Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone controls a little too touchy... adjustable???

Reaction score
Hi, I am a new Yunnec owner and just received my Typhoon H a couple of weeks ago, so I am still getting the hang of it. My past experience has been flying QAV 500's, but I decided to have a go at a production model. I was blown away with the features and cost of the Typhoon H. I had considered a DJI P3 in the past, but the permanent landing gear was always a deal killer for me. I have been happy with everything except the Aileron and Pitch controls seem to be a little touchy. I am used to just barely tilting the stick and the drone starts into a nice, easy, slow tilt. The H doesn't seem to respond much until you have pushed the stick almost 30% before it starts tilting and then when it does, it is a rather drastic tilt. The gimbal makes it to where it doesn't show up on the video, but it makes it hard if you are trying to make a slow, smooth dolly shot. There is an extremely fine line of how far to tilt the stick and when you find the tilt, it is such a small median that it doesn't take much to get the drone to start rocking. I see that there is a section to manually adjust these controls and I am going to start experimenting, but I wanted to find out if anyone else had this problem and if there had been quick fixes to remedy this problem.
Thanks!

Are you flying in turtle mode or rabbit?
Turtle mode is somewhat as you described, rabbit mode is more responsive.

I've had the same experience. There have been a couple other threads, but no solution, except to turn off gps. Apparently this makes smooth control possible, but isn't really practical.

Pitch is still too responsive in turtle mode. However if you want easy smooth control of pan and tilt it is easier to fly a route in CCC mode. that allows you to pan and tilt with the right stick. The H only flies at 12mph max in that mode but it makes filming nice and easy.

Reactions: yuneec53

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval