Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Down Bird, The Sequal

Reaction score
So this morning i put the props on and thought id run the motors for 10 min to see if any get hot. This is the first attempt to fly the H after last weeks incident. Lift off, hover 30ft few seconds, looks stable so i fly a circle and come back to a hover. Within a minute, i get the the 5 rotor mode warning and again the H descends unresponsive to my inputs. Upon retrieval i noticed the front B motor hot, powered down the H and came in. Why wasn't i able to maintain flight in 5 rotor mode?

So this morning i put the props on and thought id run the motors for 10 min to see if any get hot. This is the first attempt to fly the H after last weeks incident. Lift off, hover 30ft few seconds, looks stable so i fly a circle and come back to a hover. Within a minute, i get the the 5 rotor mode warning and again the H descends unresponsive to my inputs. Upon retrieval i noticed the front B motor hot, powered down the H and came in. Why wasn't i able to maintain flight in 5 rotor mode?
The five rotor mode is a fail safe , it wants you to land , was not meant to fly like that . I also suspect that what ever is causing that motor to get hot is making you loose control of the aircraft . I would replace that motor and see what happens.

I know when I forgot to put one prop on the bird took off and got a few feet off the ground , gave me the five rotor error message and landed itself .

Two incidents in a week... same motor? No pun intended... that motor is toast... replace that arm.

Telemetry below. 3 of the 6 arms dont lock any more. The metal clip can be removed. Is there a simple fix.

Attachments

• telemetry_00044.txt
    718.2 KB · Views: 17
I wonder, from where the 5 rotor mode message comes. The copter descents first. Then later on as it hits the ground the motor status went from all OK to Motor 1 off. That's what expected if it hits the ground.
If one motor is hot, then this may be the reason why it goes down so fast. But this is not indicated in the telemetry file. Sad.
ScreenshotSchnellanalyse_1.png

The clips for the arms can be replaced:
Ausleger_05.jpg
I hope, this is what you mean. However, the counterpart of the flat spring is also available as replacement part.
Ausleger_02.jpg

br HE

If i remember correctly, when i noticed the h descending i looked at the 16 and saw the red 5 rotor warning flashing. pushed up on my left stick, nothing. Thanks for the info on the spring, how would i know if i need the counterpart also.

If i need to replace a motor, can i just buy a motor or replace the arm and motor as an assembly.

The five rotor mode is a fail safe , it wants you to land , was not meant to fly like that . I also suspect that what ever is causing that motor to get hot is making you loose control of the aircraft . I would replace that motor and see what happens.

I know when I forgot to put one prop on the bird took off and got a few feet off the ground , gave me the five rotor error message and landed itself .

When i noticed the 5 roror mode warning the h was on its way down, no response from inputs by st16. Is there any way to test operating systems on the groung after i fix whats needed.

If i remember correctly, when i noticed the h descending i looked at the 16 and saw the red 5 rotor warning flashing. pushed up on my left stick, nothing. Thanks for the info on the spring, how would i know if i need the counterpart also.

If i need to replace a motor, can i just buy a motor or replace the arm and motor as an assembly.
I think it’s been posted that’s it’s a lot easier to replace the whole arm .

When i noticed the 5 roror mode warning the h was on its way down, no response from inputs by st16. Is there any way to test operating systems on the groung after i fix whats needed.
Have you tried the GUI hooked up to a pc .

The videos you need can be found here. Removing the top shell; Removing the motor leads; Removing the motor arm; Replacing the spring clips.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scan02