Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone Typhoon H Aquiring

You can measure the voltage if you want.
I just did it:
When the drone was cold (not used for a couple of days) the battery indicated 1.65V, as soon as I turn on the drone the voltage rises almost immediately to 2.32V.
After 5 minutes the voltage has reached 2.58V, after 10 minutes voltage value is at 2,61V and rises very very slowly...0,01V every 2~3 seconds.
If I disconnect power, the battery voltage low down back to less than 2.00 volts in few minutes.

What do you think? Do I need to replace the battery?
I think so, because its nominal value is 3V.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
I just did it:
When the drone was cold (not used for a couple of days) the battery indicated 1.65V, as soon as I turn on the drone the voltage rises almost immediately to 2.32V.
After 5 minutes the voltage has reached 2.58V, after 10 minutes voltage value is at 2,61V and rises very very slowly...0,01V every 2~3 seconds.
If I disconnect power, the battery voltage low down back to less than 2.00 volts in few minutes.

What do you think? Do I need to replace the battery?
I think so, because its nominal value is 3V.
I just repeated your test, and the results were very similar. This Typhoon H had not been powered up for a few weeks. The "cold" voltage was 1.74v. The voltage jumped to 2.4v when the drone was powered on and began a slow increase in voltage at about the same rate you described. GPS was acquired within a minute or so.

This comparison is not conclusive, of course, but certainly suggests your battery is normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Steve Carr
Thank you for your comparison test. At this point I've to suppose that this battery behavior is normal, there's also a video on YT showing the same values.
I'll go on investigating what caused that malfunction, because the drone now flies normally and gps lock takes around 1~2 minutes from startup.

The battery manufacturer's data is uploaded somewhere in the forum. The battery is not 3V chemistry.

Anyway...today I took out from the backpack my H for a flight (after a couple of weeks of rainy and windy weather): the GPS tooks almost 10 minutes to lock, remains into "acquiring" still if 14 satellites were already acquired.
Then, I got the "ready", but after a couple of minutes goes back into "acquiring" for about 45 seconds.
Into this state, the tail light flashes 3 times fast in blue (or violet?) color.
This happens 3 times, in total I'd to wait about 15~20 min. before take off, then it flew normally.
At the second and third battery, the gps lock was immediate.
Oddly, disabling gps the motors don't spin.
The yaw deviation is not present.
Ideas?

Try tomorrow how fast it will be ready. If this happens in less than a minute your battery is OK.

Reactions: Pier2162
Is this what we call "almanac refresh"?
Most likely so. Sometimes there are issues related to the location, local weather, solar conditions, on board flight controller issues, and probably more.
But if the drone has been in storage for a few months the first thought would be to give it a little while with the drone powered on and a good view of the sky so it can get itself back up to date.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy