Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware Update - Typhoon H fly off crash

Reaction score
Ran my first and only firmware update on my new typhoon h this week to take advantage of the new features. Read this forum to see if there were issues, didn't find anything alarming. Applied the update per instructions. Did it twice in fact to ensure I had not missed a step. Waited 2 days to get my nerves up to test fly it. I started it up locked into 18 sats, lifted off 10' in the air and let it hover. It hovered for about 5 seconds and then took off vertical and forward with zero input from me. I tried to gain control but it didn't respond, slammed into tree limbs, props broke, prop arms broke, dropped like a brick onto concrete, smashed the camera, broke then landing gear. The control was not in return to home mode btw. It's a $1000 pile of rubble now.

Ran my first and only firmware update on my new typhoon h this week to take advantage of the new features. Read this forum to see if there were issues, didn't find anything alarming. Applied the update per instructions. Did it twice in fact to ensure I had not missed a step. Waited 2 days to get my nerves up to test fly it. I started it up locked into 18 sats, lifted off 10' in the air and let it hover. It hovered for about 5 seconds and then took off vertical and forward with zero input from me. I tried to gain control but it didn't respond, slammed into tree limbs, props broke, prop arms broke, dropped like a brick onto concrete, smashed the camera, broke then landing gear. The control was not in return to home mode btw. It's a $1000 pile of rubble now.
Anyone needing spare parts, batteries, controller etc, let me know. I'll just part it out and cut my losses.

Dude...dont give up yet. Yuneec will warranty it most likely. If you dont want it...just have them warranty it forst then sell it as a whole unit
Yeah...that's what I was just thinking. If they fix it..I'll just sell it. I don't trust the thing any longer. It ran great ever since I got it in November...zero issues. The great guy that hooked me up with Yuneec, in all fairness, warned me against running firmware updates. Stinks though....I was impressed until today.

Yeah...that's what I was just thinking. If they fix it..I'll just sell it. I don't trust the thing any longer. It ran great ever since I got it in November...zero issues. The great guy that hooked me up with Yuneec, in all fairness, warned me against running firmware updates. Stinks though....I was impressed until today.
I have updated every time with little to no issues. Here are 2 videos the day i updated it. It flew better than ever.

3 17 17 FW update test

hovering fw update 3 17 17

Reactions: Bullhorn1976
I have updated every time with little to no issues. Here are 2 videos the day i updated it. It flew better than ever.

3 17 17 FW update test

hovering fw update 3 17 17
Great vids. I wish I had thought to have my son video with his phone since he was with me. I didn't even have time to raise the gear. My intention was to keep it low and move slow with caution. That plan went out the window quick.

Well...there are some who have had multiple problems but stick with the H. Done give up yet. Call them and arrange to send it in with telemetry files. Get it back and try once more if its not your fault....they will fix...be patient.

And yes! I LOVE MY H!

Were you in the circle of death? sounds like it.
I'm not familar with that. I just took off straight up and slow to about 10', no winds, 16 sats, everything was as all of my other flights as far as settings. I always just let it hover for a bit before flying off. It hovered for about 10 seconds and then took off vertical and forward. Only then did I put my fingers back on the sticks to attempt to bring it back. It just did it's own thing..up into tree limbs and then smashed into concrete from about 25' up.

I'm not familar with that. I just took off straight up and slow to about 10', no winds, 16 sats, everything was as all of my other flights as far as settings. I always just let it hover for a bit before flying off. It hovered for about 10 seconds and then took off vertical and forward. Only then did I put my fingers back on the sticks to attempt to bring it back. It just did it's own thing..up into tree limbs and then smashed into concrete from about 25' up.
You had in angle or smart mode?

Reactions: james stepp

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal