Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Evaluating a used typhoon h

Reaction score
How can I determine if this is usable or only good for parts? I've repaired the gimble and it seems to be functional now period but I don't know whether it's safe to let this bird take off help please!

How can I determine if this is usable or only good for parts? I've repaired the gimble and it seems to be functional now period but I don't know whether it's safe to let this bird take off help please!
Remove camera. That's important for first few flights.
Check Hardware Monitor / Final output display to ensure no corrosion on control pots.
Find a big open area.
Use a short, light rope. Make a harness and attach it to a heavy anchor.
Let it idle on the ground for a minute to see if anything looks strange.
Lift off and let it hover until the battery gets low. If it starts acting on it's own, land it.

Remove camera. That's important for first few flights.
Check Hardware Monitor / Final output display to ensure no corrosion on control pots.
Find a big open area.
Use a short, light rope. Make a harness and attach it to a heavy anchor.
Let it idle on the ground for a minute to see if anything looks strange.
Lift off and let it hover until the battery gets low. If it starts acting on it's own, land it.
That sounds like a sane approach to a flight test... thank you very much

Check internal resistance of battery before take off.

If flight logs on ST16 still available I would look when was the last flight, how many flights or how frequent this thing was flown. Are there any crashes and how often.
You can use q500log2kml overview page to get a first impression. Crashes will be marked with maroon color.

br HE

Check internal resistance of battery before take off.

If flight logs on ST16 still available I would look when was the last flight, how many flights or how frequent this thing was flown. Are there any crashes and how often.
You can use q500log2kml overview page to get a first impression. Crashes will be marked with maroon color.

br HE
Asa I started viewing tracks with the flight log parser, I encountered a number of records that had no associated map tracks. It seems that on most of the flights the craft was only turned on for some reason, but not fown. On a fair number of the last flights before I acquired the Typhoonj H, loading the log crashed the parser. I also got messages about connecting to the network when first loading the entry. I got to thinking that maybe the OS is out of date, since I could not access the Play Store. Does the OS ned to be updated, and if so, is there a particular build that will fix these woes?

.... Does the OS ned to be updated, and if so, is there a particular build that will fix these woes?
Updates on Yuneec Drones are not something you should take lightly.
It's been years since an update has been issued for the Typhoon H.
These are the current versions:
Latest Firmware Screen.jpg

It is not a good idea to access the Play Store, even if it works. You might want to review this thread:

These instructions can be used if you want to post your flight logs to the Forum for review:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook