Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drifting while yawing

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed there Typhoon H no longer yawing smoothly in each direction? I have noticed with the latest firmware my H will no longer smoothly yaw around its axis. It wants to wander several feet outside it's circumference. It almost seems it is getting some right stick input while it is attempting to yaw, and it is worse while yawing counter clockwise. Any thoughts?

Has anyone noticed there Typhoon H no longer yawing smoothly in each direction? I have noticed with the latest firmware my H will no longer smoothly yaw around its axis. It wants to wander several feet outside it's circumference. It almost seems it is getting some right stick input while it is attempting to yaw, and it is worse while yawing counter clockwise. Any thoughts?
Try the calibrations again. In particular do the accelerometer calibration on a very level surface. I use my kitchen counter-top which I know to be level.

Yes mine is doing the same thing. I checked my trims, did a calibration, accelerometer calibration, but no difference.. Also, I don't know if it is just by a chance of luck but at night out in front of my house, it will try to drift off quickly, and the only way I can get it to stop is to go to return to home mode, then put it back in Angle mode. The biggest thing that I noticed is when it was in Obstacle avoidance mode, and Watch Me, it had only one tree in it's view, and it ran right into it's outer branch. It shook itself off and did not crash, but WTF, it could not see that big azz branch. It appeared to stop along side of the branch then moved laterally onto the branch.

Yes mine is doing the same thing. I checked my trims, did a calibration, accelerometer calibration, but no difference.. Also, I don't know if it is just by a chance of luck but at night out in front of my house, it will try to drift off quickly, and the only way I can get it to stop is to go to return to home mode, then put it back in Angle mode. The biggest thing that I noticed is when it was in Obstacle avoidance mode, and Watch Me, it had only one tree in it's view, and it ran right into it's outer branch. It shook itself off and did not crash, but WTF, it could not see that big azz branch. It appeared to stop along side of the branch then moved laterally onto the branch.
If you used the trim switch near the right stick you actually put it into a drift. That is not for trim. It is for slow flying in a given direction depending on which trim buttons you push.

See this video:

Reactions: chimpax
If you used the trim switch near the right stick you actually put it into a drift. That is not for trim. It is for slow flying in a given direction depending on which trim buttons you push.

See this video:

No, I meant I check to ensure that all trims were centered before taking off..

Ahh...okay. By trim I'm guessing you mean the sticks. You should not be getting drift. If you are then it's time to narrow down the problem. Have you checked all the sticks, switches and sliders in Harware monitor? How many satellites are showing for the ST16 and the H? What procedure do you follow when you boot the H?

Hey @Tecneek, where did you go? We're trying to help you sort out this issue. How long have you owned the H? How many flights have you made? Do you have any videos posted?

So where do you stand with this problem?

I have noticed with the latest firmware my H will no longer smoothly yaw around its axis. It wants to wander several feet outside it's circumference. It almost seems it is getting some right stick input while it is attempting to yaw, and it is worse while yawing counter clockwise. Any thoughts?

Go into "About Controller", write down the version numbers of your firmware, and kindly post that for us, so we can help.

Last report from you was in September, so it must have flown to suit you since then.

Go into "About Controller", write down the version numbers of your firmware, and kindly post that for us, so we can help.

Last report from you was in September, so it must have flown to suit you since then.

This is version V3.04 firmware ( March )

Last edited:
Rain at my location yesterday evening do I did not get to test out new calibrations.
This is version V3.04 firmware ( March )
Ok. That is the latest firmware. One thing you can do inside is check the ST16 in Hardware Monitor. Run the sticks to max in each direction and watch the readings. They should return to neutral when centered.

Ok. That is the latest firmware. One thing you can do inside is check the ST16 in Hardware Monitor. Run the sticks to max in each direction and watch the readings. They should return to neutral when centered.

I will try that in a bit. Thanks for the help!

20170418_194613.jpg This may be something... This is the Hardware monitor focusing on J3 (elevator) stick. It does not want to come back to center. Any ideas?

Time to calibrate the ST16. Follow the video below. Make certain you put the camera tilt slider (left side) and the turtle-rabbit slider (right side) in the center position before proceeding to the next step.

View attachment 5802 This may be something... This is the Hardware monitor focusing on J3 (elevator) stick. It does not want to come back to center. Any ideas?

Thanks Steve! I did the calibration on the ST 16 and now the Hardware Monitor shows everything is centering and has full range of movement. Previously I didn't have full range of movement on that elevator portion of the stick in either direction. Hopefully this will help my issue.

I am wondering though how can the ST16 unit can become un-calibrated? I have never dropped it or had the back off of it... I guess I will add checking the Hardware Monitor to my preflight checklist.

I am wondering though how can the ST16 unit can become un-calibrated? I have never dropped it or had the back off of it... I guess I will add checking the Hardware Monitor to my preflight checklist.
I'm anxious to see if it flies the way you expect. As far as the calibration on the ST16, it's rarely needed unless you see a problem. It's one of those mysteries of electronics. My phone may go 2 weeks with no problems and then it starts draining the battery. Reboot and it's good again. The phone and the ST16 are about the same price but the ST16 has a lot more going on inside.

I'm anxious to see if it flies the way you expect. As far as the calibration on the ST16, it's rarely needed unless you see a problem. It's one of those mysteries of electronics. My phone may go 2 weeks with no problems and then it starts draining the battery. Reboot and it's good again. The phone and the ST16 are about the same price but the ST16 has a lot more going on inside.

Steve thanks for your help! For the first time since I have owned this Typhoon I can honestly say it is flying the way I hoped it would. I had two wonderful flight last evening and it performed flawlessly. There is no telling how long my ST16 needed calibrating, and I wished it would have done this months ago. Thanks again for the help!!!

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio