Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware for Typhoon H ?

I will get mine next week.... Hope the wifi power is enough for a resonable range to fly.... With the Q500 I got disconnected at a 300m :( Hope to get at least 500m....

Just received my H yesterday but did not fly to busy, but today I just tried a range test flight today and I went 619metres without any video signal loss whatsoever, but I chickened out going further as this was its only 2nd flight I believe it would have gone further still but that's another day, and this is with the European firmware version.

I did another test going about 200 metres out flying over some trees until line of sight was totally lost briefly between the Typhoon H and ST16 controller, the video signal froze as expected so I gave the H full throttle to climb above the tree line directly line of site was re-established between the Typhoon H and the ST16 controller the video signal became live again instantly so I was well pleased with my findings.

As you mentioned also my own Q500 4K would lose video signal easily and was never in a rush to reconnect again, I made the Q500 4K a lot better by upgrading the firmware to standard firmware, but you are probably aware you cant do this to the Typhoon H as it appears locked to the european firmware, but my findings confirm you should not have any trouble when you get your H and getting that distance you hoped for.

I hope someone can take a look at the firmware/programming and find the 'power setting' or the "25mW" somewhere. Change that to whatever is useful (125mW sounds way better).

Out in the field (open area) I still can only go about 200m far. Whilst needing a shot that requires 400m... It was windy though, maybe the WiFi get blown away :p

I hope someone can take a look at the firmware/programming and find the 'power setting' or the "25mW" somewhere. Change that to whatever is useful (125mW sounds way better).
Out in the field (open area) I still can only go about 200m far. Whilst needing a shot that requires 400m... It was windy though, maybe the WiFi get blown away
The firmware is closed source so I don't think it will ever be hacked. Only way to get more power is to buy a Typhoon H in the USA or outside of Europe.
But 200m is very low; you should get more, even with stock.
Or try the DBS Typhoon H antenna, which requires no modifications to the remote. Customers have reported going out multiple kilometers with it. Make sure your battery is fully charged though ;-)

Reactions: skyhawk75
Has anyone in the EU bought an H from the USA, thus bypassing any issues? Any problems anyone can see with this approach?

I have tried the above and it works just fine. It gives the Camera better Range and Stability. The Video feed connects just 10 seconds after the Flight Screen appears, also the Video feed does not Drop-Out when the landing gear is raised. The 'Range' of the 'H' remains the same so I suspect the transmitter control signal is still operating at 25mw (Euro/UK). The Above 'Hack' changes the Camera Only.

The 'Range' of the 'H' remains the same so I suspect the transmitter control signal is still operating at 25mw (Euro/UK). The Above 'Hack' changes the Camera Only.
For the ST16 there is only one firmware available. So the transmitter control signal must be regulated on hardware basis or via GPS. I think it is regulated on the hardware - maybe with a kind of a resistor.

For the ST16 there is only one firmware available. So the transmitter control signal must be regulated on hardware basis or via GPS. I think it is regulated on the hardware - maybe with a kind of a resistor.

So this would mean the Typhoon H in the EU is different in terms of hardware? I think that's a lot of work for the people at Yuneec. If it's software it's probably in the firmware, which is 'closed'. Tried to open it, but i can't find the right way to open it.

I don't believe there are hardware differences. Most radios these days are software-controlled, Yuneec should be able to change the frequency and output power through the firmware.

is there a way for the latest Version (TyphoonH_Ver2.21_A) to update from "E" to "A"?
Tried it today, ST16 show no error while updating but Camera Version is still (E)

Hi,
I bought my my Typhoon h in Germany.
The firmware was with an (e)
I went to Brasil with the copter to Brasil and made a firmware update. Now it says (a) after the gimpal firmware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval