Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Excited to be here

Reaction score
Just joined today and wanted to say hello. I got my TH in December and have been enjoying it ever since.
Opportunities to fly have been few with the winter weather, but spring is coming!
So far I've had no negative experiences or incidents to report, the TH flies very well, and I'm very happy with it.
Taking exceptional video with it has escaped me so far, but I imagine there is a learning curve.

Welcome and I see you have been busy already. Getting good video still escapes me as well, but I'm slowly getting better. Smooth flying helps a lot and avoid sudden yaw turns.
I fly frequently in the winter and I've never had a problem, just shorter flights. When it gets below 25 degrees my finger freeze quickly. I've flown often sitting in the side door of the van with the heat full blast.

Thanks Steve. It's not the cold, it's the rain. It almost never gets cold enough to snow or freeze here. I've seen news crews flying in the rain, but it's not something I'd want to try, water just can't be good for the H or the controller..
I've noticed from watching my own film, I'm turning and panning too fast, I'll have to practice on slowing things up a little bit. I'm also still a little in awe of all the different resolutions and frame rates. Lots of choice might be great for experienced film makers, but intimidating for those of us less experienced. Editing is also something of a mystery to me. Definitely more practice required there too.
I'm sure I can learn a lot here, and through the old trial and error method also.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Thanks Steve. It's not the cold, it's the rain. It almost never gets cold enough to snow or freeze here. I've seen news crews flying in the rain, but it's not something I'd want to try, water just can't be good for the H or the controller..
I've noticed from watching my own film, I'm turning and panning too fast, I'll have to practice on slowing things up a little bit. I'm also still a little in awe of all the different resolutions and frame rates. Lots of choice might be great for experienced film makers, but intimidating for those of us less experienced. Editing is also something of a mystery to me. Definitely more practice required there too.
I'm sure I can learn a lot here, and through the old trial and error method also.
I fly when it's snowing but never in rain. Maybe fog or a light mist is okay. I'm always concerned about the camera getting wet inside. I stay away from fast frame rates. I use 24fps or 30fps and that has worked well.

I fly when it's snowing but never in rain. Maybe fog or a light mist is okay. I'm always concerned about the camera getting wet inside. I stay away from fast frame rates. I use 24fps or 30fps and that has worked well.

I believe I've been shooting 60fps at 1080p, but I'd have to double check to be sure. I'll try a slower frame rate and see what it looks like. Thanks for the tip.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Yuneec quadcopter’s. If your new to RC aircraft be sure to read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy!

Reactions: Randy P

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal