Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware update Ver 2.25 After you update post your outcome here.

After installing Ver 2.25

• Total voters
No issues before the update to speak of, also two test flights after the update and no issues still, very happy, seeing some good firmware updates coming out , so still a happy chappy :)

Here we go again. After I did re-installation of this latest firmware, after strange behaviour I had with H Pro, it flew two times pefectly fine.
I just came back from flight and it was horror. As soon as I started to go up it started to behave uncontrolable. I moved stick to forward and it started to go left, after stop it did toilet bowl. Then started to go around on it's own, it was very scary. Then controls really didn't listen anymore so I quickly turned GPS OFF and in 10-20 seconds again ON. Sometimes you have feeling like it is in Smart mode and always fly Angle. And it was twitching like crazy.
So I finally went for landing. I am not sure how this barometer works but it is not calculating height correctly at all. I am like 3 meters up, and it is saying -1.0 m.
No matter that it landed pretty fine and suddenly before I managed to switch motors off, IT WENT UP ! I was quick to land it again and switch off.

There is no way to clear your mind for videography when you need to non-stop on call for strange behaviour that can end up badly.

Here we go again. After I did re-installation of this latest firmware, after strange behaviour I had with H Pro, it flew two times pefectly fine.
I just came back from flight and it was horror. As soon as I started to go up it started to behave uncontrolable. I moved stick to forward and it started to go left, after stop it did toilet bowl. Then started to go around on it's own, it was very scary. Then controls really didn't listen anymore so I quickly turned GPS OFF and in 10-20 seconds again ON. Sometimes you have feeling like it is in Smart mode and always fly Angle. And it was twitching like crazy.
So I finally went for landing. I am not sure how this barometer works but it is not calculating height correctly at all. I am like 3 meters up, and it is saying -1.0 m.
No matter that it landed pretty fine and suddenly before I managed to switch motors off, IT WENT UP ! I was quick to land it again and switch off.

There is no way to clear your mind for videography when you need to non-stop on call for strange behaviour that can end up badly.

Dxer, since you first received your Pro H drone the first of September, you have had nothing but a continual stream of problems. I do not think I have even heard of such bad luck before. I sincerely hope you get the problems worked out, so you can get on with Videography.

Dxer, since you first received your Pro H drone the first of September, you have had nothing but a continual stream of problems. I do not think I have even heard of such bad luck before. I sincerely hope you get the problems worked out, so you can get on with Videography.

Actually no...you got it wrong. When it came it was flying perfectly. It went bad after this new firmware 2.25 installation. I belive that before this firmware I was on 2.23 and while others were reporting problems with it, my H was flying perfectly. Then I installed 2.25 and problems started.

EDIT: Is there maybe changelog for the last firmware updates ? I would like to see which versions number were for the autopilot, gimbal,etc. per FW versions number.

Last edited:
Actually no...you got it wrong. When it came it was flying perfectly. It went bad after this new firmware 2.25 installation. I belive that before this firmware I was on 2.23 and while others were reporting problems with it, my H was flying perfectly. Then I installed 2.25 and problems started.

Out of interest, did you do many/any calibrations before your first firmware update?

And were they done correctly away from EMI, including in the ground.

When copter came first I did gimbal, accelerometer and then compas calibration in open field . My car was like 20 meters away and mobile off - in the car, always the same procedure .
Copter came with ST16 firmware B22 and Typhoon H came with Autopilot 1.25 (not sure what fw number was that).
Then I upgraded to next firmware (both ST16 and copter). Had some trouble getting it into bind mode but finally managed. And with this fw upgrade it all went well, again all calibrated. I belive actually that this was fw that many of forum users wrote that is no good and that they have drifting and strange behaviour in general. But I never had any problem with it.
Then I upgraded to this latest 2.25 firmware (autopilot 1.28) and it all went to ****. I belive I tried calibrated compas 6-8 times already on two different fields with this fw.
This yesterday flight was specially problematic, never had such uncontrolable flight. I was trying to stabilise drifting which was all over and while trying to do this and was twiching like ****

What is weird is that you can have couple of good flights and then next one not, this is what scare me.

What is weird is that you can have couple of good flights and then next one not, this is what scare me.

First thing I ask myself under those circumstances is "What has changed?".

Next update is comming soon. 2-3 days...
Are you trying to scare everyone this soon before Halloween? :) Is this the update that fixes the last update that fixed the last update because I think I'm just going to wait for the next update that fixes this update:)

Reactions: Rayray
Are you trying to scare everyone this soon before Halloween? :) Is this the update that fixes the last update that fixed the last update because I think I'm just going to wait for the next update that fixes this update:)
LOL! Me thinks we are all stuck in an infinite GO-TO DO LOOP if I remember my BASIC programming correctly. Jesus this is pathetic! :mad:

Reactions: BobW55
LOL! Me thinks we are all stuck in an infinite GO-TO DO LOOP if I remember my BASIC programming correctly. Jesus this is pathetic! :mad:
This is deja vu from the phantom 2 and 3 days with all the updates fixing updates. I skipped this last one and will sit out the next for a few weeks unless some great new features are added.

Reactions: JohnL
Bar a motor dying on me and a slightly out of focus camera both of which were fixed the same day by my dealer at marionville models I have had no issues, I reckon it's the best money I've spent in a while and I still get excited everytime I know I'm gonna fly it, maybe I'm lucky and got a good one, but no issues with firmwares or scary flights or anything, fingers crossed it stays this way [emoji108][emoji23]

carried out all updates, find craft will not become "ready" status until at least 13 satellites . once in ready mode and more satellites are gained. no matter what the highest amount of satellites becomes. if it looses 2 satellites i get GPS LOST warning. so if it drops from 13 to 11, or 20 to 18, or 17 to 15 etc etc etc. no matter how many i have. if i loose 2 i get the warning to fly in manual. kinda weird.

carried out all updates, find craft will not become "ready" status until at least 13 satellites . once in ready mode and more satellites are gained. no matter what the highest amount of satellites becomes. if it looses 2 satellites i get GPS LOST warning. so if it drops from 13 to 11, or 20 to 18, or 17 to 15 etc etc etc. no matter how many i have. if i loose 2 i get the warning to fly in manual. kinda weird.
That is odd and I don't remember anybody else experiencing it. I wonder if you might try reinstalling? Good luck!

Did it work OK before you updated?

I performed the updates on the Typhoon and ST16 today. After it completed I performed the calibration. Rock solid flight and speed in angle mode is right around 30 which is a couple MPH above previous speed tests. Upon returning from my tests and preparing to land I noticed a little drift - 1-2 laterally in multiple directions. May need to preform the calibrations again to get it solid again. I DID notice that, just after landing I'd simply release the left stick and power the Typhoon down with the engine stop button but the 'bounce' when I released from full down to center introduced just enough 'bounce' to rev the engines back up again. If I slowly released the left stick after a 2nd landing and I had no issues. I did note significantly extended range with no video loss. In the area I fly (suburban neighborhood) I could get 1500 ft before the ambient interference would cause video signal to start dropping. After the update I was able to go 2500 feet at a lower altitude with no loss of signal. Signal loss/control loss seemed to start happening around 2700ft.
One other issue I noted. When initially taking off the drone seemed to climb slowly for the first 6 or 7 feet before getting up to full climbing speed. When coming back to land it seemed to descend fine until, again, it got to within 6-7 feet before it noticeably slowed it's descent rate significantly. It actually caused me to double check and triple check the proportional rate slider to make sure it was still set to rabbit (I usually lower it to turtle under 5 feet anyway to reduce overcorrection).
I have not tested many other features, but I did verify the LED on/off and the GPS on/off worked without any issues. I will try to set up a follow me flight in the coming days.

It seems that most of us having similar issues. Drifting is the most common problem and this one with landing, the same happend to me too. After left stick down, it wanted to go up again. I am just hoping that new firmware will fix this as after my last flight I am grounded. There was too much drifting and overall flight issues to be confident to fly now.

I updated to 2.25. I calibrated everything. Flying was great. Flew out over water and did some house shots. The only issue I continue to have is a bit of drifting. No more than 10 - 15 feet then it steadies pretty well. Still the drifting is a bit problematic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval