Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone crashed

Reaction score
Can anybody help me explain why when iTake off, my Typhoon q500 loses control and gets crazy in the air? Yesterday iCrashed against a house pole. I was flying in an open field but could not control it since iTook off and it went all crazy until finally crashed into pieces. Broken body, broken propelers (4), smashed 4K camera (hopefully its okay). Any ideas or suggestions? Should iGet GPS location every time iWant to fly? They told me is not necessary to do the ubication manually. Who can advice?

Lots of basic places to start: Make sure compass calibration is done from where you're taking off, make sure GPS is locked in, try keeping at least 30' away during takeoff and fly in manual mode. Does this happen every time? Or in the same general location? Do you have full control for any length of time or does it just go up and appear to loose control? Do you maintain any partial control? Any extreme RF sources close by that you can see (towers, radar, dishes)? Hope you had micro SD card in your ST10 to record telemetry data.
Bought my Q500 end of August 2016. Went into shop November due to "day one" control/flight issues resulting in crash. Actually JUST got the final repaired piece back (camera and gimbal) yesterday. May 5th. Will be charging up the stored batteries and may be able to test fly if weather breaks.

Good stuff from Rick....
We really need some more input from you to help. Answers to Ricks questions will help.
Are you familiar with the "Geo Fence" and how that works ? If your in "Smart mode" and try to take of when your to close to the drone, it can appear to be erratic and can actually be dangerous if your not ready for it.
Advise you launch in "Angle" mode and switch to "Smart" mode after your in the air if that's the mode you want to fly in.

See this post I made just yesterday....
Range and limits

Is your firmware current for both the Box and Q ?
Did you calibrate "ALL" before your flight ? "All" being your compass and accelerometer ?
Do you have a sat lock showing in the box and do you see sats showing for the Q in the box ?
Hook up to the GUI and confirm everything is working before your next flight. Not needed every time but will help us evaluate the current issue....
Are you familiar with the hidden menu in the box ? If not...learn about it. Once you figure it out, calibrate your controls in the box.
Feed us some more details for better help.
:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz