Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone Insurance, who has it? 107 will need it.

Hi David

Flyaways are covered, so if the you are flying within your coverage area and experience a flyaway, you are still protected against any third party damage.

See this faq.
Thanks!
I don't fly commercially. (Although that may change...)
I also generally find a fairly remote field to fly.
But, I have downloaded the app, just in case.

I'm sure it's been said without reading the whole thread but the 107 required insurance is for liability, not for protection of your gear.

Where in Part 107 does it state an insurance requirement? I have not been able to find that.

That's the point I was trying to make by posing it as a question. Foolish not to have it but not a requirement under the law. Writing "the 107 required insurance" was not an accurate reflection of the law.

Hi Brandon

Just wanted to chime in to share that Verifly does cover flyaways.

We also hope to add coverage for the drone (hull insurance) at some point in the future.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Cheers
David

Shame you're not setup yet for all states - Illinois is not yet allowed....:eek:

Neither is Missouri, I tried to buy a policy while there huntingvthis past weekend and found that out. That hurts, I'm in Missouri a lot.

Thanks PPS

Really appreciate your support. I can chime in with a couple points. In addition to longer coverage periods, we are also adding a larger coverage area option and an option for increased liability insurance for customers who want a limit higher than $1m.

On cell coverage, today you do need either a cell signal or wifi access to purchase a policy. We are working on pre-purchase options to remove this requirement. The workaround today is if the site has no connectivity but somewhere nearby does, you could go where you have cell or wifi connectivity, select the area where you want to fly, start the policy and then drive to where you want to fly. You'll lose a little time in transit but it's a workaround for today.

Thanks for your support.
David

David,

Please shoot me a PM on how to purchase coverage using wifi connectivity if I have no cell coverage on my phone...... Sometime's I'm out in the sticks but need coverage and would like to keep using your service.

Cheers!
Mike

I am thinking this thread is about insurance for commercial use, but some of the replies are referring to non-commercial use, so for that, why not just join the AMA? For $75 a year, you get $2.5m of liability coverage. That, plus my State Farm policy ($49/yr), which covers me for lost, damaged or stolen drone, I am pretty much covered all around.

David,

Please shoot me a PM on how to purchase coverage using wifi connectivity if I have no cell coverage on my phone...... Sometime's I'm out in the sticks but need coverage and would like to keep using your service.

Cheers!
Mike

I need to purchase a policy for an area without mobile Internet access. What are my options? - Verifly Support

When we have prebooking this will be easier, but for now we recommend buying a long term policy (4-8 hours) before you leave for the site for a large enough area (up to 2 miles) to get in all your shots.

Best,

Jay

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval