Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FINALLY MODED MY BASE H480 & ST16 w/Hydro Dip

Sorry to re-post this but I ment for it to be in this discussion Ok so I want to start off by giving a big thanks to the Richard Gilmore & Terrestrial Imaging You Tube Videos.

I ended up doing the mods to both the H480 & ST16 as I owned the base model. It was very simple as I put a bunch of seat time in on the videos so when it came to doing the mods it seemed as if I had been doing them for years. Really though it was fairly simple. The package that Chris from Terrestrial Imaging sends out for $37.95 is perfect.
I also ended upgrading my Itelite DBS 2 portantenna to the 3 port 4 Hawk Raptor SR rangeextender. Both products are great so I don’t necessarily prefer one over the other as stated before they are both top of the line products.
With doing all of these other modifications I felt like I was missing one small thing. So I decided have my TH480 ,outer shell, and my cgo3+ all hydro dipped by “Fish Hook Hydro Graphics out of Sandusky Ohio”. Blake allowed me to come over and video him while he went through the Hydro dipping process of my Typhoon H. Blake is a gentleman and a scholar to say the least.
I’m just waiting on some decent weather to goout and do all of the calibrations and take it for a test flight after all of these modifications!
I hope you all approve and if not atleast I love itright? Thanks!

It looks cool but as PatR points out there are situations where it might be difficult to see.

I've had TH480 shells painted BRIGHT ORANGE. That helps he a lot here in NC when I'm flying against a background of trees.

With no disrespect intended whatsoever, it seems like everybody always looks at the glass as half empty here as of lately. Did you see ALL of the other mods I did by MYSELF, “ after hours of videos,reading, YuneecPilots insight,etc.
ALSO,Thankfully enough it comes equipped with 6 brightly colored marker lights that keep it visible in any situation I put myself in. I also spent $180 worth worth of Lume Cubes which are “ AWESOME”, anyways it’s still mainly black. Don’t let 6 fake tree branches make people think I painted invisible from top to bottom .lol! I just did all of this work as I’m a father,husband,hunter,construction worker with a full time job and have the winter off. So this allowed me time to put in these mods that I’ve always wanted “ to make my TH480 rock solid” plus picked at my brain a bit. Thanks still for your consideration and time as I know you all are great people. I follow your stories/ trial n errors all the time! Happy flying

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Plad