Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone won't hover on the spot, but creeps forward.

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for this problem. The drone has flown perfectly up until now. Now it creeps forward when it shouldn't be moving. Any Ideas?

Have a great day.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this problem. The drone has flown perfectly up until now. Now it creeps forward when it shouldn't be moving. Any Ideas?

Have a great day.
Exactly as @Cdnpilot says. Do an accelerometer calibration. Put the Q on a very level surface. Once you turn it on, don't touch it. Then use the ST10 to do the calibration.

Always boot the Q on a level spot and never touch it after you turn it on. This seems to help a great deal with stability.

Reactions: Q500 Düsseldorf
Another possible reason: ST10 sticks needs calibration. I did it not so long ago and it solved a problem with left stick.
If so you would see it in FlightLogs, Remote_xxxxx.csv. If all stick in neutral position, then the value in CH0, CH1, CH2 and CH3 must be 2048.0. Other values for neutral (Mittelstellung) points to problem with stick calibration.

Viele Grüße HE

Good point. The right stick may need calibration. That is easy to check using the Hardware Monitor. But most of the time, if there is a problem with the sticks, it's oxidation on the internal contacts. Only way to fix that is with electrical contact cleaner (the safe for plastic kind).
But first do the accelerometer cal to see if it solves the problem.

I calibrate my Q500 4k everyone I fly, wait for at least 13 satellites before starting up the bird, and never fly in winds above 15km/hr. I never have drift. Safety first boys and girls. The laws against drone flying are already tight and getting worse with every idiot that flies in areas that are restricted. The Q500 geo fence also had write a few beginner crashes as it doesn't let the drone within a 20 foot radius of transmitter. I have seen people starting their drone in smart mode without any satellites and smack their drone into a car or garage because the drone is trying to create that safe distance.

Well, thanks for the suggestions. It was, indeed, the right stick of the controller. I calibrated it and it hangs in the air as if it's nailed. Thanks all.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me