Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Exif data issues

Reaction score
Hi all

I took a series of photos (247) and imported them to agisoft photoscan and once they are imported, the ground plane appears above the model and the altitude shows a negative value. For some time I thought this was my issue but I loaded some of the jpegs directly into exif pilot to read the exif meta data and for some reason my typhoon H seems to have defaulted to recording height at below sea level.
To change 247 pics manually is a **** of a task.

Is anyone aware of any settings we could change in the craft so that it defaults to altitude above sea level??
d6bff3dc9f497da2eff468dc7920b66c.jpg
e302acf778916c81871b8da4c2e1e913.jpg

Hi.

Yep, is a known issue with JPEG EXIF data and I believe that Yuneec know about it. If you capture as DNG then the readings will be above sea level.

There are a few tools out there that you can run the images through and adapt the geotag- EXIFTOOL is pretty good although it takes a bit of learning to get it working. There are easier ones!

Cheers.

Reactions: Graeme Buckley
Hi.

Yep, is a known issue with JPEG EXIF data and I believe that Yuneec know about it. If you capture as DNG then the readings will be above sea level.

There are a few tools out there that you can run the images through and adapt the geotag- EXIFTOOL is pretty good although it takes a bit of learning to get it working. There are easier ones!

Cheers.
Excellent I will just take in dng in future, yes I had a look at exif tool with command prompts etc, I'm sure it is easier once used to it, but hey if this works I won't need to get used to it [emoji23][emoji23][emoji106] thanks for letting me know

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval