Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Finicky little drones...

Reaction score
Both my Q's are finicky little machines.Each with there own little quirks and issues.
I haven't flown my 4k in a few weeks and decided to take it out yesterday.
Fired it up and had no connection to the Control side of the box although wifi was working well.
A simple rebinding of the drone to the box fixed the issue.
No idea why I needed to rebind the bird. I flew it a few weeks ago and then put it away as I always have.
My other Q on occasion will lose it's firmware and needs to be reloaded.After that...all works well until the next firmware dump.Problem is you never know when it's going to happen.
I keep my mini laptop with me on the field now for just these issues.
The birds fly fine.Just getting them into the air can sometimes be an issue.
Finicky little drones.....

My question is how can this happen?

Hey... it's the damnedest thing when it happens. And again, you never know when.
I should rephraise or clarify a bit. This is my Q500+ . It's not actually losing the firmware or I doubt it would even start.
Reloading the firmware fixes my issue and the issue is always the same....
The last time it did it was a few months ago.Maybe ten flights ago. Typical for this particular drone.
I was out filming a few things and made two regular, everyday flights with no issues.
I packed up and moved about 100 yards and fired the Q back up.
As soon as I launched I knew right away there was an issue. It's about the 5th time now.
Left is Right and Right is Left. Forward is Reverse and Reverse is Forward. The Only thing that's not reversed is Up and Down. I almost wish it was too so I would know there was a problem before I launched.
Luckily, So far I've been able to recover and land with no issues so far but it's spooky as heck when it happens. No idea why it does this.
To go a bit farther... With my Q4k, A couple of times I've tried to connect and cant get the control portion to connect. Similar to my issue the other day....
One time when trying to evaluate the problem, I changed batteries. Don't ask me why but it connected just fine on the swapped battery.I used the first battery on the next flight with no other problems. This has happened one other time with this Q since then.
Changing the battery, for whatever reason (don't ask me why) has worked for me in the past
But of course.. not this last time when it needed to be rebound to the box. That's a whole other new issue I've not had before...but I do have thoughts.
I say again..."Finicky little drones".
:)

We'll that sucks. Its tough when it's intermittent. Not like you can show a tech to diagnose it. I'll make sure I keep an eye out for that when I get my refurbished one.
Lol.... Not to worry. You'll know right away if you have the same issue as me. lol
I doubt you will as I've not seen any other posts with my issue.
:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430