Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware update Ver 2.25 After you update post your outcome here.

After installing Ver 2.25

• Total voters
I agree with everything you say.

But it is not up to the consumer (Unless Yuneec actually asked for help) to undertake a task like this.
We don't even know that Yuneec would be interested or would want to use this data.

I cannot believe Yuneec does not know what is going on and if the above were true should send out a notice or a recall
to change the affected part(s).
Understood,

Completely understand and respect your position however, this effort is for those that are interested in tinkering and understanding their equipment more.
For some of us, the satisfaction we get from flying the equipment is equally matched to that of working on the equipment.
If by our efforts we can help others out, like professional photographers and such that are only interested in using the Th as a tool, that's a bonus.
Regardless of whether or not Yuneek should be doing this or not, were just going to take the bull by the horn and gets the lights going so we can see what the heck we have been tripping over and knocking our heads on in the dark.
For a consumer product such as this, don't expect a notice or recall, there is very little danger of life or limb.
If it ever got to that point, they would just dissolve the company and open up under a new name......not good for anyone.

If the arrow doesnt look right and you are MORE THAN 25 feet away, then that is an issue. If you are closer than 25 feet it doesn't point the right way is what I found.
I called support today because TH was not steady and also the led lights would not turn off, the new options were there but it did not work. Support said to apply the TH firmware again, after doing so the LED option worked, I calibrated the compass and took it out for a flight. I did not get much time because a storm was brewing. I seemed better after reapplying the firmware.

I noticed the screen would display the popup about exiting flight data telemetry will disconnect you from the TH. I hit cancel, this happened a few times while flying.

Since I started typing this the TH is powered up sitting on the table and that same pop up came on the screen, So I know I didn't accidentally do something on the touchscreen. the controller and TH are sitting on the coffee table... Ill call support again

I called support today because TH was not steady and also the led lights would not turn off, the new options were there but it did not work. Support said to apply the TH firmware again, after doing so the LED option worked, I calibrated the compass and took it out for a flight. I did not get much time because a storm was brewing. I seemed better after reapplying the firmware.

I noticed the screen would display the popup about exiting flight data telemetry will disconnect you from the TH. I hit cancel, this happened a few times while flying.

Since I started typing this the TH is powered up sitting on the table and that same pop up came on the screen, So I know I didn't accidentally do something on the touchscreen. the controller and TH are sitting on the coffee table... Ill call support again
I did a rebind it seems fine now

AZpiolt61,

when did you purchase yours?
I ask this because I'm curious if newer released equipment has fewer problems with the new firmware.

Last edited:
I purchased a new TH from Best Buy on Tuesday as my original one is in for repairs. On Wednesday, I loaded the latest FW, calibrated the Accelerometer and Gimble indoors, went to a wide open soccer field. Powered up the H and let it sit for the minimum 12.5 minutes (for 1st time GPS registration), then calibrated the GPS. Raised to 20 feet, completed several Front, Back, Left, Right, and Yaw maneuvers, did a quick straight up climb to test the battery. All went well, stable with no drifting. Took it out for short distance of 500 feet, flew around keeping within this radius. Still no problems. Returned and landed with no issues. Put in a new battery, flew out to 4,000 feet. Started to have flickering of video, still had good telemetry. Turned around, flew back with side trips until the battery started to get near a level requiring a return to landing point. Landed with no erratic behavior. Winds were at 16MPH with some gusts throughout the flight. She still maintained a rock steady flight.

On Thursday, I went to another area about five miles away. Same results, flying Steady.
I originally purchased an H when first released. It flew just as stead and I never had problems until the first FW update. Previously I could reach distances of over 3,000 feet (for testing only to confirm signal strength). After the 1st FW update I lost signal at 700 feet which cause it to RTH and hit a tree. Yuneec sent me a new TH, from that point on the new H had continuous telemetry and GPS issues, sent in to repair twice, the third time they sent me a GPS board to replace myself. The last one flew great on the first day and did a Fly Away on the second day, now back in service. I love this aircraft and needing one to work, I purchased the new one and I am glad I did.

So I also believe from the many other stories and mine that there may have been a bad batch of components. over the past couple of months. I have voice this to Yuneec. I was told they did not have a table to track the serial numbers of the components to match against those with failures.

Upgraded to the new firmware myself today. Yuneec service forgot that step during my last trip to the repair center.
Put the H on a 50 foot tether and flew one battery. Very stable hover. Very responsive controls. Second battery I took the tether off. Flew GPS on/off. 400 feet altitude. 1500 feet down range. Flew perfect. 1500 feet down range hit RTH, she turned rose up to the set 150 feet, many tall trees around me. Came back, tuned again and made a perfect landing 5 feet from me. Ran out of time to test camera with my third battery.

Reactions: Rayray
1500 feet down range hit RTH, she turned rose up to the set 150 feet, many tall trees around me. Came back, tuned again and made a perfect landing 5 feet from me.

You are brave! I do RTH, but when it comes close, I switch to Angle and land it myself.

Had no problems with my H after updating, although I did have to calibrate to get rid of some drifting. My H handles the wind better than my P4 and blows away the P4 in follow. Couple vids from today.

^^ Great to see the videos showing each frame in the air.
Nice clip with the truck - I want one for where I am living...

I want to add my H is not a Pro, with the new firmware at about 10 mph in follow the H turns towards the direction of flight as if to aim real sense forward. Problem is the camera goes to fpv view; if I keep it below 10 mph the camera stays on the subject.

I want to add my H is not a Pro, with the new firmware at about 10 mph in follow the H turns towards the direction of flight as if to aim real sense forward. Problem is the camera goes to fpv view; if I keep it below 10 mph the camera stays on the subject.

That's an interesting observation. I guess, most people in 'follow' mode will have the H behind them so it shouldn't be a problem, however, if you are in front or off to the side, I wonder whether you could just switch pan modes and manually frame the shot? I don't use follow/watch so I'm not sure if this is an option.

I have had the this Typhoon since the first few days of being released. It perform flawlessly for the first few months. The only problem that had ever occurred after the first few months was it refusing to land on about 5 occasions. Had posted this back some time ago.

1. Did the first firmware update , then had my first toilet bowl a few flights later. all calibrations were done after
the firmware update. Prob flew another 15 flights with only another refuse to land situation.
2. Just did the latest firmware update from 9/26. Performed all calibrations. Went out and flew flawlessly for pretty
much the entire battery. Came back landed once and took off again. The battery was getting low and came
back and was hovering about 5 feet off the ground for 2 minutes.
3. Then it started to do a very slight toilet bowl, at that point I tried to land and it went up to about 15 feet and
would take no commands. Then after about 40 seconds starts to shoot off at about 20mph and went about
50 feet before hitting a tree. Not good but prob better than a total lost of bird otherwise.

I am not a newbee to RC. Been doing RC since the 80,s . Had my own hobby shop for 8 years from 2005-2012
Finished 3rd in the world in 1/10 scale electric off road.

On another note I do not fly in safe mode and never use obstacle avoidance , and was in full rabbit mode.

Attachments

• IMG_2792.JPG
    IMG_2792.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • 270902_1886359806495_593280_n.jpg
    270902_1886359806495_593280_n.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 271052_1886640853521_1527589_n.jpg
    271052_1886640853521_1527589_n.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
This is kinda my fear. Mine was also in the first release. Bricked during the very first firmware release.
Yuneec replaced the aircraft, but applied my original serial number to the aircraft. After the second September firmware release I had nothing but compass errors. Sent it back again, got back yet a different aircraft same serial number, and still had the same old firmware in it. Upgraded to the latest release, flew 2 batteries flawlessly, but I am start to hear more people complain that it will not land????
And now that is followed up by a attempted fly away.

That's an interesting observation. I guess, most people in 'follow' mode will have the H behind them so it shouldn't be a problem, however, if you are in front or off to the side, I wonder whether you could just switch pan modes and manually frame the shot? I don't use follow/watch so I'm not sure if this is an option.

That is one of my biggest complaints with my P4 is you must follow from the rear in VT. Now in Go you must be above 10 meters to GPST and in VT below 10 meters for VPS altitude, too many restrictions. I can rarely GPST with my {4 because it constantly wants me GPS is weak; even so being restricted to 30 feet doesn't work for me.

In the previous firmware I could track from the front with the Wizard at 40 mph, now the H and camera yaw to a forward position. I may be able to override the pan and focus on the subject but that is not how Watch me is suppose to work. Hopefully the new firmware will correct it. I think some Pro stuff is finding it's way into the base H.
Early firmware:
This is as fast as I can go with the new firmware before it pan's to FPV.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430