Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware Update Warning on the Typhoon H

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
There appears to be a number of issues with the latest firmware update that are very concerning. I would recommend not updating if you have not done so at this time.

Several posts regarding loss of control during flight are the most troubling. I would wait until you hear more about this firmware over the course of the next week or so.

This has only affected a limited number of aircraft and many pilots have reported no problems.

Last edited:
There appears to be a number of issues with the latest firmware update that are very concerning. I would recommend not updating if you have not done so at this time.

Several posts regarding loss of control during flight are the most troubling. I would wait until you here more about this firmware over the course of the next week or so.
I have had no issues after the UPDATE everything works fine.

I have had no issues after the UPDATE everything works fine.
Thanks Skyrider. I just edited the post to reflect that. Many people have had no problems. However there are enough who have that makes the warning appropriate. Most have been from experienced pilots, so pilot error is not the issue. Just appears something goes wrong during the update that affects some aircraft but not all.

Reactions: Brian Mackey

Several posts regarding loss of control during flight are the most troubling. I would wait until you here more about this firmware over the course of the next week or so.

This has only affected a limited number of aircraft and many pilots have reported no problems.

hey Steve I was asking a serious question on the Facebook thing not trying to make a statement, can we just over write the new firmware with the old version? :)

hey Steve I was asking a serious question on the Facebook thing not trying to make a statement, can we just over write the new firmware with the old version? :)
I took it as a serious question and I included that question in the post asking if anyone had tried it. I know it worked ok on the Q500, but the H has been out so briefly that I don't think anyone has tried it. I save the older firmware just for that reason and I will share it with anyone who wants to give it a shot.
My guess would be........it would work.
Thanks Brian.

I took it as a serious question and I included that question in the post asking if anyone had tried it. I know it worked ok on the Q500, but the H has been out so briefly that I don't think anyone has tried it. I save the older firmware just for that reason and I will share it with anyone who wants to give it a shot.
My guess would be........it would work.
Thanks Brian.

I thought I even saw a feature in the Pad area to restore old firmware Ill dig around and let you know.. On the post over there I just wanted to make sure you didnt think i was just tossing out a jab :)

Reactions: Steve Carr
I thought I even saw a feature in the Pad area to restore old firmware Ill dig around and let you know.. On the post over there I just wanted to make sure you didnt think i was just tossing out a jab :)
Hope you find it. That would be awesome at least for the ST. Not sure about the H.

you can not downgrade to a older firmware. this has been confirmed from Yuneec Ontario

Yes i took a short drive to Ontario a few weeks ago they said its not possible for end user. it has to be done bye firmware tech guy.
I can buy that explanation although I'm not totally convinced it can't be done if you know how work around the file naming conventions. On the other hand, I'm not willing to try it on a perfectly functioning machine.

I can buy that explanation although I'm not totally convinced it can't be done if you know how work around the file naming conventions. On the other hand, I'm not willing to try it on a perfectly functioning machine.
ive tried renaming files even the flight controler and cgo3 in the bin file, everytime i wont work. Yuneec must have a string somewhere in the coding that prevents hacking firmware

ive tried renaming files even the flight controler and cgo3 in the bin file, everytime i wont work. Yuneec must have a string somewhere in the coding that prevents hacking firmware
Thanks for that alsey7. Looks like we just wait until Tues for any word from Yuneec.

Reactions: OzCougar

I agree, have not updated my 2 yet, only because experience taught me that any new tech, hardware or software, should be given time to shake out. Look at the Note 7 for a good example. Good post.

Interesting to know if these crashes had the ST16 and H updated or just the H. Also if they calibrated after update and which firmware, hacked version or official. No problems here, flies much better .

Reactions: perry081064
it may be worth setting up a poll with those options in ( then perhaps we can get a clearer view ) no one has to comment unless they want to so they could be honest with their answers :)

Interesting to know if these crashes had the ST16 and H updated or just the H. Also if they calibrated after update and which firmware, hacked version or official. No problems here, flies much better .

Official Update here, I have two issues, drifting and the landing get getting stuck up, just FYI if that happens just use RTH its much safer than doing what i did the first time they got stuck, I had two failures and still fighting the drift.. Oh and Zero issues before the update.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval