Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone Firmware - Firmware Typhoon H STD V3.03

Reaction score
  • Add IMU preheating function when IMU temperature is too low and limit takeoff during preheating
  • Improve the land in Home mode
  • Fix the GUI altitude issue

First of all, a lot of us are techie alright, but not in all places.
"Add IMU preheating function when IMU temperature is too low and LIMIT TAKEOFF during preheating"
I don't remember anything about having a problem being able to take-off because of a low temperature, would be nice if they explained a scenario for dummies. Is this what caused my bird to drift on cold days after taking off, what was the problem, and what was fixed in this firmware - in layman terms.. i.e., "this firmware will improve a possibility of drifting in the cold".

"Improve the land in Home mode"
Improve what, how, so it can come down slower, so that it can function better when landing in wind, can we have a little more, information, what is the goal, do we need to know about this..

"Fix the GUI altitude issue"
I assume this means giving us the control to manage the 400 foot cap.

Can someone elaborate...

Reactions: prathbun
Well on the Fix the GUI altitude, yes I can state that they do allow you to set higher ceilings now, and yes its in the GUI interface that you can do this. I haven't any other issue with temperature I live in Arizona it's never cold here. And home mode cant answer as I get it close and then return to manual mode for the landings ...

Well on the Fix the GUI altitude, yes I can state that they do allow you to set higher ceilings now, and yes its in the GUI interface that you can do this.

Is that independent of the FAA waiver? From what I understood was you still needed it. Or am I totally behind the times?

Yes, it's putting the responsibility on the pilot to fly safely - you are for sure able to cross into FAA airspace - but need to be responsible, I wouldn't want an accident where some small plane flies into the drone, so to answer your question yes you do not need the waiver but need to be aware of the risks.

Yes, it's putting the responsibility on the pilot to fly safely - you are for sure able to cross into FAA airspace - but need to be responsible, I wouldn't want an accident where some small plane flies into the drone, so to answer your question yes you do not need the waiver but need to be aware of the risks.

That's interesting. I'm more curious as to why they would bypass that step. It seems it would help keep accountability of the pilots. And keep their hind end out of hot water. All it takes is for a couple knuckle-heads NOT have awareness, then it's brought to the spotlight and new regulations are put into place.

Right, because the advantages diminish the drone does NOT have zoom capable so whatever you're shooting is from that level - difficult to make a call on that but I guess with the other sensors that are feeding info back to the software it may have been difficult to prevent the drone from dropping out of the sky when you launch from elevations higher then 400' and then fly out say over a canyon and the sonar is reading infinity below it. It might confuse the aircraft and cause all sorts of other software issues. It's probably a feature that's a well kept secret for that reason, I had flown mine up to 575 feet briefly but only after checking the immediate airspace using a Flight Radar24 cell phone app.

I'm glad it was mentioned. I hadn't heard of it before. I just downloaded it. That is nice. I'm definitely going to be using this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace