with Aerial Alchemy rigs. More often than not they are Y configuration hexacopters but they can be whatever you want. They also offer a drop and swap lift package that permits changing from a heavy lifter to light lifter of smaller dimensions by changing the arms, motors, and props in a plug and play manner. They are not cheap but you get what you pay for and they are constantly expandable, accepting components from many manufacturers. The owners name is Chuck and if it's not high quality he won't have it on his rigs. He also has a very long history with the motion picture industry and well understands the needs of the aerial videographer. Oh, there are no NFZ or GEO functions on his stuff. He believes a licensed professional is qualified to read maps and make their own decisions.

Not trying to down talk the tools those of us in here use, but if someone is looking for a truly professional rig that's durable and flexible what we have falls far short of what could be had.

You know your absolutely right that custom rigs offer alot too but we priced a build up recently and like it or lump it unless you build say an m600, s900 a3 dji hex etc you are sacrificing alot of functionality in the air. I moan about there issues but other companies sadly do need to work harder to match them at the moment.

Im praying yuneec finally offer a professional system external to the tx soon and redundancy with gps,imus etc like the a3 system. Plus of course a good mbps and raw camera option.Or even custom build options like dji do hint hint ;)

I honestly am thinking of purchasing a h right now also for nvdi mapping. For the spec sheet and cost its coming in best as a rig to run external mapping.

As an aside, I think we're beginning to see the end of custom rigs. The commercial rigs now are more and more capable, and have the benefit of predictable engineering and construction and readily exchanged parts. Add in dealers who can swap you in a replacement at very short notice, and you have to have a good reason to go for a custom rig.

We're not there yet, but companies that offer long term commitments to mounts, controllers and so on will gain customers who don't want the unpredictability of built to order machines, or the conveyor belt of constant 'upgrades' when their existing kit meets their needs.

I'm not on that page at all. Whenever a base platform can be made where different payloads can be swapped on and off with only minor secondary software alterations we end up miles ahead of store bought stuff that requires the purchase of a new aircraft with each new widget released. Half the time you can't even use the batteries from the previous version in the new one. Buyers are getting seriously hosed in that area.

When you have a flight system proven to be reliable you should not be shelving it for one you have to work the bugs out of for several months because you changed a camera or GPS unit. With Pixhawk and PX4 type FC's the only things left on the table are Apps, but both the aforementioned FC's have an abundance of flight modes and programability to easily offset the Apps.

If you really think it is not organized by DJI, you are just not paying attention.
I'm paying attention. I hate to tell you but these forums represent the tiny itsy bitsy little bit of what is out in the market place and YouTube, YuneecPilots, PhantomPilots, DJI.com, regroups.com or even TechCrunch and the winners and losers of CES are not what make the company.

What does more than even customer service?

Quality, business, and marketing all of which DJI does 1000000000x better than Yuneec.

First of all, I have no dog in this race. I own a Typhoon H and I love it but it's not even CLOSE to as good as even my Phantom 3A (not P) A. My Phantom 3A takes a better picture and gets better range than my Typhoon H.

I enjoy the form factor and the ST16 of the H and thats where it ends and since I have a minimum of 3 UASs that can get as good or better picture than it, I would keep my H over it. The only reason I keep the H at all is because a) I pretty much keep all of my working birds and b) I enjoy flying it more than the Phantom. Just on a pure "fun to fly" level (which by the way is a thing for me, I am a photographer, but I do actually enjoy flying). I also own the Q500 and hate it so much that I want to crash it. It's video ability is embarrassing and it flies like a turtle with a broken leg.

I have pretty much the product line for both companies and I will most likely get the 520. I am PATIENTLY waiting for Yuneec to come out with a good camera. I have resigned to the fact that the H will not have the processing power to have a good camera but I am having hopes for the 520, we will see.

The Tornado is horrible. And if you want to talk about ethics, the year 2016, that Yuneec really won best in show at CES (not the 520 which some non-heard of periodical who wanted publicity called it BIS), they were using Intel sensors on the wall and it was obvious to anyone that knew what they were looking at and were just fooling the public so let's all just settle down about poor little Yuneec. They would go for DJI's jugular if they knew how and believe me they are trying.

Here is the reason that DJI is at the top of the heap and it's because of Internet trolls.

This is the real reason and they don't even get into quality of product and innovation. They discuss they oft scoffed at DJI confusing the market place by canobolizing their own products. What people don't get is if someone buys a Mavic instead of a P4 the money still goes to DJI so canoboliozing is a bad thing in the US because of the way business works here but in ZchenZhen its a different story. They are putting out American companies because the Chinese are used to having to work quick on their feet because their IP laws are different then ours and they need to innovate on top of innovation and DJI is doing it at a pace that I have never seen in my 142 years. If you have a Typhoon H, you have a VERY GOOD quality UAS, and should not be upset but DJI is a better company from a business stand point for these reasons and it is my opinion they make better products, although the customer service lags BIG TIME but I think that is a product of expanding too fast and also probably has a lot to do with their firmware issues that always reach an equilibrium. One day soon, an American company will buy Yuneec (probably Apple even though everyone thinks it will be DJI they buy) but DJI is rapidly becoming one of the most valued companies in the world and might not want to sell. When an American company gets a hold of a good UAS company, and they will, that's when the fun will really begin. We, DJI, are just getting started.

How DJI has crushed the consumer drone industry, and the rivals that could still take flight

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop