Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Double photos sd card

Reaction score
I just bought a H Plus and have 2 thumbnail photo lines on my sd card. One has the photo the other does not. My setting is on JPEG only not JPEG and raw.
Any ideas of why this is happening? I don’t have this issue on my H Pro. Every shot produced 2 lines on my sd card.
With Phantom now history, you might think Yuneec would sell more units. The only real midsized drone.
Thank you,
Bill Dunnuck

I do not know why you are getting 2 lines on the SD card... my suggestion in reading that thread, is that until the JPG quality issue is resolved in a future update... that you only shoot DNGs and then after the flight, use any number of programs, to do a high quality JPG conversion.

If you do not use the original JPGs generated in the C23 (because of their low quality), any writing anomalies in that format become moot.

I do not know why you are getting 2 lines on the SD card... my suggestion in reading that thread, is that until the JPG quality issue is resolved in a future update... that you only shoot DNGs and then after the flight, use any number of programs, to do a high quality JPG conversion.

If you do not use the original JPGs generated in the C23 (because of their low quality), any writing anomalies in that format become moot.
The problem is that I don’t do any post work. Not set up for that. Also not necessary with my Evo and MP1. Wasn’t necessary on my H Pro either. I am deleting the second line but would rather not have to do that. I work with iPads. No computer. Can you do post work on the iPad?

I am actually only familiar with Photoshop, among the choices on that list... I do know from feedback on the board, that Lightroom is also highly recommended. I'll let others chime in who may have previous experience with the other programs listed.

As far as other brands of equipment... there is NO brand of sUAV that produces output that cannot be improved in post. Of course that becomes a decision of your client and their level of satisfaction with your work.

Quite a selection. Any suggestions? Should be fairly easy for my level of ability. ?
If my setting is on JPG and Raw, I get 3 lines. Weird. Setting on JPG I get 2 lines. Also, there is no photo on the Raw line. Should there be? How do you import the Raw photo to a program like Lightroom?

Reactions: Louis924
I will defer to a current Plus owner... @Ty Pilot ? Bueller? Bueller?

So when you are viewing the SD card files on your computer, DNG files do not show up? To my knowledge, DNG files should not be OS specific...

Best is to create a file on your computer, download your video and pics into that file.
From there you import to LR.

I will defer to a current Plus owner... @Ty Pilot ? Bueller? Bueller?

So when you are viewing the SD card files on your computer, DNG files do not show up? To my knowledge, DNG files should not be OS specific...
One of the 3 lines has raw written where the photo normally is located. It will not open. The 3rd line will not open either. Weird huh?

I'll defer to current Plus owners... without a camera in front of me, it's all speculation.

Thanks. You are the only one responding. And, I took a shower tonight. ? Maybe I should start over again?
Bill

If you have dng+jpg selected, three files will be written to the sd card. The DNG, the JPG and a THM file. The THM is a thumbnail which is used to generate a small pic in the preview window on the right for jpg and mp4 files.
If you record video, two additional files are created for each video. The MP4 and a LRS file which is a smaller 720p video file.

So 3 files are created for each video file.

Last edited:
If you have dng+jpg selected, three files will be written to the sd card. The DNG, the JPG and a THM file. The THM is a thumbnail which is used to generate a small pic in the preview window on the right for jpg and mp4 files.
If you record video, two additional files are created for each video. The MP4 and a LRS file which is a smaller 720p video file.

View attachment 15809

So 3 files are created for each video file.

View attachment 15810
Bingo. Thank you Steve. When I try to open the raw file on my iPad I get an unsupported file message. How do I open the DNG file?
I have read that the JPG quality is not great so I need to use raw. I’m trying to do that. Never used raw on my H Pro.
BTW, I think the JPG looks pretty good. I shot the same subject with my Evo and older MP1 and the C-23 looks just as good. I doctored a few JPG shots in Lightroom on my iPad and they look really good. I would still like to use raw.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I am surprised that Lightroom is not opening the DNG (raw files) as that is an Adobe raw format.

I have zero issues opening the DNG’s produced in Lightroom, both LR Classic and LR CC.

Reactions: Louis924
@Bill Dunnuck one thing that I thought of, at least until the primary issue is resolved...

If you take the extra step of getting a free image conversion program, you can change the file format to something that may be more easily recognized... I would suggest converting the DNG files to uncompressed TIFF files... you will retain the original image quality that way.

I previously had Photoshop CS2 on my computer... and being before the introduction of the DNG format, I had to do this extra step to get a readable file... may possibly be a temporary solution for you as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers