Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FAA Extends Remote ID Enforcement Date to 16 March 2024

GFields

Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
digitalphotocreations.co
FAA Extends Remote ID Enforcement Date Six Months

Drone pilots who are unable to comply with the broadcast requirement of the Remote ID Rule will now have until March 16, 2024, to equip their aircraft. After that date, operators could face fines and suspension or revocation of pilot certificates.
In making this decision, the FAA recognizes the unanticipated issues that some operators are experiencing finding some remote identification broadcast modules.
Drone pilots can meet this deadline by purchasing a standard Remote ID equipped drone from a manufacturer or purchasing a Remote ID broadcast module which can be affixed to existing drones that do not have Remote ID equipment.
Remote ID acts like a digital license plate and will help the FAA, law enforcement, and other federal agencies find the control station when a drone appears to be flying in an unsafe manner or where it is not allowed to fly.
Learn more here.
Also here

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
FAA Extends Remote ID Enforcement Date Six Months

Drone pilots who are unable to comply with the broadcast requirement of the Remote ID Rule will now have until March 16, 2024, to equip their aircraft. After that date, operators could face fines and suspension or revocation of pilot certificates.
In making this decision, the FAA recognizes the unanticipated issues that some operators are experiencing finding some remote identification broadcast modules.
Drone pilots can meet this deadline by purchasing a standard Remote ID equipped drone from a manufacturer or purchasing a Remote ID broadcast module which can be affixed to existing drones that do not have Remote ID equipment.
Remote ID acts like a digital license plate and will help the FAA, law enforcement, and other federal agencies find the control station when a drone appears to be flying in an unsafe manner or where it is not allowed to fly.
Learn more here.
Also here
Drone Pilots, I don't think i need Remote ID, i don't even think it would work where i live, the nearest big airport is 64 miles away, the nearest big city is 45 miles away, and i don't think Remote ID will work very well here, 9/7/2023 just having some fun flying at sundown. Remote ID or no Remote ID, I'll still fly for fun.typhoon H plus 3840 X 2169 -60 frames/second 4K

You may never get caught, but advertising your views on a forum that is scanned by every search engine used on the web may not be a very wise idea.

Remote ID has nothing to do with how far you are from airports, cities, stadiums, etc. It is a requirement if you fly in the NAS of the United States unless you operate within VLOS at a FRIA, or fly under §44809 with an aircraft that weighs under 250g.

Last week I took my Typhoon H for its last flight. There are no RID modules under $200, Where are the modules? The Yuneec pilot forums have gone almost quiet other than peeps trying to sell their hexacopters. This is a law that seperates Rich from Poor. I dont even know if I can legally sell it to buy a mini or something and if I can Im sure theres not much of a market for a large heavy hexacopter. HEY! BEZOS! send me an RID module! This is your Law, Help people out!

I use the HolyStone RID Module $89.

The extension was up this past Saturday. You must comply with the Remote ID regulations now or face possible charges.

Reactions: Yuneec Skins

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook