Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware update -To Do or Not To Do-

Reaction score
I still can't calibrate the compass after 10 attemps. Could the last firmware update resolve my problem?

It would resolve your problem if the firmware update you speak of indicates that it includes changes to the compass calibration.

Have you flown the "H", or do you have it grounded awaiting a successful compass calibration?

Point it North? and do it within 30 seconds or it fails, No new firmware update since May 5th, did you do that one?

Reactions: Forrestt
today
compass cal AGAIN
pointing Mag N
I´ve take the gymbal/camera combo OFF
fast rotations every time

at the 5th attemp, almost complete 1 full turn, one by one holding pair of arms as the lights go changing, BUT 1 pass one more turn in that 4th cycle of turns and light goes solid white......aggrrrrrrrrr!
i´ve decide to fly anyway turning OFF GPS from de ST16. Was aprox 10 min of quite stable fly and good manouvers with no extrange behavior that i´ve could recalled. When leave for hover by itself, just a little drift, very gently, in several directions as performing this probe. Not descending or assending in hovering.

What do you think?
Tks

today
compass cal AGAIN
pointing Mag N
I´ve take the gymbal/camera combo OFF
fast rotations every time

at the 5th attemp, almost complete 1 full turn, one by one holding pair of arms as the lights go changing, BUT 1 pass one more turn in that 4th cycle of turns and light goes solid white......aggrrrrrrrrr!
i´ve decide to fly anyway turning OFF GPS from de ST16. Was aprox 10 min of quite stable fly and good manouvers with no extrange behavior that i´ve could recalled. When leave for hover by itself, just a little drift, very gently, in several directions as performing this probe. Not descending or assending in hovering.

What do you think?
Tks
Bad Compass? If you are making sure you are away from any metals, even rebar in the street or driveway can mess with it! do out in a field far away from metals and don;t have your cell phone on you! if it won't do still, call Yuneec!

I had a long chat with a senior tech at Yuneec yesterday. Although in some of the literature it says to face magnetic north it is not necessary since the magnatometer will know what direction it's facing. What I've found helps (from a suggestion) for proper calibration is to rotate fairly rapidly 2 to 2.5 times for lights to go out. Of course remove your props as it states in the instructions and video so you can turn it more easily. When asked why they had said face north I was told it was just something they put in to "standardize the procedure".

Reactions: DroneClone
I had a long chat with a senior tech at Yuneec yesterday. Although in some of the literature it says to face magnetic north it is not necessary since the magnatometer will know what direction it's facing. What I've found helps (from a suggestion) for proper calibration is to rotate fairly rapidly 2 to 2.5 times for lights to go out. Of course remove your props as it states in the instructions and video so you can turn it more easily. When asked why they had said face north I was told it was just something they put in to "standardize the procedure".

exactly, when i rotate rapidly was wen i've achieve the closest to goal!

Bad Compass? If you are making sure you are away from any metals, even rebar in the street or driveway can mess with it! do out in a field far away from metals and don;t have your cell phone on you! if it won't do still, call Yuneec!

fine, tomorrow i will drive to a golf course and make the process in the midle of the fairway (no metal involved, nor the clubs of course)
Tks!

Reactions: DroneClone
I don't know why this compass calibration is so hard to achieve,, I have calibrated many APMs and DJI compasses even in my basement. There has to be something wrong with TH compass hardware or software.

Bad compass, as mine did it out of the box, first try! Basement, with steel reinforced flooring? Did it work?:rolleyes:

ya I've done some traveling recently from my regular flying area and calibrated a few times just in case....I've never pointed north. Haven't had a problem yet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval