Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FAA Lost Court Case about registration for hobby operaters

Yeah, read that. I guess I'm kind of torn on this one. From the "I don't want the federal government telling me what to do camp" I get it. In fact all of my model planes and helis, were/are considered UASs and therefore subject to the FAA guidelines, not just drones. Makes sense but on another level it sort of bugged me that it included my model planes and helis. Back in the day a lot of people out of a sense of civil duty would join gun clubs, or the AMA (Association of Model Aeronautics) and get guidance and training in the proper use of their hobby, then go forth as ambassadors of the said hobby serving as a mature example to others. Kind of a nice civil way to self regulate. Also, back in the day it actually took skill to fly or shoot so not everyone did it. Drones today are essentially flying computers and don't really require any skill to speak of so it's sort of a free for all. Also, (don't everyone take offense, you know who you are, so be honest) as very few of us anymore have a sense of civil duty or responsibility to either learn, join a club, or get guidance of some kind before venturing out. There is sort of a just do it, entitlement mentality. I guess I sort of agree that the FAA should have a registration process given the culture and climate of today. The thing about laws and regulations is that they make civilization possible. I for one kind of like living in a civilized society or at least the appearance of one.

Reactions: spongella
"Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it. . . There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with." — in "Atlas Shrugged", 1957

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mexstoragesystem